Another sodding fire....

I-Spy

This time between Roca Llisa and Cala Llonga....started this afternoon (Sunday) and looks pretty much out of control tonight.
What is going on with so many fires lately?
Are people so stupid/careless !!

297476_2362188810614_1127157032_32866507_289877247_n.jpg

It's really sad. The hot and dry September probably hasn't helped matters. Really hope they get that one under control soon.

This picture is taken from in front of a piece of land I had....I sold it last year. The view is going to be somewhat different today.
Really sad of this kind of destruction.

2011-09-19_IMG_2011-09-19_01:01:25_libz003lo001-3.jpg

These fires are dreadful. We had one a couple of weeks ago that spread from Mijas to Marbella (Elviria), over 300 people were evacuated and many homes burnt to the ground, including a finca of a friend of mine. So sad.

I hope this makes people realise that they must not through cigarette buds out the cars!!! Or leave glass about!!!

Especially this time of year.

Here is a video of that fire, taken in Calahonda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5HN7TjgoQ&sns=fb

:cry:
I was just at the beach in Cala Llonga yesterday.
Drove back via Roca Lisa around 4:30 but didn't see anything.
Heard something today about a fire but didn't realize how big it is. Sad to see the flames right up at people's houses in that video :(

frightening
Even worse when your back in the UK and there is nothing you can do. My house is far enough away from it to be safe (just over a mile away) but I would so rather be there on guard, I only hope others didn't loose too much. Stuff like this is devastating.
The areas that has burnt make up part of my view from my terrace so that will have changed, when I go back in a few weeks I will see it, it's not something to look forward to.

Back