Annual Pilgrimage Sept 24 to 29

goodtimes

We've finally booked the annual trip for Sept 24th to 29th. A bit gutted that we couldn't make Amnesia Closing but that's another story. I have a couple of itinery questions for the Forum sages, hope you don't mind.

I'm far too old to do the full Zoo project/WLS closing/DC10/Cocoon Closing hit, and for health/sanity reasons can realistically only perm 2 from 4, so..... which 2 would you choose?

Will there be a Zoo project on 25th? What will WLS closing be like? Is it a full car park affair or will it be smaller scale? And will it be worth it given the negative WLS vibes there have been this year? (I seem to recall the Space/WLS closing was combined last year, so cant really remember what the setup is for WLS closing)

Of course I know that as soon as I get there any previous plan is likely to go straight out of the window anyway, but I do enjoy the planning process. Questions, questions , questions...

Thanks in anticipation......

I asked in another thread and was told there's no plan (at the moment) for a special Zoo party after the closing. So you can strike that from your list!

WLS closing doesn't involve the car park. Just the club, but with all rooms of the club open. I'm looking forward to it - Funkagenda on the terrace especially.

Can you make 3? Do WLS, DC10 and Cocoon :twisted:

I'll be out there the same time so maybe see you around.

i'm over at the same time and planning exactly the same. however morbs on fakebook the zoo project is saying the closing is possibly going to be on the 25th. last year they had the 'closing' and then had 2 more? events after. seriously hope there will be one on the 25th! will be some marathon if it is on, Zoo,WLS Closing,DC10 an then cocoon. if someone can get in touch with milou she had the info last year :D

Ill be there too!!! 23-27th!!!!
:p:p:p
Really?? Very cool!

Dantboy - Yes, I know. I went to the closing last year and then was surprised when they kept going. I figured there had to be some late Sept. parties this year (even penciled it into my party plans) but then I asked their promoter Lili Marleen and she said nothing doing :( (http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=66750&page=2). I'll be glad if she was just being coy :) That Facebook post does seem to leave the question open!

We're there 18th-28th. Plan is Cadenza at Cocoon on 19th, CircoLoco on 20th and maybe Carl Cox & Kehakuma. Then Zoo Proj 25th (if on), Maybe Cadenza on 26th (which was the closing but not now) and Cocoon Closing on 27th.

I'm far too old to do the full Zoo project/WLS closing/DC10/Cocoon Closing hit, and for health/sanity reasons can realistically only perm 2 from 4, so..... which 2 would you choose?

I plan to do 3 of the above and Amnesia closing and am pretty sure I am older than you (and my cohorts too) ! Joking aside, as Morbyd says, why don't you try and do WLS/DC10 and Cocoon ? I am sure you won't regret it...

Cheers guys great advice as always. There is only 2 of us on the trip this time (me and the missus) so I'm a bit more concerned about her inclination for a "triple header" to be honest.
My age and sanity concerns will dissipate instantly upon landing and I'll be spending considerable effort trying to convince her of the merits of a triple header. Hope to bump into you all at some point, as I may need some help to do this.

My missus and I have come to an understanding that I want to go to more parties than she does, so she goes to about every other event that I attend, and does not complain.

Here's the secret: take her out for a nice meal before you go partying. Also, agree to get up early enough (i.e. noon-ish) to go with her to the beach (leaving out that part about your "beach time" involving being in a catatonic state on a sun lounger). Works a charm.

That's the way, regroup for food and beach time! My man and I party together or with friends mostly, but I will quite often go to something without him or vice versa, depending on mood, levels of fatigue etc.

Hi Morbyd,etc hope your good, rarely post on here anymore,still the same no doubt :lol:

I'll be there 14 > 21 Sep, only nite ive definitely planned so far is Defected In The House @ Pacha on Sat 18th,undecided where else to go as of yet maybe go to Warung closing party @ Privlege, but it'll be more of a chill out holiday this time and not loads of clubbing involved as per previous visits.:)

Cheers Morbs/HDR - I'm liking your style. Any tips on how to deal with the "is it time to go home?" conundrum too ?(i.e. when you are already out together). In my rich and varied going out career, it remains a puzzle I've been unable to solve. A puzzle that becomes even more magnified in Ibiza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep telling her you'll leave in half an hour, all the while buying her more beverages. The hope is she loses track of time and/or passes out on some seating area. In the latter case, just dance nearby and keep an eye on her :lol:

Keep telling her you'll leave in half an hour, all the while buying her more beverages. The hope is she loses track of time and/or passes out on some seating area. In the latter case, just dance nearby and keep an eye on her :lol:
I would like to clarify that this post was made in jest and I apologize to anyone who may or may not have taken offense at this suggestion.

If your missus wants to go home, your best course of action is to bow to her wishes.

Thank you for your understanding.

I would like to clarify that this post was made in jest and I apologize to anyone who may or may not have taken offense at this suggestion.

If your missus wants to go home, your best course of action is to bow to her wishes.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your missus must be reading this:lol:

Greetings all,

I'll be there from the 24th September - 2nd October, with raptorjones.

There's a few of us meeting up on the saturday at 1.30pm at Bora Bora, then going to Mambo's at 7pm for Defecteds warm up, before moving on to Pacha for Defecteds closing party, come and say hello.

Also i do believe we're all going to We Love at Space on the sunday too....

Back