Advice needed..

EveyT

3 of us are staying in one apartments....and 2 in another 5 minutes away (In PDB)! However now one of my other friends is looking to add on herself....but the rooms are full! We don't mind her sharing with us, happilly make room but how lenient are they likely to be? Do most apartments/hotels let someone else stay for so much a night? She is wanting to get same flight etc and book asap....not sure if we should chance it when we get there!

Honestly it all depends on the place you are staying in. Bigger hotels you are more likely to get away with it others you will not. They are there to make money at the end of the day and if they think 3 people are staying in a room charged for 2 people they will see it as losing money. If you say where you are staying people may be able to give you an indication.

In my experience - no hotels will do this unless they offer higher occupancy ie. if the room you were in could have been conceivably sold as a 4 person suite prior to you booking. Will have more to do with health & safety / insurance than anything else.

Some hotels will be extra vigilante (dare I say, bordering on the militant) about monitoring this does not go on. And some you will probably find you can get away with it quite easily.

If the hotel is fully booked then chances are they will not notice an extra person, particularly if you arrive together and they recognize her as being a familiar face.

But I wouldn't recommend it. And it could potentially mean you own booking being cancelled if you are caught.

The Sirenis - although not central PDB - had some reasonable deals on sole occupancy rooms last year for openings. Have u tried there?

When I was there last year we had 3 in a room and were there with a couple who were staying up in Es Cana. They slept in our room almost every night and no one batted an eyelid. Previous year we've had friends staying who were in a hostel miles away and just slept in our room. I guess it varies from place to place but In my experience it's been fine.

Thanks all......decided to brass neck it and email the hotel, in English and Spanish (can't do Catalan) to be polite! Worth asking eh! If they say no I won't disrespect their decision, we will sort something out! Many thanks

Esta es una pregunta muy san antoniera. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back