Any recomendations for an eaterie Puerto de San Miguel, San Miguel or San Rafael?

fatphilb

Hi

Planning on spending a day at Benniras, followed by a night throwing shapes at underground on the upcoming trip, so looking for a recomendation for somewhere to stop for a munch on back from Benirras.

Any recomendations for reasonably priced (preferably typically Ibicenco) fare?

I have in my head a chilled out family-run type of place where you don't get rushed and can sit and quaff a few ales with the grub.

Cheers!

Here are 3.

Es Caliu, Cami De Balifia (fantastic meat cooked over almond and carbo wood) and Es Pins a really local stop with excellent value prices.

The are all located on the San Joan road to Ibiza town near Bambuddah Grove and Aura.

for cami de balafia (which is indeed a great choice!) a reservation is always recommended, although in late september things are much quieter again.

another place i like a lot for a good steak is can pilot right in the middle of san rafael! maybe a bit more expensive than the previously mentioned places, but deffo worth giving a try.

ah, and another one i love for an ibicenco countryside dining thing is cas pages near san carlos! great stuff and really cheap!

As Nostrum says making a reservation is considered good manners as they usually give the better tables to reserved customers. Showing up at the door is ok but dont expect the best table.

Es Pins would not need a reservation and Cami De Balifa will be good to walk into in September. I would book for Es Caliu which is the more formal of the 3.

In Port De San Miguel restaurant Balansant does a mean fish stew which is very popular with the locals but its not cheap there. Homemade cooking and its baked alaska for desert is worth a visit.

Another popular restaurant in that area is La Paloma in San Lorenzo another very popular local haunt. But you are spoilt for choice up that way.......

Back