advice for a returning veteran!

Cazm

Hi guys and gals

just looking for a bit advice I used this site constantly when we used to visit ibiza twice a year every year! however we got married in 2007 and havent been since! both 31 now!

we are now visiting 26-31 july and from what i have been reading things have changed an awful lot!

we are staying at es vive anyone stayed here any good points bad points? is it easy to walk to pacha and such? slightly worried as i have heard its a bit posey?

also any decent restuarants nearby in figueratas or any recommendations by the port?

is bar m still in san an? was thinking of ibiza rocks with tini tempah is ibiza rocks worth it? can you still get discounted tickets on the night from the bars?

sorry for the 100 questions!!!!!!!!

is sands bar any good?

thanks so much!!!!

Bar M is now Ibiza Rocks Bar, much of the same.

Havent been since you got married? What changed?

Thanks! Money changed and buying and doing our flat up. We just didn't seem to have the same spare cash lying about like when we were at home!!! Priorities change! Thought we would get a last mad one in before children!!

we are staying at es vive anyone stayed here any good points bad points? is it easy to walk to pacha and such? slightly worried as i have heard its a bit posey?

About 1 1/2 miles from Pacha - how fit are you feeling ? Art-deco place and it's no dump. Not stayed - usually kip on the other side of the island in the mid-mornings. Check out Tripadvisor for hotel reviews - you get a fair range there.

is bar m still in san an? was thinking of ibiza rocks with tini tempah is ibiza rocks worth it? can you still get discounted tickets on the night from the bars?

A few of the old bars under new ownership - Egg is now Hed Kandi bar, Bar M now Ibiza Rocks Bar etc. As they're all within stumbling distance why not do the rounds ?

Re tickets, why not get them off Spotlight in advance - as cheap as it gets ?

Ibiza Rocks is a very forward-looking brand - tends to attract a younger crowd to the gigs, clearly different music policy to most of the rest. Was lucky enough to meet some of the faces behind it this week and I was very impressed. They employ all their own security so the attitude is much more relaxed than many places, but in a good way. They bought the old Pikes hotel near San An and up there you're treated like Royalty - this is the real deal, not a "Virgin Rockstar" joke of a 'VIP service'. Bumped into the doorman just after 6am yesterday in the middle of San An as I walking out of a club - he'd met me once and greeted me by name. That's pretty special.

The town hotel/old Bar M is pitched in line with the taget market - bar's not cheap but not up to Ushuaia/Pacha/Bora Bora post-4.30pm prices.

Ibiza Rocks have scored some very impressive line-ups for an organization with a small fixed capacity. This is a testament to how they're perceived in the business and how they run their operation.

is sands bar any good?

Sands and all the PDB beach clubs are worth a look (and the others on the island too). If you look on the alternatives to the clubs thread it's regularly updated with details of what's on at each. At PDB, try Nassau, Delano, Sirocco etc. too - not just Bora Bora these days !

Thank you so much. That's been a great help!!! I will defiantly take on board your recommendations. X

Thanks bez that's a shame had some good times in there!! Where is mint lounge? Has anything taken its place?

Back