Anyone been to Antigua?

xxVic-zeexx

Looks like this place is a strong contender for my 2 week holiday stint this year...

No one put me off with negative reviews though :lol: i just wana hear all the good things about this place seeing i am just about to book it lol :D

Looks like this place is a strong contender for my 2 week holiday stint this year...

No one put me off with negative reviews though :lol: i just wana hear all the good things about this place seeing i am just about to book it lol :D

Yes it's a very nice place to go for hols, Vic. Fantastic beaches especially. It's a bit "scrubby" so not a full-on lush tropical Caribbean island like you get futher South but if you're in to sailing / watersports it's heaven. It's not tiny but it's not huge either.

Personally, I find 2 weeks on any smaller Caribbean island too long without an activity focus and goal (like a diving or kitesurf course or something like that in one of the weeks for example) - much prefer 2-centre holidays with a max week in each place ... but they're not so easy to get as packages so you get much more choice if you book your flights and hotels separately. It doesn't always work out much more if you get a good deal on the flights.

Antigua has good air links to loads of nearby islands so I guess if you wanted to do a day trip somewhere else and had a hotel not so far from the airport that would break things up a bit.

Its all booked :) i have had a little gander of things to do and like you say there isnt masses, but wel probs do a few trips a week like i usually do - just to break up the time where i lay on the beach and do nothing but drink cocktails - which i love btw. I work hard throughout the year and dont relax alot so this is my little bit of naughty so to speak haha

where i lay on the beach and do nothing but drink cocktails - which i love btw.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with that :).... and you'll have no shortage of wonderful beaches on which to do it. I'm absolutely certain you'll have a fantastic time - and it's a direct flight from UK (only about 8 hours I think) which means you're not completely on the floor by the time you get home afterwards either. Enjoy :twisted:

You say that though and i was okish with jet lag from Thailand, but MEXICO - jeeeeez that was messed up jet lag big time, but i suppose what didnt help was the massice 36 hour delay :s

Back