August...is it that bad?

district

I've booked a trip heading to Ibiza at the end of August (23-27) but have read in various places on this website that August is very hot, crowded and overpriced. Is it really that bad? How much more expensive would you say drinks or other things are in August vs July? I've been to Ibiza before a few years ago and went at the end of July so I'm just curious.

I guess the trip is already booked so I can't change it now, but would be good to know what to expect. Realistic responses would be appreciated Right now, I am planning on going to Music On, Pure Pacha, and We Love with an Ushuaia party thrown in somewhere and I'm staying in PDB.

Also, unrelated, what time do Ushuaia parties end? Is it easy to do Ushuaia during the day and still head to a club the same night?

Thanks in advance!

I think Ushuaia parties end at midnight (at least the Sasha one I went to last Sept did), so quite easy to go on to a club.

Can't help with the rest; I'm a June/Sept man.

you're going at the end of august, by then the "worst" period is actually already over. i personally find it's only the first two weeks of august when it's really too full everywhere.

don't worry too much about it, you'll have a great time. and yes you can do ushuaïa afternoon/evening and then head off to any club after midnight no problem!

It can be considerably busier in some places - e.g. Music On will likely be absolutely rammo if the Italian contingent decides to travel abroad in large numbers this year.

But it varies from year to year. Probably not that different to end of July just maybe a different mix of people.

Oh .. and prices are likely to be as high as they get in any year but by late July many places have already hiked them so you probably won't really notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I guess I was just concerned because of the statements made it seem like beaches are mobbed and unenjoyable and clubs are significantly more expensive with people shoulder to shoulder pushing through crowds and such (that alone can really kill an experience). I understand it will be crowded during peak season, but articles on spotlight recommended avoiding August all together so I just got nervous it would be unbearable.

Are there any other day time parties (say 2pm-5pm) that are good besides Bora Bora? I know Ushuaia tends to usually start around 5-6pm. Is Sands worth checking out?

Back