Advice for 1st Timer from America

Eric1e

Hello,

I will be in Ibiza for the 1st time last week of July with my GF. I've read the virgins guide but still wanted to ask questions to all of you who actively in the scene. Please forgive my stupid questions.

Dress Code:
I have bought tickets for Ushuaia (Departures) and Pacha (F*** Me I'm Famous). What is the real dress code? In america they are very strict on shoes, you must have dress shoes. The Pacha dress code from the ticket sounds similarly strict but I always read mixed info. Can I wear Nike sneakers? No Shorts? Collared shirt a must?

Transportation:
We are staying in San An and both parties are on the other end. I see the Disco Bus seems like the best option. Is it safe? Are taxi's readily available outside both clubs and at the ending hours, for example 6:00 AM for Pacha?

Day Activities:
Recommendations on places to eat and what to do during the day besides Sunset Strip? Best beaches?

Thank you so much.

Hello,

I will be in Ibiza for the 1st time last week of July with my GF. I've read the virgins guide but still wanted to ask questions to all of you who actively in the scene. Please forgive my stupid questions.

Dress Code:
I have bought tickets for Ushuaia (Departures) and Pacha (F*** Me I'm Famous). What is the real dress code? In america they are very strict on shoes, you must have dress shoes. The Pacha dress code from the ticket sounds similarly strict but I always read mixed info. Can I wear Nike sneakers? No Shorts? Collared shirt a must?

At Ushuaia, wear what you want. bear in mind it is outside though. shorts and sneakers etc will be fine.

At Pacha - you wont need dress shoes and you can wear shorts although i would go for smart shorts as opposed to sports shorts. You dont need to wear a collared shirt no. It is the smartest of the clubs in terms of what people wear but it is far from strict.

Transportation:
We are staying in San An and both parties are on the other end. I see the Disco Bus seems like the best option. Is it safe? Are taxi's readily available outside both clubs and at the ending hours, for example 6:00 AM for Pacha?

The disco bus is very safe but can get very busy. Taxi's are easy to get outside Pacha, there is a taxi rank just over the road. With Departures finishing at midnight, it may be slightly harder to get a taxi outside but not a major problem, you can just walk further into PDB and you will find one easily enough...

Day Activities:
Recommendations on places to eat and what to do during the day besides Sunset Strip? Best beaches?

totally depends on what you want to do. There are loads of fantastic beaches. The beach in PDB is lively with a lot of beach bars etc, then you have more secluded beaches on the north of the island. Las Salinas is a nice beach.

Restaurants - again lots of choice and varying prices so it depends what you want. check on this website which has a wide range of options for you.

You need any further information then please give me a shout...

Thank you so much.

Dress Code:

I've only ever found Pacha to be somewhere where you make an effort in terms of wearing a shirt or smart polo etc. In my opinion whilst there is an increasing VIP element in Ibiza it is nowhere near Las Vegas for example in terms of the whole dress code, guest list, names not on the list element. In general you can wear whatever you want to express yourself in Ibiza.

If I could give one tip for ibiza it would be comfy footwear ie trainers.

In terms of dress code if you look at videos on youtube for the club nights you intend to visit in Ibiza that should give you an idea.

Transportation:

Look at the disco bus timetable and know where the stop is for when it's home time although I think I've only ever got the bus once in my visits and that was from Pacha. Very good experience however normally get a taxi purely because when it's time for bed I just want the quickest route back. Personal preference but I'd avoid the illegal taxi route if I were you. You will know they are illegal as they won't be in a car they'll be outside the club, airport, long taxi queue asking if you want a taxi and they'll just be driving a normal car.

Day Activities:

Where in San Antonio are you staying? The beaches are very hit and miss but generally a bit rubbish, I would strongly recommend Cala Gracio and Cala Gracioneta. The restaurant El Chiringuito there is a particularly nice spot. http://www.grupomambo.com/venues/el-chiringuito/el-chiringuito.html

I also like Cala Bassa Beach which you can get a bus to from San Antonio and has a beach club with food (I've not eaten there but I remember it being pricey).

Some tips from my trips would be

I would recommend taking a cooler bag. Then you can take drinks and food with you to the beach etc and if you're like me that will save you a small fortune as well.

I don't think a trip to ibiza is complete without buying a few cold ones from the shop and spending an afternoon in Playa D'en Bossa at Bora Bora etc. You could probably do this for a few hours before Ushuaia.

Only doing it myself for the first time this year but why not check out star boats in San Antonio. Think you can hire a small boat without a license for the afternoon for 150 euros including fuel.

Assuming you drink, Make sure you know roughly the price of drinks in the Clubs. For example Nobody wants to order 2 Vodka Red Bulls in Pacha or the other Clubs for that matter without knowing the cost.

I always spend more money and do more nights than I planned to before arriving So make sure you have access to more money and or budget a little bit.

Maybe do a search for Pacha Restaurant on this forum if you intend to visit the club as it may work in your favour : )

Have a very good holiday hope Ibiza has the same effect on you both as it has on me and most of the people on this forum.

Thanks for the info, it is very handy. We will be staying at the Hotel Gran Sol

Calle Soledad 49, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain

Dress code

I've always had no problem with a t-shirt, jeans and trainers
Shorts & football (soccer) tops would be a no-no
Never had to wear a collared shirt - tho i've not been to Pacha for a few years

Transport

Discobus is safe and cheap - will normally drop in Ibiza Town a short walk to Pacha
If there are 4 of you - its not much more to get a taxi tho - if you prefer to get there quicker and in better surroundings

there will be plenty of taxis outside the clubs - Amnesia usually has a line at the front for taxis
don't get into illegal ones tho - stay safe

daytime

usually i'm by the pool or on the beach
i've been to salinas and its lovely - can get the bus from Ibiza Town

i'd recommend a search around here as more beaches & daytime activities will be detailed

as its your first time - definitely head to Bora Bora early afternoon (try to catch a busy day when the place is buzzing)
dance on a table and watch the spiderman

enjoy

Thanks for the info, it is very handy. We will be staying at the Hotel Gran Sol

Calle Soledad 49, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain
Great choice, I'm staying there for the last 4 days of my trip. You are ideally positioned for the sunset strip and Cala Gracio and Gracioneta beaches then. There is also a very small beach area and boardwalk for sunbathing literally about 50m away as well. not too far from the bus terminal if you get a disco bus home and I forgot to mention that if you buy tickets when you're over there a lot of places do free transport to the club. However I remember getting a bus for free from Itaca or Ibiza Rocks Bar to Privilege about 3 years ago provided I bought some drinks in the bar first. Can anyone on this forum confirm if this is still possible if you've bought tickets before handand if so where from.

If you want to do some real exploring and get to the other beaches consider hiring a car (you may want to specify an automatic if you dont drive 'stick'). This would make getting to the nicer beaches alot easier such as Cala Conta . Las Salinas , Cala D'Hort etc

Can you get into Pacha with Converse Chucks?

I haven't been to Pacha before but I'm considering the Ibiza Rocks party but if it's not as liberal as the other clubs I'll probably give it a miss.

You can wear what you want as long as you obey certain rules. Collared shirt, long trousers, no trainers. This will open doors normally shut to the general audience.
As I don't do drugs or drink I usually use my own car, which gives me ultimate freedom over my time. Its different to 20-25 years ago, where you had to drive because you were to drunk to walk. But that was a different time.
A car also helps during the day, drive around follow the road you want. If its dead end, look out there is always a treasure chest waiting to be found. It is by far the dumbest way to experience Ibiza by staying in your resort or only travel between San An and Bossa.

Back