Audiojack

Thspence_uk

***ANNOUNCEMENT***

Ibiza has some of the best clubs in the world. Also some of the biggest, and most expensive…

Most of our favourite venues around the world are small intimate affairs, which create a feeling of togetherness. It’s strange how a party island like Ibiza has so few small clubs to accommodate this experience.

We’ve been quite vocal about our disdain for VIP service, €70 clubs tickets and €20 drinks. For us this goes against the ethos and spirit of the real Ibiza. And everything has got so serious and organised! We’re looking for a more primitive and relaxed nightlife experience. For us underground music is about parties, not ‘shows’, a free spirited atmosphere, space to dance, the freedom to come and go as you like, for independent thinkers who make their own entertainment with their friends, rather than needing to be entertained.

So we’ve decided to put on our own shindig… a house party, a hangout, starting this Sunday. An alternative to the super clubs. A relaxed fun vibe, a bit crazy and unorganised, guest DJs playing unannounced, some back to backs, basically a house party where everyone is invited. The first event is July 5th then July 19th, August 2nd, August 16th and so on. All parties are free entry, with reasonably priced drinks at around €5.

For us, DJs are a part of the night, but not necessarily the focus, which is one reason why our line ups are unannounced. Musically you can expect everyone to dig a little deeper into their collections, in the realms of minimal, deep, and tech. Groovy dance floor action.

Veto is a great little venue, about 100 metres from Pacha. The vibe feels quite German, like those great little dark rooms in Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt etc. It also has a nice outdoor terrace where you can relax with your friends. Its open all year; the epitome of the real Ibiza.

We don’t have billboards. We don’t have flyers or teams working the beaches. It’s just us and you. smile emoticon So if this sounds like your kinda thing please feel free to share with your friends. One great thing about free entry parties is they’re non committal! Feel free to just call down for a drink and say hello, or stay with us the whole night. We’ll be there from 10-8am.

Whilst all line ups are unannounced, and no set times are planned, on this special opening party you can expect us to be on the decks for a good few hours, maybe more, who knows. smile emoticon

Hope to see ya there. Audiojack x
https://www.facebook.com/audiojackmusic/posts/10152971159641009?fref=nf&pnref=story
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this has been posted elsewhere then mods/admin please delete .

Saw this on FB the other day. Fair play, far too many people squeezing every last penny out of people who just want to have a good time. Problem is there are more than enough idiots (myself included) who will carry on spending ridiculous amounts of cash on the big club nights despite knowing it's just fuelling the problem.

Yeah Jack it is mainly us Brits that fuel the price hikes. It is why we have the most expensive festivals in the world because we will pay £'s or euros to go to gig/night/event. My own "fight back" in Ibiza is to make sure I don't go to Ocean Beach, Ushuaia or any night David Guetta is playing. They are doing very well without my cash but they are just not for me.

However, I do pay the extra 20 euros for Cream not because it is "VIP" because I do like the balcony area looking down on the younger people of today having the times of there lives while I give it that odd dance move (more like a plod nowadays) and few fist pumps as a anthem gets played.

I think it's a question of balance. When I see people going out for a week and doing a big club every single night, I think it's a great shame because decent enough as some of the nights you have in there are it's very much a commercial product you're consuming with little infusion of real life. And you can wind up missing out on some really good stuff.

Yeah I've never been to Ocean Beach, no desire to. I won't go to Ushuaia again, been disappointed the 2 times I've been, and Pacha giving up half of its space to 'VIP' and the ridiculous drinks prices keeps me away.

I go to Amnesia and Space and pay the pay through the nose but it's usually worth it! DC10 and Sankeys are more reasonable, but DC10 especially take the piss with overselling and overcrowding.

Back