Are there any nights left that play real TECHNO?

beatpusher

Where can I find some hard, fast danceable techno? I was told Meganite, but I just discovered that they stopped doing Ibiza, which is a shame.

Please don't tell me its all Cocoon-style "techno" now.

I think you would have found Meganite reasonably similar to Cocoon musically, maybe slightly harder but not much. Some of the hardest techno can probably be found in the Space Discoteca late on during we love, depending who's playing of course, but the kind of stuff i imagine you mean (Dave Clarke, The Liberators etc?) is few and far between in Ibiza

Maybe some of the DJs at Kehakuma at Space, Wednesdays?
Or Alchemy at Space on Thursdays. That's Mauro Picotto's (Meganite) new gig.

Maybe if Cristian Varela plays for Carl Cox???

YES! THIS is what I'm talking about!

When coxy has had Varela on as his guest, these have been some of my favourite nights!

Varela is one of the only really 'proper' techno DJs these days in my opinion.

I still can't understand how proper techno is no longer played. the minimal-tech-house stuff can be great sometimes, but there is a time and place for everything. and when its time to really party and get lost in the music, well, that stuff simply doesn't cut it. Its barely danceable. It usually builds up to very little if anything at all.

There must be at least one night or one club that differentiates itself by playing the harder stuff.

I met Chris Liberator at a bonfire night BBQ last year (had no idea what he looked like until someone introduced us!) The sound he played with billy nasty, gayle san, dave clarke etc in the 90s was not always to my tastes but infinitely preferable to the music played by adam beyer and (modern) richie hawtin which I find zzzzz

Am in no way an expert but I do occasionally need to scratch that techno itch. I seriously miss Colin Dale's "abstract dance" KISS FM show which was class. If anyone has any old tape recordings to share, please let me know!

for discussions on techno with warmth and feeling, I would urge anyone to check out this forum

http://www.littledetroit.net/Home/index.php.

This site/podcast is excellent too, as are their parties

http://www.bleep43.com/

classic labels: underground resistance, transmatt, kms, planet E, tresor, warp, f communications (garnier's been quiet of late though :confused:)

as for Carl Cox - not followed him at all for about 10 years, I think since he released the latin theme which I loved at the time, but lost interest thereafter.

A lot of the music I've described above is not really associated with Ibiza and it's only your Jaguars or Blackwaters which I guess will ever cross over, but if anyone hears of any related nights happening 19-26 July, do let me know, ta :)

Derrick May and Jeff Mills @ Space 25 July, job done. Mills is bang on form at the moment if his set at Fabric recently is anything to go by.

YES! THIS is what I'm talking about!

When coxy has had Varela on as his guest, these have been some of my favourite nights!

Varela is one of the only really 'proper' techno DJs these days in my opinion.

Varela is doing 2 nights in june of

Cristian Varela & Friends

and it seems that Picottos Alchemy night will be starting in space on thursdays

Back