Australian Open

Morbyd

Nadal going down! :eek:
Apparently struggling with an injury. Ferrer could serve out his third straight set in minutes now.

I only woke up in time for the 3rd set of the final.

Man against boy, really. Murray is getting crushed.

I only turned on for the third and final set. Murray already looked resigned to losing, he didn't seem to have any fight left in him. Disappointing

The server issue saved me from an earlier post to this thread and my prediction!:oops:

I think Murray virtually reseined himself to never winning a slam last year when he said publicly;
"Maybe I will never win a grand slam"

Those seeds od doubt could prove fatal, sad as he is a damned good player. That said I cannot see him beating Nova anytime soon. Murray needs to use the time Nadal is injured aand Fed is clearly not 100% into the game anymore to try and get one in the bag before the next wave of young guns arrive in town.

Who is the next us tennis hero, Morbs?

Looking pretty thin on the ground, WLI. At least, from a US point of view.
Seems like it'll be Federer-Nadal-Djokovic for a while.

i know i've gone over board on rafa many times.....weird to think it's five years worth going back on here http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=35425

anyway, i still stand by what i said previously that for me, he is the epitome of the ultimate sportsperson.

whatever attributes you could come up with as necessary, i honestly don't think anyone would score higher than rafa. the only slight doubt was if he could sustain it and have longevity and he now has 9 grand slam titles.

he has dominated, there is no other word for it, the best player to play the game in federer, and especially in the biggest matches.

for me, apart from the speed, strength, talent, etc, etc, etc the most amazing facet of his game has always been his mental toughness. i've never seen a sportsperson so unaffected by the situation they are faced with. federer is a classic example of the opposite in losing concentration/confidence if things aren't going his way.....which is rare, so it's not usually raised as an issue.

total hero.

i know i've gone over board on rafa many times.....weird to think it's five years worth going back on here http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=35425

anyway, i still stand by what i said previously that for me, he is the epitome of the ultimate sportsperson.

whatever attributes you could come up with as necessary, i honestly don't think anyone would score higher than rafa. the only slight doubt was if he could sustain it and have longevity and he now has 9 grand slam titles.

he has dominated, there is no other word for it, the best player to play the game in federer, and especially in the biggest matches.

for me, apart from the speed, strength, talent, etc, etc, etc the most amazing facet of his game has always been his mental toughness. i've never seen a sportsperson so unaffected by the situation they are faced with. federer is a classic example of the opposite in losing concentration/confidence if things aren't going his way.....which is rare, so it's not usually raised as an issue.

total hero.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that m8. Personally I think tennis is the toughest mental sport of them all. Federer had many mental demons as a young player and conquered them, he is the most graceful natural player ever. Rafa is almost like a freak of nature for his physical and mental energies, he could have beeen master of any sport he chose, sadly such a level of commitment cannot be sustained as we have seen with his knee injury.

Shelley does not do the swooning for tv actors thing but jesus when Rafa is playing she is like a woman possessed, given the opportunity, she would take Barbies dj stalking prowess to a new level with Rafa :x

As a small aside, if a sportsman ever had a more wildy inappropriate nickname than "Tiger Tim", I would love to hear it?!

Back