BBC Radio 1 Dance Pete Tong

Must admit thought this was weird. Billed as LA being the centre of dance music universe. True there are some good clubs there but still underlying bottle service culture and all style not a lot of substance. The rooftop thing was just full of industry bods and guests of the DJs.

Think it was just an excuse for Tong to do something different, and just so happened some big DJs were in town they could use on top of the DJs living out there.

Radio 1 probably used Sirius production stuff and equipment so probably fairly cheap for them to do.

This is going to sound odd, but I never knew Hawtin was English. For some reason thought he was North American

i think his family moved to Windsor,Ontario when he was a little kid/baby but yeah originally english

the event was invite only for the industry only + a few friends of the djs so you can't compare it to a normal club event in terms of the crowd. for them it was a chance to socialize and have a drink...

I watched the highlights last night. One bloke seemed to be doing all the dancing, the others look like they needed a slap.

As for the spinners, I always like watching Eats Everything tbh, he seems to enjoy himself.

Christ that was painful. Basically one big advert. And as for "it only took off over the last 5 years" utter bullshit!! there was a massive rave scene in LA in the early 90s - i know the guy who helped start it!

When I think of LA, all I can picture is getting caught up in a drive by shooting in very hot weather.

I watched the highlights last night. One bloke seemed to be doing all the dancing, the others look like they needed a slap.

As for the spinners, I always like watching Eats Everything tbh, he seems to enjoy himself.

Eats Everything probably one of my fave DJs last few years. Very versatile in terms of genres , and fun to watch. His B2B with Yousef on the Space Terrace in September was a highlight of my Ibiza trip

Despite everything, I still miss the Petetong.com messageboard. It was more than a messageboard. It was a way of life. I'm not sure the man himself knew it existed.

Eats Everything probably one of my fave DJs last few years. Very versatile in terms of genres , and fun to watch. His B2B with Yousef on the Space Terrace in September was a highlight of my Ibiza trip
Was this the one where art department missed his flight and didn't play? If so I was at this too and was really good. Played basement jaxx red alert and it went off!!!

Is Pete Tong even relevant anymore? Heard he was a bit of a throbber.

Get where you are going. I suppose as long as he does the Essential Mix he is. That does get masses of worldwide listeners.... Maybe more worldwide than uk now. But in Ibiza I don't think he is

Back