Advice for SE london boozers anyone?

OllieNotts

Taking the mrs to this hotel tomorrow for the weekend
http://www.hamptoncourtpalacehotel.com/
Not exactly 5* but it'll do :lol:
Seeing as so many of you regulars know london a lot more then me wondered if there is any good pubs around this place for drinking in tomorrow night? Also any we should avoid :D
I have only ever drank in london in the day or early evening as been passing through to watch forest and never been near this place so any advice greatly appreciated.
Gracias.

tbh elephant n castle is abit of a grey area for decent pubs , ie none. down the road in kennington is 2 nicer pubs id go to otherwise i'd use the good transport links from there n go elsewhere. depends what your looking for/ what you like but in elephant there is a weatherspoons and a nandos.... oh and MOS.
In Kennington you have The Dogpound (think thats the name) and slightly classier but very small is the prince of wales which is off the much sought after Clever Square. bout 10 mins walk i'd say maybe bit more

Amazing that these old back street Watney and Trueman pubs can morph into a sort of boutique hotel.
My advice....get over the river into central London and start paying tourist prices....

Taking the mrs to this hotel tomorrow for the weekend
http://www.hamptoncourtpalacehotel.com/
Not exactly 5* but it'll do :lol:
Seeing as so many of you regulars know london a lot more then me wondered if there is any good pubs around this place for drinking in tomorrow night? Also any we should avoid :D
I have only ever drank in london in the day or early evening as been passing through to watch forest and never been near this place so any advice greatly appreciated.
Gracias.

Jaysus, that place looks like The Blind Beggar, be careful, Olski:lol::lol:

We had a quality day on the lash last Saturday along the river in the city.

Tattershall Castle boat (opposite the London Eye on Embankment) is a great place to sit for a couple and admire the view, we then crossed the river and headed over towards the OXO tower, there were a few decent pubs past that. Doggets had a nice garden at the back which caught the sun, i can't really remember much else after that!

Jaysus, that place looks like The Blind Beggar, be careful, Olski:lol::lol:

Had a great time in there, much friendlier then my local in Notts. I came home sunday to find out some one got glassed on the friday night because of a mistaken comment :eek: Give that boozer any day :D

Back