American Clubbing (NY/MIA/Vegas) - Some Advice

Malk

I'm travelling to America on holiday in May. NY for 5 days, Miami for 6 days and Vegas for 6 days. Looking to catch a night or two clubbing in each location and have a good idea of what clubs are decent and tend to play the type of music I'm interested in (techno/house) through checking Resident Advisor. Two questions:

1 - Are there any other sites that I can check for line-ups/nights?

2 - Are there any under the radar venues/nights that I should keep an eye out for? I prefer the smaller "rave den" type places where even the walls sweat on a night out.

Electric pickle in miami. Try find something going on in the desert when you go to Vegas as clubbing there is a joke..but who goes to Vegas for good club nights:) After NYC its all down hill..

Last edited by a moderator:
You really won't be able to find techno in Vegas. Loco Dice has a few gigs there this year and during EDC there are some events but that's about it.

Electric Pickle was shut down during the WMC for staying open too late... not sure if its reopened. Vagabond there is cool though. And the Space terrace is great.

NYC go to Output in Brooklyn for your techno fix :)

Wantickets is a good website to check for parties as they sell the most tix --> http://www.wantickets.com/?affCode=1d91c4415b6e440f8a7d

Vagabond there is cool though.

This. It's the only Miami club I wound up going to there (was a pretty short stopover !) and it was only John Digweed's involvement that got me that far. Wasn't tempted by anywhere else.

Cheers for the replys.

It's our honeymoon that we're going for and not a clubbing only holiday so as long as there's a few nights over the course of the 17 days we'll be happy. Nicole Muadaber confirmed for Cielo in NY and Ame at Electric Pickle in Miami so it's coming together not too bad. Vegas is what it is, we've been before and it was the other halfs choice to go back.

Cielo and Electric Pickle are my 2 favourite clubs in Nyc and Miami.Is it aquabooty night Ame are playing?

that's 2 great djs you cans see. i'd add take a look at Treehouse, Story on Sat nights and the Backyard Monsters parties for more underground stuff in Miami. Cielo is great in NYC.
Eric Prydz is a resident in Vegas so you may get lucky there. and Body English on occasion will bring in a more underground dj as well.

You really won't be able to find techno in Vegas. Loco Dice has a few gigs there this year and during EDC there are some events but that's about it.

Electric Pickle was shut down during the WMC for staying open too late... not sure if its reopened. Vagabond there is cool though. And the Space terrace is great.

NYC go to Output in Brooklyn for your techno fix :)

Wantickets is a good website to check for parties as they sell the most tix --> http://www.wantickets.com/?affCode=1d91c4415b6e440f8a7d

Just checked out the Output site, Marcel Dettman & Steffi playing 23rd May. Perfect.

Back