amsterdam.....bad news?

dantboy

hi guys, my girlfriend has booked a trip to amsterdam for my birthday. its was supposed to be a suprise but i've found out. really looking froward to going back there as it's a great little city with lots to do, including the coffee shops......now here's the bad bit, i was talking to someone about it the other day and they told me that to be able to smoke in the coffee shops you now have to be a dutch national. can anyone please shed some light on wheter this is true or not? i'm not to worried but a nice smoke in a coffe shop wouldn't go a miss. thanks in advance

My most enjoyable smoke in the Dam was at an Ajax home game.

although my fave experience there was eating some philosophers stones and crying with laughter at everyone in the hostel afterwards

AHHHHHHHHH thanks guys, was a wee bit worried. on a different path is there any decent house/ techy clubs over there. last time i went i was only 16 an didn't really go clubbing....

i was talking to someone about it the other day and they told me that to be able to smoke in the coffee shops you now have to be a dutch national.

Talking to someone yesterday who said the same thing, You have to prove you are Dutch in the coffee shops, http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/dec/18/eu_court_okays_dutch_coffee_shop
They tried to bring it in a few weeks ago to big protests, I don`t know how it stands now, but not big and clever :spank:

Have a good one
Tim

my girlfriend has a dutch family member so getting some wont really be a problem but i loved it last time i was there, sat in a shop with a big jug of lager and a nice number :D hope its ok when i'm the in feb...

Back