Anyone been to frankfurt or manheim?

OllieNotts

After the fiasco of booking next week in Ibiza and not being able to go(massive mardy) me and the Mrs have decided to go to sven's 50th in manheim.
I've booked a hotel in Frankfurt as that is the nearest airport and it seems a nice place. The footy team are at home to Stuttgart that day so hoping to tie that in before we get a train to manheim.
Anyone been? Anywhere not to miss? I see they've an ice bar which the Mrs wants to go to, hoping there's some techno to be had locally on the Friday when we arrive.

robert johnson is a cool small club in offenbach, very close to frankfurt. maybe there's something on while you're there

Went to Time Warp Mannheim earlier this year, and it blew me away. Hands down the single best event I've been to bar none. Blew everything else out of the water.

I guess Sven's b'day won't be to that scale, but willing to bet it'll still be top drawer. Was looking at going myself, but funds dictate otherwise :(

Sure you'll have a great time!

I think that's the venue he's playing at, exciting :D
Is there anything around the venue to see or places to drink/eat?

I think that's the venue he's playing at, exciting :D
Is there anything around the venue to see or places to drink/eat?

Yeah, it's the same venue.

My advice would be to stay in Frankfurt as late as possible. Didn't really get an opportunity to explore Mannheim much, but my impression is there wasn't a great deal of bars in comparison to Frankfurt. Perhaps other, much more in-the-know spotlighters could comment on this.

However, as you walk out of the train station at Mannheim Main there is a "strip" of hotels, restaurants and bars. Was lively enough pre-Time Warp. Fairly price, though.

Taxi rank is right next to station. Between €8 - €12 cab fare to the venue.

Last edited:
Nice one, an planning a train there in the evening then first train back in the morning.
How much were drinks in the venue? Was it easy to source 'extras' if the mood takes?

Easy enough, but try to stock-up prior to entry.

My single criticism of Time Warp was the most bizarre, confusing and unnecessarily complex token system they used for the bars.

If memory serves me correct, the equivalent in tokens of €5 for a beer, €3 for water, €8 spirit & mixer.

But... you need to give an additional 2 token "deposit" on your first trip to the bar. And... if you don't return your empty cup/btl to the bar on your next purchase, you must again forfeit an extra 2 tokens. Try getting your head around that when you're mangled! We struggled!

:D
Sounds good, I'll try to source sweets before going in so I'm on a nice level as I go in. Like to feel the waves of goodness as I start to take in the music.

Oh, and make sure you have cash prior to entering - and plenty of it! One cash point, x many 1000s of ppl and not a single member of staff manning the queue to use the cash point. Was an absolute free-for-all. Lost about 2 hours queuing for that bloody thing!

Mannheim isn't worth any visit beside the venue, so stet in Frankfurt as long as possible that night :) No cool bars or sty like that. There is nice smaller nightclub, "The Loft" where they usually hold a time warp pre party. So there will be a usual club night also.
When it comes to drink prices and the atm white_isle_calling is correct I think.
The token system is not that confusing, just another currency if you want.
In the venue mostly italians sell sweets, but as mentioned, get your goods before entering

Yes but pay attention because at mannheim train station sometimes there's police...

Friday night it's all about robert...made a 12hrs marathon with ricardo and luciano there and it was outstanding

Taxi from frankfurt to robert 3years ago was 15€ one way...if u want there's the tube from central station

Decent nightclub called Gibson in the city centre, Ministry of Sound and Hed Kandi host events there, Nic Fancuilli played when I visited. Other than clubs, go to the top of Main Tower only about a tenner, for great views of the city and the square in Romer is a nice place to visit.

Hi everyone, long time visitor to the forum!

Just a quick question - I have booked a trip to frankfurt just before xmas with the girlfriend and Im looking for bars that play decent music (house,techno). The chances of me going clubbing with her are very slim! (was hoping for Robert Johnson) but never mind. If any one knows of any that would be great! tanzhaus-west is very close to our hotel so we could possibly "pop in" there for a couple!

Any suggestions would be great!

Cheers

Hi everyone, long time visitor to the forum!

Just a quick question - I have booked a trip to frankfurt just before xmas with the girlfriend and Im looking for bars that play decent music (house,techno). The chances of me going clubbing with her are very slim! (was hoping for Robert Johnson) but never mind. If any one knows of any that would be great! tanzhaus-west is very close to our hotel so we could possibly "pop in" there for a couple!

Any suggestions would be great!

Cheers

Freitag, 11. Dezember: Adan Twins und SKAI
Samstag, 12. Dezember: Kruse & Nuernberg, PEREL und Sidney

Freitag, 18. Dezember: Claptone und The Saint
Samstag, 19. Dezember: Robosonic und SKAI

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember: Monkey Safari, SKAI und Sidney Spät

Dreizehn X, City, Seilerstraße 34,

https://www.facebook.com/dreizehnXpopupclub/?fref=nf

Back