Alcohol??

paulb12123

Hmmm....Might be a bit thick here but wasn't sure on what the law is......What happens if i try to take a bottle of Spirits over in my hand luggage or in my suitcase? It's just i don't like the spanish version and would like to take some with me!?!?

Cheers!

paulb12123 said:
Hmmm....Might be a bit thick here but wasn't sure on what the law is......What happens if i try to take a bottle of Spirits over in my hand luggage or in my suitcase? It's just i don't like the spanish version and would like to take some with me!?!?

Cheers!

Nobody cares :)

They'd probably wonder why you were bringing overprices drink into the country but that's about it.

On a side note, I've seen most brands of vodka on sale in the big alcohol shops.

Everything

YOU CAN BUY ANYTHING IN IBIZA THAT YOU CAN BUY IN ENGLAND AND CHEAPER, ALL NAMED BRANDS ARE HERE.:lol: WE ARE QUITE CIVILISED NOW WE EVEN HAVE FLUSHING TOILETS TOO:lol:

I know that crossing borders, there's usually a limit of 2 liters per person.

That fact that you're going from EU country to EU country should, theoretically, remove that limit but there could be some limitations...

We didn't go with a tour operator (never do) but was having a flick through one of their folders in hotel reception and it still said the limit was 200 cigarettes per person back to the Uk from Spain:lol:

I think it depends where you are going bck to, but I don't think there is a limit as such on alcohol, just watch your baggage weight.

paulb12123 said:

Cheers!

Must be a part time drinker if "a" bottle will last you

What is everyone's favorite drink of choice?

I enjoy Remy Martin VSOP second would be Midelton single malt 30 year old, and I will drink vodka triple distilled or better.

What is everyone's favorite drink of choice?

I enjoy Remy Martin VSOP second would be Midelton single malt 30 year old, and I will drink vodka triple distilled or better.

Readily available then spirits-wise would have to be Remy Martin XO 1er Cru if I'm paying or Louis XIII (has the edge for sure) if someone else is paying. That said I had a 1917 cognac near Limoges on one occasion which was probably a contender for the most gorgeous thing I've ever drunk ... but it was from a private collection and I've completely forgotten the maker.

Wine-wise it's Château Petrus 1982 in red and Château d'Yquem 1986 in white (not a fan of dry whites on the whole). The older ones are way beyond my reach and even these are probably far too much for me by now :(.

But it's all academic now ... I quit drinking on 16th September !

Depends where I am. I enjoy red wine, cava or (peaty) whisky the most. That said, I no longer buy spirits for the house because I get through them too quickly. :cry: Easier to stick to a sensible number of units with beer, wine and cider.

Vodka and diet coke (or energy drink) is my going out and getting pi$$ed drink. I'm not good at packing away pints...

Of course, we should all remember alcohol is a dangerous/potentially addictive drug, more than many illegal drugs in fact. :evil:

Easier to stick to a sensible number of units with beer, wine and cider.
Units are a myth, imposed upon you by the Man to keep you down. The Masons were probably involved.

I have a fully stocked bar with almost everything - vodka, rum, cognac, whiskey, whisky, bourbon, tequila, hierbas, balzam, wine, champagne (no gin... makes me ill). Many of the bottles were gifts and much of it is the expensive stuff.

And right under the bar is my little beer fridge - which needs constant refilling because that's almost all I drink :lol:

Really depends what environment I'm in. I'm don't really have a taste for anything fancy. On a football day it's not uncommon to drink 15+ pints if we start with beer and a brekkie, as we quite often do, so that's usually cheap lager or cider. Stowford Press isn't a bad cider. If I'm only having 1 or 2 I'll quite often have fruit cider. Rekorderlig is nice but I'm not keen on the price of it in the pubs here. Was good value in Ibiza though so drank a lot of it there. Sailor Jerry's and coke is my choice if I'm on spirits. And I don't mind red wine, although I won't pretend to know very much about it.

I recently gave some thought to cutting my alcohol intake to a minimum after a couple of really heavy sessions, and some loss of memory from those nights. Problem is that it's easily said early in the week. Get to Friday and I can't wait to do it all over again!

Units are a myth, imposed upon you by the Man to keep you down. The Masons were probably involved.

Recommended units were pretty much plucked out of thin air, but there are good reasons for trying to control your alcohol intake. Last night I was reading a paper about booze's link to various throat and mouth cancer - reckon it's a factor in about 50% of them. If this was a report on any other 'legal high', alcohol would have been banned yesterday. The report which lead to the ban on MXE reads like Disney in comparison...

I have a fully stocked bar with almost everything - vodka, rum, cognac, whiskey, whisky, bourbon, tequila, hierbas, balzam, wine, champagne (no gin... makes me ill). Many of the bottles were gifts and much of it is the expensive stuff.

That says a lot about how the gift givers perceive you :)

Recommended units were pretty much plucked out of thin air, but there are good reasons for trying to control your alcohol intake. Last night I was reading a paper about booze's link to various throat and mouth cancer - reckon it's a factor in about 50% of them. If this was a report on any other 'legal high', alcohol would have been banned yesterday. The report which lead to the ban on MXE reads like Disney in comparison...
Anything that's fun is bad for you :twisted:
That says a lot about how the gift givers perceive you :)
:lol:
Either that, or just not very imaginative in picking out gifts!

I know that crossing borders, there's usually a limit of 2 liters per person.

That fact that you're going from EU country to EU country should, theoretically, remove that limit but there could be some limitations...

To the original poster, that is your answer right there. I did however hid one extra bottle of really good.. so so smooth wine when I got back. It depends on the laws of the country where you are going to arrive. Obviously you can't take a whole case but usually 2 or 3 bottles is the limit.

Back