'An Afternoon of Wine Tasting in the Countryside', Monday 11th March, Ca n'Arabi

McRackin

Super Moderator
cid13e5897e345e4ae3874f.png

presents

‘An Afternoon of Wine Tasting in the Countryside'

The mini wine fair will feature the vintners and winemakers
Coca i Fito,
Corona de Aragón, Beso del Vino and Viñedos Singulares

New York Times reviews Coca i Fito in a recent article on the
changing nature of the Spanish wine market and the DO Montsant region

The event takes place in the rural hotel, Ca n'Arabi on Monday March 11[SUP]th[/SUP], 4pm-8pm

(6th March 2013/FIX/Ibiza): What could possibly beat a lovely afternoon in the Ibiza countryside except a lovely afternoon of Wine Tasting in the Ibiza Countryside?! Next Monday, 11th March and that's exactly what will be occurring in the rural hideaway hotel of Ca n'Arabi, when local wine merchants / sommeliers, WINELIST, have the pleasure of hosting an afternoon of fine wines from three of Spain's finest vineyards. Amongst the selection, Corona de Aragón and Beso del Vino, Viñedos Singulares and Coca i Fitó, as well as references from Cavas Durán, Joaquín Rebolledo, Valserrano or Val Magrigal, amongst others.

This is set to be no run of the mill tasting, mind you. It will be the first time an event of these characteristics has been hosted in a setting such as the rural hotel in Puig den Valls, with such a selection of owners and winemakers, all of whose wines are distributed exclusively on the island of Ibiza by Winelist, a company that was founded in 2012 with the objective of providing modern references; original and special wines and all at reasonable prices.

An Afternoon of Wine Tasting in the Countryside will take place between between 4-8pm at Ca n'Arabi with key guests including Miquel Coca i Fito (owner of Coca i Fito), Luis Barrero (owner of Viñedos Singulares) and Manuel Castillo (commercial distributor of Grandes Vinos y Viñedos and Beso del Vino). A number of the island's restauranteurs and hoteliers have also been invited to attend and should expect a ‘presentation of fine wines from family-run wineyards'.

"We will present a selection of wines from family wineries, each prepared with great care and dedication, typical of the wineyard and its family traditions. The flavours in these wines express the very character of the land from which they came," says Elena Miragall, Winelist owner and manager of this particular initiative.

To follow, a brief guide to the wineyards being represented at this, the first Wine Tasting Afternoon in the Countryside.

Coca i Fitó

Miquel Coca i Fitó, together with his brother, Toni, hails from Alt Penedés. Sons of farmers and reared amongst the vines, it was in 2006 that they decided to initiate the development of unique wines of DO Montsant, under the n of Coca i Fito.

By that time, Toni Coca already had a long history of winemaking as technical director and consultant on a number of small family wineries in different areas of Catalonia. His entire career and training has been dedicated to the world of wine. Miquel Coca, meanwhile, trained as a chef and in foreign trading and is dedicated to the image and marketing of the winery.

The brothers currently export 70% of their production to 25 countries in America, Europe, Asia and Oceania.

The original idea behind this project was rooted in the the desire of both siblings to produce their own unique wines with which to convey new experiences, reminiscent of their origins. These are quality wines that identify with their environment, feminine and well-structured.

On February 25th, under the title 'Spanish Reds emerge from the shadows', The New York Times described the DO Montsant region as a ‘discovery' and an ‘example of the transformation of the wine business in Spain'. Coca i Fito's was one of the 10 wines tasted for the article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/27/dining/reviews/spanish-reds-that-emerge-from-the-shadows.html?pagewanted=all

Taste these! Jaspi Negre, Jaspi Maragda, Coca i Fitó Rosa, Jaspi Blanc…

Viñedos Singulares

The brainchild of brothers Luis and Carlos Barrero, this company promotes, the indigenous varieties of each territory, exposing the rich wine-country origins in the process. The company is widespread with quality vineyards and vintage wines in Rias Baixas, Miño, Rueda, Segovia, Bierzo, Rioja and Ribera del Duero.

Taste these! Afortunado, Jardín Rojo, Luna Creciente, El Corral del Obispo and Entrelobos.

Grandes Vinos y Viñedos and Beso del Vino

A collection of great wines from vineyards which according to Robert Parker, "are full of impressive values​​". As the largest denominated winery from the Cariñena region and and Aragón, their success is due totheir an innovative and quality strategy as well as a deep commitment to their surroundings and the environment. Wines full of character, typical of the area, Corona de Aragón Old Vine Garnacha amongst them. To tell us all about it, the company's commercial director, Manel Castillo.

An Afternoon of Wine Tasting in the Ibiza Countryside:
Date: Monday 11th March, 2013 4pm-8pm

At: Agroturismo Ca n'Arabi, Puig den Valls

piscina20can20arabi.jpg

WineList
: The Lowdown: Wines and Tastings.

Restaurant Service (customized wine menus, staff training, client tastings , professional menu printing…) and individuals (wine club, sales, courses, tastings and events, business gifts ...)

Elena Miragall is a graduate in Business Administration and Management and has been a professional Sommelier since 2007. She was the owner of one of the first wine bars to grace Calle Enrique Granados in Barcelona – a very popular bar that went by the name of ‘Smooth'.

More Information: 
FB:
www.facebook.com/winelistibiza

*PLEASE CONFIRM ASSISTANCE!!! THIS IS A PRIVATE EVENT...

winelistinvitacion11mar.jpg

a wine tasting hosted by winelist in a beautiful agroturismo i've never been before? yes please!

what an enjoyable afternoon. mmm, i'm in love with the albariño luna creciente...

Copia+de+13-03-11+004.jpg

Copia+de+13-03-11+011.jpg

Copia+de+13-03-11+014.jpg

Copia+de+13-03-11+006.jpg

Copia+de+13-03-11+021.jpg

♥♥♥

Back