All gone Pete Tong

madwhitegiant

Radio 1 blamed for house party destruction

08316_135332_petetongpaphotsL130308.jpg

On air shout-out leads to 'a rave situation'

Radio 1 have been blamed for mass destruction at a Devon house party after DJ Pete Tong gave a shout-out to the party live on air.

The 18th birthday party, held in a Grade II listed building in Bovey Tracey, was flooded with nearly 2,000 gatecrashers after it was mentioned on the radio station.

Bouncers had been hired for the event, which was originally hosting 100 people, but they were reportedly unable to keep the revellers away, until police turned up and used dogs to disperse the gatecrashers.

The house's owner, Rebecca Brooks, told BBC News: "I blame the BBC for this. We are considering our options. It was terrifying, absolutely terrifying. The droves of people coming towards the house was frightening, it looked like we had a rock festival here.

"They left a complete mess, with broken glass everywhere and pictures off the wall and broken - it was a rave situation."

The gatecrashers continued to make havoc in the town of Bovey Tracey, including breaking shop windows.

Commenting on the affair, a BBC spokesperson said: "Pete [Tong] did not specify the name or address of the venue, but read out details of a mansion party taking place in Bovey Tracey sent in by a listener.

"He gives shout outs on his show every week, listeners are familiar with this format, and he would never knowingly give an identifiable address for a private party."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The woman was on Radio 5 this morning saying she was not going to take any legal action against the BBC. They've obviously made her an offer she can't refuse :lol:

That Newsreader is a complete slut! "Take off them glasses and appologize"...shut up love, you are not his parents seriously!!!...And the line "Get me do it for you!" classic, got me crying with laughter!

That Newsreader is a complete slut! "Take off them glasses and appologize"...shut up love, you are not his parents seriously!!!...And the line "Get me do it for you!" classic, got me crying with laughter!

And this makes her a slut how ?! I'd love to hurt that kid, too many little twats think they're in skins these days.

well his parents obviously don't know how to do it!

I agree with Polack... the kid needs a good smack!

To be fair the kid's an idiot, but the woman was to blame for getting his back up. What's it to you if he wants to wear his glasses?

ha ha... the woman wasn't to 'blame' for anything. Clearly his parents never taught him any manners, that reporter shouldn't have to,and its pathetic his parents can't do it.

It matters because the polite thing to do would have been to take them off. As if that kid has any knowldege about being polite!

OK, I agree that the kid needs some manners.
But his demeaner was in proportion to the way he was being interviewed.
In principal, what gives the right to somebody to physicaly attack him to change his image to what they think is acceptable?
It's oppression, just because of his age.
They wouldn't have tried that on a 40 year old even if they were wearing a Nazi uniform.
Those of you who feel the need to hurt someone who has a strong personality such as him are treading a very thin line.
The party he organised got out of hand. Fact.
It was inappropiate to hold it in his parents house. Fact.
But, give me this kid, any day, over some of the kids we have these days.
I'm talking any city in the UK with with wannabe gangster aspirations and a real menacing and violent attitude towards other members of society.
This kid would not rob you, carry a knife or despise you for what colour you are.
Without people who push the limits of the law in what we are legally permitted to do in that aspect, there would have been no raves, no after hours and no Ibiza as we know it today.

OK, I agree that the kid needs some manners.
But his demeaner was in proportion to the way he was being interviewed.
In principal, what gives the right to somebody to physicaly attack him to change his image to what they think is acceptable?
It's oppression, just because of his age.
They wouldn't have tried that on a 40 year old even if they were wearing a Nazi uniform.
Those of you who feel the need to hurt someone who has a strong personality such as him are treading a very thin line.
The party he organised got out of hand. Fact.
It was inappropiate to hold it in his parents house. Fact.
But, give me this kid, any day, over some of the kids we have these days.
I'm talking any city in the UK with with wannabe gangster aspirations and a real menacing and violent attitude towards other members of society.
This kid would not rob you, carry a knife or despise you for what colour you are.
Without people who push the limits of the law in what we are legally permitted to do in that aspect, there would have been no raves, no after hours and no Ibiza as we know it today.

Granted. the cnut was trying to be funny by doing it

The kid had no respect for anyone, his parents, the law, neighbours anyone. Say what you like about knive wielding chavs but it's all an issue of respect. Of which this guy has less than the average scumbag. With regards to "hurting" him, I only said like, the kid needs a slap, needs bringing down a peg or two.

By the way, the thing is massive in OZ, whatever we say about him, he has certainly got the capacity to incite debate.

Back