Ayia napa or Ibiza?

Mow

Hey folks,

Dont even know if this is the right thread.

I been to Ibiza with my gf for the last 2 summers and we really enjoyed it. As we are planning for the next summe's trip, the idea of ayia napa popoed out.

We are thinking of napa cause it's so much closer to where we live (less flight time and less expensive tickets) and also because Ibiza was very expensive last summer (70 euros for tiesto and 70 for Avicii for example).

Anybody can advise about napa? Does it have the same spirit of Ibiza? Clubs and djs on the same level of Ibiza? And any other detail we be of great help.

We are both mainly interested in clubbing and beaches. For example last summer we loved Avicii @ Ushuaia , zoo project, pukka up, bor bora while we hated tiesto @ privilege (although we used to be good fans of tiesto) and supermartxe @ priviledge. I think this mainly shows our interests; getting wasted and getting out for clubbing. ;)

Thankssssss

I went to both in 2011.

Ayia Napa is very much like the west end in San An, full of bars with the odd club thrown in. It is far from what it used to be in terms of a more R'n'B focused resort, caters for all these days with the 'EDM' culture becoming as big as it has.
They don't have many massive name DJs in the resort itself (there are a few lesser known (older generation)) DJs that do appear but Makronissos Beach club does have some one off events which are pretty big. Above & Beyond and Angello being recent names.

Nissi Bay Beach bar always has music playing throughout the day and some crazy foam parties and typical 18-30 style events as well which prove quite popular.

The best place in Cyprus although it is quite a drive from Ayia Napa is Guaba Beach Bar. They have big name DJs (mainly trance based) every sunday throughout summer. I can safely say that is up there with the best venues i've ever been to anywhere.

If you just want a holiday with drinking, sun, music then Ayia Napa would probably be the better option.
If it's the DJs and clubs that you're really into then Ibiza.

I'd always pick Ibiza over Ayia Napa because i go away for good music, clubs etc and Ibiza is number 1 for me.

I went to both in 2011.

Ayia Napa is very much like the west end in San An, full of bars with the odd club thrown in. It is far from what it used to be in terms of a more R'n'B focused resort, caters for all these days with the 'EDM' culture becoming as big as it has.
They don't have many massive name DJs in the resort itself (there are a few lesser known (older generation)) DJs that do appear but Makronissos Beach club does have some one off events which are pretty big. Above & Beyond and Angello being recent names.

Nissi Bay Beach bar always has music playing throughout the day and some crazy foam parties and typical 18-30 style events as well which prove quite popular.

The best place in Cyprus although it is quite a drive from Ayia Napa is Guaba Beach Bar. They have big name DJs (mainly trance based) every sunday throughout summer. I can safely say that is up there with the best venues i've ever been to anywhere.

If you just want a holiday with drinking, sun, music then Ayia Napa would probably be the better option.
If it's the DJs and clubs that you're really into then Ibiza.

I'd always pick Ibiza over Ayia Napa because i go away for good music, clubs etc and Ibiza is number 1 for me.

Thanks for the advise mate, I am just likE u, love Ibiza.

Dbut is it right that napa is cheaper than Ibiza. As I told u before, Ibiza was very expensive last summer

In terms of club entry, yes it is. In Ibiza though it's the big name DJs that you're paying for and as you don't have them in Ayia Napa there's your big difference in entry price.

You could still do Ibiza on the cheap if you look out for wristbands or go to the lesser known club nights at Eden / Es Paradis etc.

In terms of club entry, yes it is. In Ibiza though it's the big name DJs that you're paying for and as you don't have them in Ayia Napa there's your big difference in entry price.

You could still do Ibiza on the cheap if you look out for wristbands or go to the lesser known club nights at Eden / Es Paradis etc.

If clubs in napa are like eden and es paradis, then I think I belong to ibiza!! I really get board in those clubs.

What about prices of drinks inside clubs in napa? Food and transportation prices?

I didn't say they were like Eden & Es Paradis...i'm saying you can have a cheap night in Ibiza by going to one of those on the quieter lesser known club nights.

A lot cheaper than Ibiza's prices in terms of drinks in clubs. Food is pretty much the same where ever you go abroad, can easily find cheap good quality food in various places.
If you stay near the centre of Ayia Napa everything is in walking distance. All the bars / clubs are pretty much in the main square.

Buses are cheap (3euros for a single trip if i remember rightly). I had to get a taxi back from Protaras a few times too and that was between 10-20 euros depending on the driver and thats about 10 mins away. Airport transfer from Larnaca is about 45-50 euros.

Back