Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

If you want energy on the dancefloor and are into/can tolerate tech house - some good, some generic - go to ABODE/DNS. At least with Skream, you can guarantee to hear some good music.
If you want to hear good music but be surrounded by people standing still on their phones - go to Afterlife. A shame it has to be like that.

Seems ABODE/DNS is performing better than many thought? Might check it out end of August when Josh Wink is there

If you want energy on the dancefloor and are into/can tolerate tech house - some good, some generic - go to ABODE/DNS. At least with Skream, you can guarantee to hear some good music.
If you want to hear good music but be surrounded by people standing still on their phones - go to Afterlife. A shame it has to be like that.

Yep...i learned that the hard way this season.
I'd probably rather be in a venue with unknown dj's playing good/generic sets but with a great crowd and vibe then going for the big names or more visual-type shows where everyone feels the need to pull their phones out.

That’s one thing that’s worried me a bit about Afterlife, all the videos make it look proper flat. I’d be more into the Do Not Sleep room and that’s looked a little better for me. Although it’s Darius and Cassy when I’m there. TOU and Maceo Plex at Hi.... decisions

Crowd can make the night no doubt but i’d personally be more worried about what im hearing...tou/maceo etc piss on darius and co im afraid even if there is a better ‘vibe’

Crowd can make the night no doubt but i’d personally be more worried about what im hearing...tou/maceo etc piss on darius and co im afraid even if there is a better ‘vibe’

Yeah, hard to argue with that. Going with my wife though, who’s maybe a little less into stuff a little less accessible. DNS probably works for her better. I’d like to see TOU personally, looks a snooze fest tho. Ha

I really enjoyed Afterlife at Hï. Maybe I am more swayed by visuals and productions but I believe its about the total experience and not just the music. It's more slick than Priv and think it works. Those lineups are crazy and what every Ibiza party should be

I had a great time at Afterlife as well. Did not think the crowd was THAT bad. Maybe I got lucky but the pocket on the dance floor we were in was pretty dancey.

Hoping things are better in September :(

We’re likely going to the Âme and Nina night on the 27th!

I really enjoyed Afterlife at Hï. Maybe I am more swayed by visuals and productions but I believe its about the total experience and not just the music. It's more slick than Priv and think it works. Those lineups are crazy and what every Ibiza party should be

How did you find the sound? Decent?

How did you find the sound? Decent?

I had no issues, but I'm sure I wore my earplugs so can't comment properly on it. Man the combo of aurora halal, FJAAK, and Marcel at the end was great. I was totally lit but everyone was into it. It was probably one of my better nights so far here.

I think we can all agree the line-ups are some of the best on the island. That’s the sad thing about it all.

are TOU aware of this?

This is interesting. Suppose it all depends where they want to take all this. From a commercial perspective it may make sense. They are most definitely getting a younger less educated audience at Hï. But is this part of their mission? But if they are loosing the credibility they have built up, then does that have an impact on their brand overall?

This probably puts to bed all the never ending rumours about Marco and Solomun moving to Hï. Probably fair to say they called this one right.

salute for Carl Cox shouting out on "missing space ibiza" at his day break sessions during tomorrow land

I don’t like being the nostalgic sort, but man I miss Space. Even as a post-2007 person, just think how excited you’d be at the thought of a Space Sunday right now!

space & amnesia were the two venues where i started my ibiza techno journey in

& right now my friends & i are just looking for one decent week to visit after we used to spend 3 weeks on the island.

Honestly not joking when I say this: I'd take TOU & Maceo's music over what you hear at ABODE/DNS every day of week, including on downtime on my own at home, on the way to work etc. But for a clubbing experience, ABODE/DNS is waaay better. There, I said it.

Back