Airport Parking - Gatwick

xxVic-zeexx

Hey Guys and Girls,

Just after some advice and recommendations really...

The bf and i are off to Cancun next month and have worked out it would be cheaper to park in a car park and leave the car for 2 weeks instead of getting a taxi...

I personally have never done it before, always got lifts or taxis so do people agree and can anyone recommend any car parks and how they work and is it best we book it now ?! etc etc

I usually use official Long Stay North or South Terminal car parks for anything over 3 days. Drive up, park, short bus ride to Terminal, massive discounts booking ahead of time and quotes from here :

https://parking.gatwickairport.com/Gatwick/Gatwick/Home.aspx

You can do various 'Meet & Greets' either on drop-off or both drop-off and return. With these, you hand over your car & keys outside the Terminal to a representative who parks your vehicle off-airport. Usually you call a number from the Arrivals Hall when you return and they bring the car either back to the Terminal, or else you get a bus to an off-site car park where you're given the location of your car and your keys back. Each company has its own system and the procedure is usually set out in the guidance when you book.

To be honest, unless I want the luxury of maybe saving 1/2 an hour on arrival (I've waited longer on return than getting the bus to the Long Stay :!: - it's hit & miss), have loads of luggage or am especially worried about taking my car keys and parking ticket on holiday and losing them (e.g. when travelling around a lot abroad) I don't usually bother with Meet & Greet.

There are also cheaper car parks but the buses are less frequent and/or they are further away from the Terminals.

Hope that helps for starters.

I used Cophall Farm Parking a few years ago and they were superb. V Good on price aswell. Dropped the car off, then got short shuttle bus ride to the terminal. On return I paid for them to meet me outside the terminal with my car which was nice, despite their cheeky driver changing my stereo to put the radio on! Guess he wasn't a fan of the CD I had in at the time! Should have realised Steps greatest hits isn't everyone cup of tea :-(.

http://www.cophallfarm.co.uk/ Have a ganderrr!

I believe you can organise them to pick your car up off of you at the airport if you want.
We drove to their car park then got on their Mini Bus with a few others which got us to the terminal in no time at all.

No idea how much it was to be honest as it was over 3 years ago now, but I am definate it was under £50 for 2 weeks. Hope that helps on your search for parking happiness! :)

I believe you can organise them to pick your car up off of you at the airport if you want.
We drove to their car park then got on their Mini Bus with a few others which got us to the terminal in no time at all.

No idea how much it was to be honest as it was over 3 years ago now, but I am definate it was under £50 for 2 weeks. Hope that helps on your search for parking happiness! :)

All Booked :D thanks

Back