Autumn '10 TV Shows

Morbyd

Last night, I caught up on some of the 2 weeks of television I've got stored up since I was away on the island.

Anyone seen eps 1 & 2 of House MD? Loving it! Good balance of drama & humor.

Also highly recommended:
- Mad Men (which I just started watching this summer :oops:)

- The Big C - new series with great actress Laura Linney about a woman with cancer. A comedy, no less. Really well done.

- Rubicon - new series about people who work in a think tank. A think tank! Something new, for once. Has an intelligence element to it and a bit of conspiracy.

My other regularly-watched series is Castle (guilty pleasure. typical police procedural but Nathan Fillian is a lovable rogue), and I've d/led this new series called The Event but have yet to view it.

What are you guys watching?

The event is good so far. It is one those you have to pay attention to, like lost. I will not give you any more info don't want to spoil it.

Saw ep1 of Boardwalk Empire which looks promising...But the real news is all about the return of Eastbound and Down :)

eastbound_and_down.jpg

Eastbound and Down series 2 just started. 1st episode was a bit mehh tbh.

Really? Shame, gonna watch it tonight with crossed fingers.

They'll never beat the "It was the eggrolls not the ecstasy" moment tho hope it's still got some decent quotable scenes:D

I've heard good things about Breaking Bad. Will have to give it a look.

Is Eastbound & Down actually funny? Haven't seen it but Will Ferrell is a bit hit or miss.

I've heard good things about Breaking Bad. Will have to give it a look.

Is Eastbound & Down actually funny? Haven't seen it but Will Ferrell is a bit hit or miss.

I can't stand Will Ferrell*, and don't even know whay I gave it a second viewing as I really didn't 'get' it when I watched it first, but I did, and it kinda clicked and I saw the rest of the series within the space of a week. It's quote heaven more than anything. :D

*That said, The Other Guys is actually pretty good and easily his best film since Anchorman/Oldschool/Wedding Crashers.

BB is essential 8)

(I'm a Wire and MM virgin too - I like to keep them back as my "break glass in case of nothing to do for a massive great big length of time!" collections!)

I'd held off on Mad Men forever. Haven't even gone back to watch earlier seasons but hooked on season 4.

My "reserve" series are the Wire and the West Wing (have had the first season downloaded for ages).

Really hoping HBO brings back Treme for season 2. Show about New Orleans from the people that did the Wire (minus the writer that died)

I definitely need to get out of the house building/repair programme rut that the hubs has got me stuck in - he loves all that crap but it bores me to tears.

My guilty pleasure at the moment is True Blood :oops: which I've only just discovered.

Can you enlighten me about Breaking Bad please?

I sky plussed the City v Chelsea game Johnny so have been watching that all week :D;):lol:
You should have taped the UEFA Champions League match Chelsea v Marseilles.
Who are you playing in that other little Euro competition tonight?

I definitely need to get out of the house building/repair programme rut that the hubs has got me stuck in - he loves all that crap but it bores me to tears.

My guilty pleasure at the moment is True Blood :oops: which I've only just discovered.

Can you enlighten me about Breaking Bad please?

I've just finished watching series 3 of True Blood. It is my guilty pleasure :oops:

Thanks for the tip about Eastbound & Down!! 8)

I've just finished watching series 3 of True Blood. It is my guilty pleasure :oops:

:lol: I subjected the hubby to an episode the other night. He wasn't impressed but I saw it as a little payback for having to sit through hours of Grand Designs and Kevin 'Smug & Patronising' McCloud.

Back