ADE Amsterdam Dance Event

Quick ADE Review.
Stayed in the A'dam Tower hotel...which was super convenient for parties in Loft and Shelter. I actually won this hotel room in a competition with Desperados and He She They, amazing price!

Friday I went to the MixMag Pop Up party first, cool vibe, nice set by Franky. Saw him again a few hours later in The Loft for Monkey Project where he went back 2 back with BLond:ISH. Must say I loved her set and energy and the b2b with Franky was cool too! Crowd in The Loft went insane during WhoMadeWho and BlondIsh and I loved everyone's reaction to all the tracks but everyone was pretty much to themselves. Lots of pushy people. Lots of Italians and Americans. Around 5 we took the elevator from Loft down to our hotel room and just rolled into our bed.

Plan for Saturday daytime was Mystic Garden / Dockyard and Fuse, but never made it to Fuse. Transport to Mystic Garden festivalsite took a long time and it was around 16:00 when we were finally inside. Spent some time in the Vision tent with Prunk and then went to the Mystic Garden tent where Olympe was playing melodic techno. Great crowd, everyone was really nice and talkative. Mees Salome was a bit too slow for our taste so we moved to the He She They vs Terminal One tent. Really liked the techno there, it was hard but still groovy. Sold my Fuse tickets in the meantime, cause we had to enter before 20:00 and it seemed impossible to make it. Saturday night He She They in Shelter was too monotone techno for my taste and the audience was really wasted and in their own world. Left really early, around 02:00 o clock. Just an elevator up this time and into our beds to have some rest for the last day.

Sunday stopped by the ADE Hangover. Can recommend that one for next year, cause it's basically an extra (free entrance) day of the Into The Woods festival at the NDSM wharf. Main program for sunday was StrafWerk closing in de Kromhouthal. Great production, nice led panels and lights and strong line up with Manda Moor, Sirus Hood, Franky RIzardo (again!), Joris Voorn and Hot Since 82. Not too crowded, good vibe, great music.

Overall feeling; had a great time, Monkey Project in LOFT was the highlight for me. There's always too much fomo going from one event to the other but i'll probably make those same mistakes next year :D Audience can be a little off at some parties, people are just too wasted from multiple day of partying but still it's great to have this amazing event in Amsterdam every year.

Franky Rizardo was the man of the weekend for me. I saw him too at the MixMag pop up, which we managed to get tickets for on the day, then saw him at the StrafWerk closing, where he was even better then the Friday. Went Paradise Friday night, which was wicked, HS82 was really impressive.

Saturday we went FUSE, which really set us on our way for the evening, as we went to Music On which was really special. Everyone that come on seemed to bring there A game and felt like this happened across the whole weekend, as there was a number of people I haven't seen before and would definitely go in the future.

Technically only went to Mediahaven and StrafWerk, didn't get a chance to go to the latter last year, so was pleased to be able to go to a new club this year as I think it is really good club. Feel like they have it really well organised at ADE, none of the shows are overcrowded and it's usually always a good crowd (I've found for the last 2 years anyway) compared to some of the events I've been to in UK and Ibiza. Will definitely think about doing an extra day next time I think, whether it's Thursday or Monday, as there's a few other venues and events that seem to play them days that I'd like to go too.

Franky Rizardo was the man of the weekend for me. I saw him too at the MixMag pop up, which we managed to get tickets for on the day, then saw him at the StrafWerk closing, where he was even better then the Friday. Went Paradise Friday night, which was wicked, HS82 was really impressive.

Saturday we went FUSE, which really set us on our way for the evening, as we went to Music On which was really special. Everyone that come on seemed to bring there A game and felt like this happened across the whole weekend, as there was a number of people I haven't seen before and would definitely go in the future.

Technically only went to Mediahaven and StrafWerk, didn't get a chance to go to the latter last year, so was pleased to be able to go to a new club this year as I think it is really good club. Feel like they have it really well organised at ADE, none of the shows are overcrowded and it's usually always a good crowd (I've found for the last 2 years anyway) compared to some of the events I've been to in UK and Ibiza. Will definitely think about doing an extra day next time I think, whether it's Thursday or Monday, as there's a few other venues and events that seem to play them days that I'd like to go too.
Feels like Franky Rizardo is the man of the moment indeed. Fully agree on his Strafwerk Closing, was on fire.

ADE summary

Thursday

Drumcode popup store for Mha Iri, Teenage Mutants - really fun, free, hot!
Hoxton hotel for food, group meet-up and for house music warm up - it wasn't as fun as last year, or as busy
Drumcode at Gashouder - ACE, best set was Beyer / Layton; we've done Gashouder to death now - unsure if we will repeat it next year; left 7 AM finish meant a long day

Friday
Steak dinner at Castell - excellent
KNTXT / Charlotte - really high energy, borderline hard house / hard style - fun. The final B2B2B2B2 was incredibly fun. Met loads and loads of friendly people; transport a pain; left at 530

Saturday
Ramen at Umaimon - very good, no booking, great food
Bar Bacan for house music warm-up, then Blend XL
Got convinced to do KNTXT / CDW again - was rubbish this time, oddly. Lots of very noisy music, crowd was not as fun or friendly. Left at 3

Sunday
Chinese near Prinsen - not great
Reiner / Beyer / etc at Ziggodome (Awakenings) - probably the best event we went to. Loved the venue, music, production. Special appearance by plenty of guests including Oliver Heldens and live singers; left at the end (midnight)

Went home - got convinced to go meet family at Intercell / I hate models / Warehouse Elementenstraat. Very sweaty, very hard, extremely friendly; met tons of cool people. Left at 6

Monday
Flew home;flight delayed. Standard

Quick ADE Review.
Stayed in the A'dam Tower hotel...which was super convenient for parties in Loft and Shelter. I actually won this hotel room in a competition with Desperados and He She They, amazing price!

Overall feeling; had a great time, Monkey Project in LOFT was the highlight for me. There's always too much fomo going from one event to the other but i'll probably make those same mistakes next year :D Audience can be a little off at some parties, people are just too wasted from multiple day of partying but still it's great to have this amazing event in Amsterdam every year.

Did staying in the ADAM give you better / more access to Loft events?

Did staying in the ADAM give you better / more access to Loft events?
Not really.
You still have to arrange your own tickets (obviously) and even get outside in the normal queue to get your ticket scanned and get your wristband for the events. But...it's practical. You can get your ticket scanned early on, get your wristband and get back to your hotelroom before going to the party if you wanted too. And off course the most practical aspect is at the end of the party. You just walk out of the party, get in the elevator to your hotel room floor and you're there.
It has its downsides too. I couldn't get a ticket for Adriatique sunrise session but I heard the beats from my bed :D Major fomo!!

Quick ADE Review.

Friday I went to the MixMag Pop Up party first, cool vibe, nice set by Franky. Saw him again a few hours later in The Loft for Monkey Project where he went back 2 back with BLond:ISH. Must say I loved her set and energy and the b2b with Franky was cool too! Crowd in The Loft went insane during WhoMadeWho and BlondIsh and I loved everyone's reaction to all the tracks but everyone was pretty much to themselves. Lots of pushy people. Lots of Italians and Americans. Around 5 we took the elevator from Loft down to our hotel room and just rolled into our bed.

Plan for Saturday daytime was Mystic Garden / Dockyard and Fuse, but never made it to Fuse. Transport to Mystic Garden festivalsite took a long time and it was around 16:00 when we were finally inside. Spent some time in the Vision tent with Prunk and then went to the Mystic Garden tent where Olympe was playing melodic techno. Great crowd, everyone was really nice and talkative. Mees Salome was a bit too slow for our taste so we moved to the He She They vs Terminal One tent. Really liked the techno there, it was hard but still groovy. Sold my Fuse tickets in the meantime, cause we had to enter before 20:00 and it seemed impossible to make it. Saturday night He She They in Shelter was too monotone techno for my taste and the audience was really wasted and in their own world. Left really early, around 02:00 o clock. Just an elevator up this time and into our beds to have some rest for the last day.

Sunday stopped by the ADE Hangover. Can recommend that one for next year, cause it's basically an extra (free entrance) day of the Into The Woods festival at the NDSM wharf. Main program for sunday was StrafWerk closing in de Kromhouthal. Great production, nice led panels and lights and strong line up with Manda Moor, Sirus Hood, Franky RIzardo (again!), Joris Voorn and Hot Since 82. Not too crowded, good vibe, great music.

Great review! I have made notes of the parties you went to and has given me great ideas for next ade

Thinking two parties, Dgtl for sure and then either mystic garden, monkey project, or into the woods😊

First time ADE, first time Amsterdam. 😊

After we were in Ibiza for the closing weekend (e.g. Solomun / Dixon and Ben Klock @ Chinois), we flew to ADE on Friday. I have to say that we decided on the ADE relatively spontaneously (at the beginning of September). As a result, some events have already been sold out, e.g. B. X Future with Adriatique.

We arrived on Friday around 4:00 p.m. after our flight was delayed for 2 hours. In Amsterdam the weather was so bad that only 50 percent of the planes were allowed to take off and land. So we stood there for what felt like an eternity, waiting for our start.

As I said, we arrived at 4 p.m., we went straight to bus 397, took it into the city, then took the tram, then took the next bus at the bus station and finally walked for 15 minutes in the rain. In retrospect I wonder whether a taxi wouldn't have made more sense. :rolleyes: So we checked into the hotel around 5:45 p.m.

Afterwards we were able to get to know the poor catering at the hotel…

Hotel: Moxy Houthavens
  • “Fancy Style”
  • Price was okay.
  • Food and Beverage: cruel and expensive (frozen pizza was sold for 12 euros).
  • Room: small but clean, good view
  • Location: 30 minutes to the city, but very close to some events (Mediahaven and Charlotte de Witte)

Now about the parties/sightseeing:

Friday: Paradise at Mediahaven
  • Walk from the hotel: 8 minutes
  • Good organization
  • Very hot on the floors
  • Drinks OK
  • Music: top, especially the B2B Jamie Jones and Loco Dice
  • Toilets: mostly Dixis 🤢

Saturday: Surroundings discovered, Music On in Mediahaven
  • Originally we wanted to look at the Ziggo Dome (Solomun), but driving was too annoying for us. That's why we didn't do it. The weather was still too bad. 🌧️💨
  • Looked at the surroundings of Houthaven, bought a few things, drank coffee: noticed that chips and cheese are not sold everywhere. 😉
  • Music On was very very busy. Music was okay, crowd could have been a bit better.
  • “Sausage Fest”

Sunday: Rested and going to Awakenings in the Gashouder in the early evening
  • Great location, really impressive
  • Kölsch and Mind Against were great (8 p.m. to midnight)
  • Mood: great
  • Crowd was mixed and therefore very pleasant
  • The wine tasted terrible, like vinegar.🤮 Tap water 0.3 l for around 7 euros.

Monday: Sightseeing
  • Take the bus into the city and explore what feels like the entire city center / old town.
  • Amsterdam is a very beautiful city!
  • Canal cruise was a must. 😊
  • Museum: We chose the Moco (Modern Art). => Absolute recommendation
  • Food: Churrus were great, other food stands were also good.

Tuesday: departure

All in all:
  • We are coming again next year. 😊
  • Hotel then close to the city center.
  • On the agenda next year: Loft and Ziggo Dome
  • Make sure to do Gashouder!!
  • City: must have
  • Thanks @FlatErik

I had the chance to get tickets for the Loft twice: Gordo and Blond Ish. Unfortunately I decided against it. Annoying... Next time we would do it differently.

Enjoyable read!
Let me know if you need to ditch free merch again next year :p
Trust me, I'm upset about that too. Then again, I drove my car back to the UK last week, and 80% of the contents was other people's shit

Back