Advise if favourite places are open end of March beginning of April

Fletch

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm heading out on the 27th March until the 4th April. March is probably one of the few months of the year I've not been to the Island so not sure what to expect. It's just before Summer but too early for most things to be open I'd imagine.

I'm staying in Calla Llonga which I know will be dead so will aim to get out to a few of my favourite haunts. Problem is not sure if they'll be open yet. Any hints or tips on whether any of the below will be open would be great!

Beaches / Beach Bars

• The Jockey Club or any of the others on Salinas
  • Es Cavallet: El Chiringuito (Escollera was open Feb a couple of years ago so assuming it will be open again)
  • Blue Marlin
  • Any Bars along the front in Playa D'en Bossa open? There was one open on Friday nights a couple of winters ago but that was maybe Ushuaia before it moved venue.

Restaurants

• Casa Colonial (between Et Eularia and Jesus)
  • Cicale (On the road to Aura. Heard they're open for Sunday Roasts,not sure if that would be good or not)
  • Aura
  • KM5
  • Lio (Never been but fancy trying it. Probably shut though)
  • C'an Balafia
  • Sa Capella
  • L'Elephant or El Ayoun

I also fancy heading to Pacha (or any of the others, DC10 etc) but not sure what it will be like at this time of year or if it will even be open on the Friday / Saturday that I'm over. If so, when does it get busy and will the restaurant be open as well?

Lastly what should I expect weather wise...any chance of a day at the beach sunbathing and if so, would somewhere like Es Cavallet be totally dead even if the sun was out?

Like I said, any info or suggestions of where would be worth checking out while I'm over would be appreciated.

I cannot wait!!!!

hi fletch,

you're just coming over easter / semana santa, so at least from about 30-31march onwards, you will notice a lot of places in general will open.

regarding beachside places - not sure about jockey club or any of the other salinas places. JC was open early last year and in fact they might just open on easter, but haven't seen a specific date yet. la escollera in es cavallet is open all year around. blue marlin have confirmed they will open just on easter weekend (sat 30 and sun 31 march, will be surely busy). as for playa d'en bossa places, sirocco is open all year round and nassau opens on 29th march. la plage (which is where ushuaïa used to be) probably opens after easter though (not sure).

regarding restaurants: casa colonial is open for sure. lio and KM5 are closed for sure and i think also both san raf venues elephant and ayoun are still closed. aura is probably open (i would guess) and i've also seen some pictures from cicale on sundays, so might be open as well. balafia might be open, but probably only the small inside bit. sa capella is probably still closed. McRackin might correct some of these statements though, not too sure on some of them.

Pacha restaurant is open and pacha gets busy from about 2am onwards. this winter's winner venue for sat nights has been sirocco though hands down. packed every saturday. this one gets busy earlier, they start 9pm with buffet and then party till 4am and then afterparty elsewhere ;-) another good possibility is a crawl through the places in marina botafoch; bubbles, mishmash, el madrigal, sushipoint are all busy on fridays and saturday nights in the winter months. but again, the weekend you're here blue marlin opening will be the main place to go early night.

well last year we hit the beach for the first time mid-march, so if the weather's good you'll be definitely able to catch some sunrays on the beach. compared to the summer the beaches are still quiet, but not completely dead, everybody fancies a bit of sunbathing after the winter! bring a warm jumper though, if you're unlucky and it rains, it will be still quite chilly and in the evenings it still gets chilly in general.

Thanks for the info.

I'll be heading over with my wife and 2 year old, any idea when Blue Marlin will open on the Saturday and if it will be kiddie friendly this time of year? I was thinking of heading to the Jockey Club in the afternoon then Blue Marlin early evening?

I'm hoping to make the most of the week and it seems the weekend could have a lot going on so trying to avoid missing out on anything.

i think they open at around noon time / mid-afternoon and yeah i would say you can definitely bring your young one. normally it gets really busy from about 6pm onwards on the opening day.

Back