April 17th - 29th

James24785

The Mrs and I will be in San Antonio between these dates. Second time we've been at this time of year, but last time was only for a few nights. This time we'll be looking to get about the island a bit more, and seeing more of Ibiza.

I know it's a quiet time of year, but does anyone know of any events/parties that are on while we're there?

I've seen that the Ibiza festival is on, so that may be worth checking out.

Ideally, I want to sit on a beach getting drunk, whilst a DJ blasts some chilled out music in the background lol

Is there any buses running from the airport to San Antonio at this time of year? If so we'll jump on a bus rather than pay for a taxi. Yes, I'm tight lol

ok so the direct bus services (airport - san antonio) only run from 1st june onwards. but if you're really tight and have time, you can take the bus to ibiza town and then change over and take the one to san antonio from there.

in the dates you're there it starts to get lively. ocean beach has its soft opening the day before you leave (free entry) and pacha has a few good nights on, seth troxler on 21st april and loco dice on 28th. sankeys is open on saturdays.

https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

as for 'sit on a beach getting drunk plus chillout music', head to sa trinxa on salinas beach. not sure on the date it opens, but I think it will be open by then.

ok so the direct bus services (airport - san antonio) only run from 1st june onwards. but if you're really tight and have time, you can take the bus to ibiza town and then change over and take the one to san antonio from there.

in the dates you're there it starts to get lively. ocean beach has its soft opening the day before you leave (free entry) and pacha has a few good nights on, seth troxler on 21st april and loco dice on 28th. sankeys is open on saturdays.

https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

as for 'sit on a beach getting drunk plus chillout music', head to sa trinxa on salinas beach. not sure on the date it opens, but I think it will be open by then.
Thanks mate, I'm not quite that tight so taxi it is :)

Is sa trinxa usually Sundays? Think I've read it on here somewhere. Also, where is Salinas beach?

I've got to get a bit of planning done as I don't want to miss things

sa trinxa is open every day. salinas is south of the airport so rather far from san an, but in april it's still beautiful there.

cala bassa is closer to san an and wonderful too early in the season

Just a thought, but car hire isn't too pricey that time of year, and if you factor in the money you'd save on 2 taxi runs to the airport plus the freedom it gives you to explore the island while its nice and quiet, might be an idea?

Just a thought, but car hire isn't too pricey that time of year, and if you factor in the money you'd save on 2 taxi runs to the airport plus the freedom it gives you to explore the island while its nice and quiet, might be an idea?
I drink way too much to make hiring a car a sensible option haha!

If I can get it really cheap then I may look into it, but I know it'd just end up parked up and unused for nearly two weeks as I'll be constantly bamboozled

Bloody hell, I've just checked prices and getting quotes of ~£50 for the full duration of our stay, which is about £4 a day!
That's silly cheap!

Just check the terms and who is renting you the car. Pays to do a bit of research, cheapest isn't always the best. Some cowboys out there!

I totally get what your saying though, have done it myself, but having a car there gives you so much more options, benirras, es vedra, salinas, driving around wee caminos in the north, hippy markets at las dalias an sant joan, finding amazing beaches, goin out for lunch in santa gertrudis and es cubells. Can always ditch the car and meander back across the island the following day to pick it up if you fancy a swally.

Currently sat in a premier Inn pub at the end of the runway at Manchester airport. This time tomorrow :)

Oh how I've missed you, Ibiza!

Back