anyone gng to work in playa d bossa 2012?

Kerri88

hey

i am going to ibiza on my own next year as all of my mates have other commitments , i would prefer to live and work in playa d bossa , anyone else planning on dng the same ? looking for ppl to go with in the same boat ?

if all else fail i still like san antonio tho :)

xx

hi,yea im looking to go to ibiza to work next season..im looking at ibiza town or playa d bossa to stay...but i would stay in san antonio aswell when are u thinking of goin over? hope to hear from u soon. Ben x

Hi Kerri,

I'm hoping to go to PDB next summer too, hopefully find a dj job for the summer.
Good luck with the search.

x

Hey! I wanna live/work/play in PDB too! Much better than SA, but it seems its a lot easier to get a job in SA, especially if you dont speak Sanish.. Thinking of learning it a bit before April! But like you said, it doesnt really matter where you live as long as its there!!

You gonna get there and go to one of those recruitment days? Whats your plan for getting a job?

All very exciting!!

I worked in Ibiza Town and lived in Playa D'en Bossa summer just gone, if you have any questions just ask

I worked in Ibiza Town and lived in Playa D'en Bossa summer just gone, if you have any questions just ask

what did you do out there? And did you sort out accommodation before you left?

I worked in an office believe it or not and my flatmate at the time got a job as a waitress in a hotel. We had not sorted out accom. We just booked a couple of weeks in a hotel whilst we looked for accom and a job. Got out there end of april. Got accom in 1st week in May and started my job end of May. So make sure you have enough money for at least TWO months as my first pay wasn't until end of June. Also you tend to spend more money when you are not working and looking for work than when you start work - then you don't have time to spend money. What I would say is don't panic that you won't find anything. You WILL find a place to live and you WILL find a job. I was getting stressed about work but all of a sudden I had 4 job offers at once. So you can almost pick where you wanna work!

I worked in an office believe it or not and my flatmate at the time got a job as a waitress in a hotel. We had not sorted out accom. We just booked a couple of weeks in a hotel whilst we looked for accom and a job. Got out there end of april. Got accom in 1st week in May and started my job end of May. So make sure you have enough money for at least TWO months as my first pay wasn't until end of June. Also you tend to spend more money when you are not working and looking for work than when you start work - then you don't have time to spend money. What I would say is don't panic that you won't find anything. You WILL find a place to live and you WILL find a job. I was getting stressed about work but all of a sudden I had 4 job offers at once. So you can almost pick where you wanna work!

nice one, cheers. Did you have one of those NIE cards?

Yeah you do need an NIE and living in the Town or Bossa you are so much closer to the police station. It's a different process to what I read on the thread on this site. You need to sort it out as soon as you get there though! You can go to the Police Station at any time in the morning (even after it opens) and pick up your 2 forms and an appointment card with a date and time on. Get someone who can translate for you to help you fill the 2 forms in. Get one stamped at the bank and pay your 10 euros into any bank and get them both photocopied. Then you just go back to the Police Station on the time and day on your appointment and they will sort it all out for you - the Police don't speak a word of English and gave me the impression they hate everyone! Like i say you need to get your appointment ASAP cause i went to get my forms in May and my appointment wasnt until June. Some people I spoke to didn't have their appointments till September! Luckily I managed to get my NIE number just before my wages were due as my employers needed the number, so got it just in time! I would say this is one of the first things you need to do when you get there

Yeah you do need an NIE and living in the Town or Bossa you are so much closer to the police station. It's a different process to what I read on the thread on this site. You need to sort it out as soon as you get there though! You can go to the Police Station at any time in the morning (even after it opens) and pick up your 2 forms and an appointment card with a date and time on. Get someone who can translate for you to help you fill the 2 forms in. Get one stamped at the bank and pay your 10 euros into any bank and get them both photocopied. Then you just go back to the Police Station on the time and day on your appointment and they will sort it all out for you - the Police don't speak a word of English and gave me the impression they hate everyone! Like i say you need to get your appointment ASAP cause i went to get my forms in May and my appointment wasnt until June. Some people I spoke to didn't have their appointments till September! Luckily I managed to get my NIE number just before my wages were due as my employers needed the number, so got it just in time! I would say this is one of the first things you need to do when you get there

bloody hell, that sounds very complicated :/ how much is the NIE card thing?

Well you just pay your 10 euros into the bank and that's it. Yeah they don't like to make it easy for you. But it's because so many people are after them that they make it difficult!

Well you just pay your 10 euros into the bank and that's it. Yeah they don't like to make it easy for you. But it's because so many people are after them that they make it difficult!

Plus i don't speak any Spanish, apart from about 2 lines ha ha, there has to be an easier way, i think i can download the form from the internet, so can possibly fill it in beforehand, i dunno!

didnt realise some people had wrote back to me :) i checked it at the start but kinda gave up lol

add me on fbook if you are going , its Kerri Buggy

Im the only one theyre with that name ha !
x

Back