Advice on buying a property in Ibiza please

Liv

Hi guys, hubby and I have been visiting Ibiza for many moons now. We're sick of the British weather (I'm South African so struggling a lot!!), but are not quite ready to make the move over full time. For now, we're thinking of buying a holiday home. There are obviously fears about buying property in Spain (our parents/grand parents & sensible friends think we're stupid!) - for one, neither of us can speak Spanish, but I'm very happy to learn. Basically, it would be fantastic if anybody could recommend a reputable agent/law firm/building company (to do necessary renovations/repairs) etc who will be able to help us with the process. Is buying a property in Ibiza that difficult? Are there often cases where the land has been reclaimed and people have lost money? How easy is it to buy land and then build? I know there is information out there (I have been looking) but I would prefer to get some insider info than try make a semi-educated-via-google-guess!

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks a million.

Liv
x

Let me know if you want to chat...we just finishing building a villa in Ibiza. I can give you come contacts and advice.

Back