Amsterdamn

Dirk

Has anyone been since the smoking ban kicked in at the start of July? I am led to believe you can smoke pure joints, but arent allowed tobacco?

Can anyone shed any light on how the coffee shops have been effected?

This is true - I have not been since, but have read many an article.

in a brilliant, the world has gone mad situation, they have trained 200 people to spot the smell of tobaco and issues fines as appropriate!

I believe a particular way of smoking - a vapouriser - apparantly the most chilled and least intense way of smoking has become popular in the shops - although never seen one meself.

i say get over there and find out!8)

I am there for two nights on Wednesday, will report on findings on my return :!:

hahaha not a fu**ing chance can they tell if there's tobacco in a joint or not, so smoke pure joints instead eh,seriouly wasted doing that unless your used to it, when i do smoke joints i always use tobacco.

not been to thr Dam since 2000 but am due another visit,great city.8)

hahaha not a fu**ing chance can they tell if there's tobacco in a joint or not, so smoke pure joints instead eh,seriouly wasted doing that unless your used to it, when i do smoke joints i always use tobacco.

not been to thr Dam since 2000 but am due another visit,great city.8)

Ha you wanna try Jamaica - they look at you like your stoopid - "mon!! why's you ruining your sensi with tobacco"??

never got off the complex for 2 weeks - so wasted - the only saving grace of that bloody holiday :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ha you wanna try Jamaica - they look at you like your stoopid - "mon!! why's you ruining your sensi with tobacco"??

That's what a lot of Dutch think too in fact! Pure is the way forward imo. And I'm in Amsterdam at the moment, the smoking ban is very much in force

Ive gotta go on a stag do there on 22nd Aug so will be there friday + saturday nights. Are there any decent clubs I need to look into?

There's one in Rembrandtspleijn - big square about 15 mins walk from Dam square.

Can't remember the name but went about 2 years ago and had a good night ;)

Ive gotta go on a stag do there on 22nd Aug so will be there friday + saturday nights. Are there any decent clubs I need to look into?

The best club in Amsterdam, 11, just closed down but there are good nights in Melkweg, Panama, Paradiso, Club NL, Studio 80 etc. Just make sure you check out what's happening first or you might end up in a flamenco party :lol:

The best club in Amsterdam, 11, just closed down but there are good nights in Melkweg, Panama, Paradiso, Club NL, Studio 80 etc. Just make sure you check out what's happening first or you might end up in a flamenco party :lol:

Yep, I saw Dave Clark @ Melkweg - cracking venue.

Escape, I saw PVD - as a club it is quite similar to Eden in visual & layout (I thought) - a good place, but it is on one of the main strips to you can get a few beer boys.

Whats the old church one?

Back