Advice on ibiza 30th May!!(money,accom etc)

Sesher

Hi,
Im heading out to ibiza on the 30th May!Cant wait!!
Does anyone have any advice on how much money I should be taking. I have saved around a £1000 so far.
Also what will I be looking to pay for a deposit on rented accomadation and what sort of accomadation would be best.
I have been told not to take too many clothes as well. Just wondering what sort of clothes should i take?
Thanks

Hi,
Im heading out to ibiza on the 30th May!Cant wait!!
Does anyone have any advice on how much money I should be taking. I have saved around a £1000 so far.
Also what will I be looking to pay for a deposit on rented accomadation and what sort of accomadation would be best.
I have been told not to take too many clothes as well. Just wondering what sort of clothes should i take?
Thanks

I would recomend as much as possible.
on rented accom depends wither you can get a share between 3/4 people for about 1000 euros thats £225 each if 3 if 4 price goes down to £170, more that share the cheaper it gets, for 1st month then you would pay £450 each if theirs 3 as 1 months accom plus deposit that you get back if you dont reck the camp.
if you dont share you can get a hostel for £11 each night is expensive though for a month, ok to get you settled and a job. loads of workers over their that are freindly and in the same boat and will gladly help you out.

As for clothes depends on how often you wanna do laundry id say, most places have washine machines though, wouldnt bring any heavy clothes, sunshine clothes only.

Cant work out from you name, you a guy or girl ? youl be arriving 3 day after me, where you flying from ?
if you need any more info you can email me at wilarm1988@yahoo.co.uk

Powerwilly

I would recomend as much as possible.
on rented accom depends wither you can get a share between 3/4 people for about 1000 euros thats £225 each if 3 if 4 price goes down to £170, more that share the cheaper it gets, for 1st month then you would pay £450 each if theirs 3 as 1 months accom plus deposit that you get back if you dont reck the camp.
if you dont share you can get a hostel for £11 each night is expensive though for a month, ok to get you settled and a job. loads of workers over their that are freindly and in the same boat and will gladly help you out.

As for clothes depends on how often you wanna do laundry id say, most places have washine machines though, wouldnt bring any heavy clothes, sunshine clothes only.

Cant work out from you name, you a guy or girl ? youl be arriving 3 day after me, where you flying from ?
if you need any more info you can email me at wilarm1988@yahoo.co.uk

Powerwilly

Hiya im a girl!21!flying from newcastle!

Thanks for the info.How much would I be expecting to earn in each job such as pr or barwork?

Have you worked out there before. What part are you working in this year?

Hiya im a girl!21!flying from newcastle!

Thanks for the info.How much would I be expecting to earn in each job such as pr or barwork?

Have you worked out there before. What part are you working in this year?

Bar work is more of a constent earner say about £170 week easy, pr is different as described below

Average Wage: 25 - 40 Euros per night. Good PR's on commission car earn up to 60 Euros per night peak season.
Best Hours of Work: 9pm - 3am
Level of Difficulty: Medium
The Role: Similar to the restaurant rep, the club/bar PR is there to get young holiday makers into the bars/clubs. But unlike the restaurant rep your nights will be spent getting drunk and chatting people up, whilst your days will be spent recovering in the sun.
Payment: Commission 40 cents to 1 Euro per person paid weekly or daily depending on the bar or club. In Some bars and clubs you will receive a basic wage of around 35 Euros per day.
Perks: Free drink tokens, constant party atmosphere
To Qualify: You will need to have an outgoing personality and a big smile to succeed in this line of work.

Worked out thier once before but that was back in 2000, be looking for pr work to promote one of the large nightclubs or bar work anything really to keep me on the magical island, so i can power party.

Loads off workers going over this year for the mega parties be magic meeting new people, who are you coming over with ? if you fancy meeting and going for a drink gives a bell on wilarm1988@yahoo.co.uk, i know my way around the island and i'll pm you my spanish no, allready got a few spanish nos of workers this year going to be a wicked crowd join the party and the nights organised.

R u on bebo or myspace ?

Lets Dance

Powerwilly in da air xxx

lol powerwilly

lengandary replies powerwilly...lol, really useful information cheers, im thinking of booking a flight to the 'magic island' leaving belfast on the 28th may 2007, think i shud be arriving at 12noon...im just finished my university degree in Belfast and wana hav me the best summer of my life, so i think me and ibizia wud go 2gether like tea and toast lol...u seem to hav alot of useful knowledge into the very essence of the island, so id be greatful if u cud giv me a hola sumtime, as i reckon wur gona be landing on the island about the same time... giv me a shout hola

Last edited by a moderator:
im flying out 25th may for the season. searched the internet for accomodation but have yet to find any reasonable or even long term leases. where do you actually find them? or do you have to wait until you get over?

im flying out 25th may for the season. searched the internet for accomodation but have yet to find any reasonable or even long term leases. where do you actually find them? or do you have to wait until you get over?

Hey Barry, they dont really offer the accom prices for the ibiza workers on the internet, you can get the cheap accom share over their or you can try this site http://www.liveibiza.net/long_term_rentals/long_term_rentals.htm

Hey i fly on the 25th too where you flying from ?

Powerwilly rocks ibiza

Me and a mate are also heading out on the 30th may.

if whats being said on here is correct, and its easier and cheaper to rent in groups of about 6, ive got an idea..... theres atleast 6 ppl on her that are in the same position, why dont we arrange to meet up when we get there and get somewher together?????

just an idea, but what does everyone think??? x

if whats being said on here is correct, and its easier and cheaper to rent in groups of about 6, ive got an idea..... theres atleast 6 ppl on her that are in the same position, why dont we arrange to meet up when we get there and get somewher together?????

Yep thats correct the more who share the cheaper it gets, for eg a place costing you £1000 euros for 4 sharing is the same price for , you also need to pay a deposit on your first month, if 4 sharing then it would be £500 euro for first month then, £250 euros you would get your deposit back if you dont reckt the deck.

If you wanna chat email me at wilarm1988@yahoo.co.uk its also my bebo address to add. my msn messenger is ja009b5497@blueyonder.co.uk, and i'll email you my spanish no, fly over to island on the 25th may 2 share hopefully with 2 pals. More the merrier for da power party.

Lets do da powerdance.

Powerwilly rocks ibiza hard xxx

yeah trance, i think youve the right idea, im planning on landing on the island on sunday the 27th may...havnt a clue wat im gona do from there...is there only 1 airport in ibizia, how far is the airport from the nearest big town, is there any cities in ibizia??? lol havnt a clue, but sure it be a bit of banter...powerwillie knows his stuff, hes been there 6 times...r u sharing accommodation with 2 of ur pals power?? i just dont know wat way tihngs r gona work out...if ur looking to do barwork, do u need much experience, ive worked in a bar before, but only for about 6 months, but i hav a certificate in "customer service excellance", but i wudnt hav a clue about cocktails and all that kinda stuff...how many workers do u reckon actually head there for the start of june willie, u talking thousands like...u reckon theres enough 6 bedroom appartments to go around willie, i dont wana end up walking the streets...need sumwhur to rest the head like lol...may just play it by ear, i dont think u can do much organising from on here...theres probaly thousands of others going to work, who are not even on here...but trance has the right idea, it wud be good to sort sumthing out before we land on the island

yeah trance, i think youve the right idea, im planning on landing on the island on sunday the 27th may...havnt a clue wat im gona do from there...is there only 1 airport in ibizia, how far is the airport from the nearest big town, is there any cities in ibizia??? lol havnt a clue, but sure it be a bit of banter...powerwillie knows his stuff, hes been there 6 times...r u sharing accommodation with 2 of ur pals power?? i just dont know wat way tihngs r gona work out...if ur looking to do barwork, do u need much experience, ive worked in a bar before, but only for about 6 months, but i hav a certificate in "customer service excellance", but i wudnt hav a clue about cocktails and all that kinda stuff...how many workers do u reckon actually head there for the start of june willie, u talking thousands like...u reckon theres enough 6 bedroom appartments to go around willie, i dont wana end up walking the streets...need sumwhur to rest the head like lol...may just play it by ear, i dont think u can do much organising from on here...theres probaly thousands of others going to work, who are not even on here...but trance has the right idea, it wud be good to sort sumthing out before we land on the island

there is only one airport, and the nearest town is playa d'en bossa ( best part of beefa if u ask me) but u need 2 head to san antonio, thtas were the majority of jobs will be and u will find lots of ppl in the same boat as u.......... id book in 2 a hotel 4 a few days tho wen u get there, just 2 find ur bearings a bit, if its ur 1st time out there it can be a bit daunting.

anyway i dnt mind meeting up with u wen we get out there, we land on the wednesday night, the more help in finding somewhere to live the better.

have u got msn????? trance_girlie@hotmail.co.uk

there is only one airport, and the nearest town is playa d'en bossa ( best part of beefa if u ask me) but u need 2 head to san antonio, thtas were the majority of jobs will be and u will find lots of ppl in the same boat as u.......... id book in 2 a hotel 4 a few days tho wen u get there, just 2 find ur bearings a bit, if its ur 1st time out there it can be a bit daunting.

anyway i dnt mind meeting up with u wen we get out there, we land on the wednesday night, the more help in finding somewhere to live the better.

have u got msn????? trance_girlie@hotmail.co.uk
yeah trance i just added u there now, ill send u an offline message: cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my mate and i are driving over to ibiza from the uk leaving on 29th/30th June so hoping to be there in 2 or 3 days to live for the summer. Would really like to meet up with people when we get there as think we could do with some help re jobs and somewhere to live. Seen loads of really useful info on here already but would be nice to make some friends before we get there!! xx Penny

flying from belfast mate. flights not until 10pm though so ill be arriving about 1am 26th may.

Hey baz i also arrive on the 26th at 01:55 ibiza time that is, power on mate let the party commence.

Soon as i arrive gone out to get hammered the more the merrier meeting up wi a few workers when i arrive more the merrier.

Hey baz i also arrive on the 26th at 01:55 ibiza time that is, power on mate let the party commence.

Soon as i arrive gone out to get hammered the more the merrier meeting up wi a few workers when i arrive more the merrier.

same here throwing my suitcase in and going out and getting hammered. roll on next friday :lol:

Back