Back to 95

Wonder why base a whole series of old skool events on 1995? I know it was a good year for house music, in the same way 88 was for acid house, 92 for hardcore, 94 for jungle, 97 for garage, but why create an event solely dedicated to 1995, surely its a bit limiting, especially for a whole season?

Delacy Hideaway and Bucketheads The Bomb featuring heavily!

Wonder why base a whole series of old skool events on 1995? I know it was a good year for house music, in the same way 88 was for acid house, 92 for hardcore, 94 for jungle, 97 for garage, but why create an event solely dedicated to 1995, surely its a bit limiting, especially for a whole season?

Delacy Hideaway and Bucketheads The Bomb featuring heavily!

its billed as garage, jungle & rnb

I'm not sure if it is the same people but they used to do one at the Scala in King's Cross. I went once. Don't know if the DJ read the brief but he certainly loved the Shapeshifters and Audio Bullys. Funereal atmosphere, half-hearted crowd, mostly geezers or old timers in pony tails, a bored rasta in the corner selling paracetamols and a very occasional glimpse of a bird whenever the over-excitable smoke machine stopped. Slightly moody vibe. Everyone on the ching. They used to advertise it on lamp posts at junctions on the north circular.

Pretty sure they do regular events at Ministry of Sound. And they host a stage at 51st state festival I walked into once moody vibe, terrible music. Not my scene but it seems popular.

all those Strike, Livin Joy, Rapino Brothers, PJ & Duncan CD singles now selling for 10p at your local car boot.
still, it gave us underworld, daft punk and a load of self-important angsty bastards from Bristol - 1995 wasn't all bad. I mostly miss dialling up in the student computer room for an hour and drinking my way around Spain. All my indie friends used to moan about how terrible their lives were but I bet when they watch the news now, all those same people are crying with nostalgia.

Back