Anyone reading a book?

I've read all The Thursday Murder Squad books by Richard Osman now. Warm and light, they are a nice holiday read.

The Harold Heath book is very good (proper lol at times). Just been reading jesse saunders “house music the real story” from 2007. Had no idea what a shyster Pete Tong is..
What's with the Tong bit? I have a vague recollection....

I've read all The Thursday Murder Squad books by Richard Osman now. Warm and light, they are a nice holiday read.
Read them as well. I like how he keeps the chapters short which in turn keeps you turning the pages and keeps a decent pace up despite them essentially being about a bunch of nosey old farts!

Reading the Game of Thrones books at the moment. Much the same as the series but with snippets of background information which gives you a much clearer idea of what makes the characters tick.

Also been reading some Damien Lewis books (not that one :) ). His historical books about the Special Operations Executive and daring commando raids and early SAS missions make for superb reading. I also recommend his Operation Certain Death (yeah, I know) about a unit of Irish Rangers captured and held in the jungles of Sierra Leone and the mission to save them. Finally, I'd recommend Churchill's Department of Ungentlemanly Warfare, a much deeper look into the origins of the Special Operations Executive, it's successes, it's failures and how Churchill kept encouraging them and batting aside the objections of senior army officers and War Department people in a quest to find any edge over the Nazi war machine.

What's with the Tong bit? I have a vague recollection....

Tong licensed ‘Love Don’t Turn Around’ and it blew up in the UK but Saunders got nothing from it.. refers to him as the British Larry Sherman. Ouch. (For those who don’t know him, Sherman was the guy at TRAX Records in Chicago who ripped off all the house pioneers!)

One for Beatles fans, the new Mal Evans book just arrived. Amazing story - from Liverpool doorman to jetsetting roadie to LAPD homicide statistic

Just got the first edition of "The life and death of a spanish town from 1937" (about Sta.Eulalia ) for 42 euro + shipping, from Sweden. It's signed by Elliot Paul the writer in Aug. 1937 didn't see that while booking it. Seen it on the internet 1937 edition signed, for 200 usd + shipping and import tax from US.Not bad....

Last edited:
Well i visited cala llonga ibiza in september and as i was walking round the beach i saw different people reading kindles.
So i got a kindle on amazon and have since read 6 books on the ufo conspiracy and abductions.
The great book im reading now is ross coulthart in plain sight.
You know what these ufos and aliens are for real from what ive read.

https://amzn.eu/13TD7AL

Blunt is very good on Twitter/X (Twix?) - it's odd how none of that wit comes out in the music. He keeps his different personas very separate.

The book is entertaining enough. Though if I'm honest, the entitlement that he was born into, which is obvious in the book, yet never directly addressed, takes the sheen off his twitticism a bit. Hard to think of him as just a funny guy once you've read about him agreeing to sell his house to Boris Johnson at a party. There's also a mate in Ibiza he tells of, who if it is who I think it is, no decent person would associate with.

For much needed comfort reading I started my favourite fiction series again recently. Currently on
IMG_0844.png
Mixed up with chapters of this. Interesting look at the GDR with viewpoints not often seen in ‘Western’ opinions I’ve heard or read.
IMG_0845.png

Finished this recently, great read and look into a pocket of history full of tragedy.

Looks like an excellent book but I’d have to be in a strong frame of mind to read it.

Finished this recently, great read and look into a pocket of history full of tragedy.

The level of detail and research is extraordinary. TV adaptation in the works by all accounts.

Back