B52s UK TOUR

madwhitegiant

B-52s announce UK tour
84_b52s_L081206_01.jpg

The B-52s have announced details of a UK tour.

The US popsters will play four dates in July in support of their new album 'Funplex' - the band's first studio release in sixteen years.

'Funplex' is released on April 14, while the tour will visit:

Glasgow Academy (July 21)
Manchester Academy (22)
Birmingham Academy (23)
London Roundhouse (24)

Oh how fun would that be :D
Another one of those great bands from the 80s that I never got around to seeing live.

Well The London date is on a Thursday so you can then take advantage of the Friday and Saturday days and nights as it would be rude not to do the usual touristy things while you are down here!

Or if you have a week to kill you have the Lovebox festival the weekend before at Victoria Park. Highly recommended.

Well The London date is on a Thursday so you can then take advantage of the Friday and Saturday days and nights as it would be rude not to do the usual touristy things while you are down here!

Or if you have a week to kill you have the Lovebox festival the weekend before at Victoria Park. Highly recommended.

I know - borrow a flat from work and a weekend in the city..... niiiiice.....

The new album seems to have almost universal bad reviews (wont elaborate) I have most of stuff on one format or another,play em now and again, as a rough comparison THE CRAMPS have managed to stay alive:!: and still make good critiqued albums:twisted:

Can't belive the Cramps are still around!

I downloaded the new B-52s single. It was pretty poor.

But I could sit trough a half hour of new material for a chance to hear them do the classics 8)

In related news, just found out the Sex Pistols are coming in June :D :D and Alphaville in May :lol:
Kylie is on her way out here too...that'd be good for a laugh... looks like another summer of concerts :lol:

But I could sit trough a half hour of new material for a chance to hear them do the classics 8)

In related news, just found out the Sex Pistols are coming in June :D :D and Alphaville in May :lol:
Kylie is on her way out here too...that'd be good for a laugh... looks like another summer of concerts :lol:

I am purchasing this little beauty tomorrow ... :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Its pure nostalgia.... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edge-Eighti...ks_all_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1207301717&sr=1-1#disc_1

Ha ha, dont knock Kylie, I saw her Showgirl tour (before the cancer :confused:) and it was amazing. Absolutely love her.

Going back to see her at the O2 this summer.

She's just a little too teeny-boppery for my taste. Not sure I could sit through such gems as Lucky. But she has had a few radio hits I find myself involuntarily singing and bopping along to :lol: mainly her material from this decade. And all that aside, I quite like her image.

She's just a little too teeny-boppery for my taste. Not sure I could sit through such gems as Lucky. But she has had a few radio hits I find myself involuntarily singing and bopping along to :lol: mainly her material from this decade. And all that aside, I quite like her image.

It depends what show she is doing, the one I saw was her greatest hits but if she does her latest stuff, I doubt she would do all her old stuff.

Im just biased I have loved her since a child :lol:

Cramps etc.

I go and see a local band quite often,the singer is a dead ringer for Lux Interior8) interestingly they play the Pistols,[Holidays in the sun] and Kylie,[cant get you outta my head] Cramps stylee:!: Sadly no Alphaville,but to make up for this they play Bauhaus,Bela Lugosi.....:twisted:

I have to say I was a teeny bit bored by her concert a few year back - the one beforwe Showgirl? - lovely to look at - fantastic costumes and dance routines - however it was a cabaret and I am not that big on cabaret performance type stuff... All she did was just remix all her old hits and it wasnt really my cup of tea - still free tickets and all that..... so mustnt really grumble too much

I have to say I was a teeny bit bored by her concert a few year back - the one beforwe Showgirl? - lovely to look at - fantastic costumes and dance routines - however it was a cabaret and I am not that big on cabaret performance type stuff... All she did was just remix all her old hits and it wasnt really my cup of tea - still free tickets and all that..... so mustnt really grumble too much

Yeah a few of her older albums I havent been that keen on, the one that had Slow on was ok.......that might be the one, but it wasnt great. And I never had the one that everyone went mad for, Fever was it, the one with Cant get you out of my head on. But I do really like her latest album, very electro and maybe a bit cheesy but fun all the same.

Showgirl was loud & camp - was great :lol: :lol:

Back