ADE Amsterdam Dance Event

FlatErik

Almost that time of the year again, from wednesday the 19th of October till sunday the 23rd (altough there are some unofficial monday morning afters). Finally a normal edition again, after a cancelled 2020 and the 2021 edition full of restrictions.
Who's going and what are your plans so far?

As for myself, my ADE starts at friday this year. While I would have loved to start on thursday with Keinemusik at Sieraad Amsterdam, I need to work on friday and well you just can't have it all. So this is my program, but as always things can shift and change depending on scoring tickets or other opportunities.

Friday nighttime: Loveland x Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Marco Carola.
Saturday daytime: Dividing my daytime between Mystic Garden x Dockyard and Elrow, both at an outdoor location with big tents.
Saturday nighttime: Fuse at Bret or VBX at Lofi. Sold my Circoloco tickets cause the line up was not what I expected.
Sunday morning: Hoping for Audio Obscura sunrise session at the Loft, if not I'll go to Thuishaven for Sally C.
Sunday daytime: Solid Grooves x Strafwerk at NDSM.
Monday morning: Slapfunk after if I get the chance to get a ticket beforehand or at the door...we'll see.

Hope to see some Spotlighters and have a dance!
Amsterdam-Dance-Event.jpg

Almost that time of the year again, from wednesday the 19th of October till sunday the 23rd (altough there are some unofficial monday morning afters). Finally a normal edition again, after a cancelled 2020 and the 2021 edition full of restrictions.
Who's going and what are your plans so far?

As for myself, my ADE starts at friday this year. While I would have loved to start on thursday with Keinemusik at Sieraad Amsterdam, I need to work on friday and well you just can't have it all. So this is my program, but as always things can shift and change depending on scoring tickets or other opportunities.

Friday nighttime: Loveland x Paradise with Jamie Jones b2b Marco Carola.
Saturday daytime: Dividing my daytime between Mystic Garden x Dockyard and Elrow, both at an outdoor location with big tents.
Saturday nighttime: Fuse at Bret or VBX at Lofi. Sold my Circoloco tickets cause the line up was not what I expected.
Sunday morning: Hoping for Audio Obscura sunrise session at the Loft, if not I'll go to Thuishaven for Sally C.
Sunday daytime: Solid Grooves x Strafwerk at NDSM.
Monday morning: Slapfunk after if I get the chance to get a ticket beforehand or at the door...we'll see.

Hope to see some Spotlighters and have a dance!

We are doing:

Awakenings Drumcode Gashouder - Thursday
Mystic / Dockyard - Saturday

Hoping for some Solomun resales for the loft.

I'll PM you about some free parties we may go to that aren't massively publicised.

Doing the Loft twice this year for ADE:
  • Thursday with Enrico Sangiuliano, KAS:ST, Olympe and SAMA b2b Secret Cinema
  • Sunday with Adriatique b2b Solomun from open to close

Doing the Loft twice this year for ADE:
  • Thursday with Enrico Sangiuliano, KAS:ST, Olympe and SAMA b2b Secret Cinema
  • Sunday with Adriatique b2b Solomun from open to close
You are one of the few with tickets for sunday loft then, congrats! Still looking for the sunrise tickets...

Went to Keinemusik party on Thursday evening, what a great party that was.

Played beautiful music all night long, many new tracks since i saw them at voodoo more than a month a go, and crowd was great. Unreal vibes.

And maybe most importantly, they sold out in less than a day however the place was at best 70% capacity. Huge respect to the crew for not being tempted by greed.

This was my first time going ADE with friends and it was amazing. The atmosphere in the clubs etc was something else, no trouble or anything, felt like everyone who was there wanted to be instead of at some events I feel people are there for the sake of it or because everyone else is / has been going. I didn't really speak / see too many English and found there was a lot of American's. The clubs are very good as well, production was brilliant and the amount of people in the clubs was well controlled, not over sold. Will definitely go again.

ADE review after a few days of recovery..

Friday started on the rooftop of the W Hotel with a party organised by Beatport with Louie Vega and Dennis Quin, was a pretty nice pre-party but we left early to get back to our hotel and fresh up for Loveland x Paradise.
Got in around 00:30 and Giorgia Angiulli was playing. I won't say she's bad, but what a mismatch with the brand and audience of Paradise. Especially at that time before Chris Stussy. It was like walking in at Awakenings. No one was dancing, everyone was like WTF and when she was finally done at 02:00 people were boo-ing. I know that should have been very sad to her, but the programmer is to blame I guess.
Chris Stussy just started playing from silence with a funky track like the party just started and that's how it felt like too. Good strong set and he got the audience going again. Then Jamie Jones & Marco Carola b2b was good as you would expect.

Saturday we woke up quite early and went to Elrow. Normally Elrow is two days in a indoor venue but this year it was one day in a huge tent outdoor, kinda like a mini-Elrow Town Festival. While everyone knows I like Elrow this was kinda dissapointing since the specific tent and theme had already been in Amsterdam twice now for their festivals. Also outdoors in Amsterdam means no confetti due to the environment. Line up was okay, enjoyed Prunk b2b Manda Moor and Kerri Chandler but left around 19:00 to go to Mystic Garden & Dockyard. Later we heard that there were 4 pepperspray incidents at Elrow...unfortunately this happens every ADE at the big events.
Mystic / Dockyard is also a double outdoor festival, but as the weather was good it was enjoyable. Stayed in the Fuse tent with Enzo Siragusa and again Stussy mostly. Had tickets for the Fuse afterparty at Bret but decided to skip that cause we were too tired.

Sunday evening was for Solid Grooves and I can see why this has been such a popular party on the island this year. Dennis Cruz had the crowd going from the beginning, followed by Hot Since 82, Pawsa, Nicole Moudaber and last but not least Michael Bibi. I know a lot of you will not agree with me, but he delivered for sure. A close to the original edit of Snap - Rhythim is a dancer made the venue nearly explode and then he closed with Fatima Yamaha - What's a girl to do. Also this venue was used for DGTL the days before and the lightshow was really good. Highlight of this years ADE for me.

PS; All mentioned ADE parties I've been to seemed oversold this year :(

Last edited:
What are you gonna do? Any secret hints? :)
My schedule is sooo full, difficult do decide.

I hope you’re flying back to Ibiza afterwards to complete the season (halloween) you part timer!
gotta move out of the villa and collect a cat, so will be back for sure!
What are you gonna do? My schedule is sooo full, difficult do decide.
happy to go with the flow as it's my first time, but would be good to tick-off Gashouder, Shelter and The Loft

Hit Chin Chin last night for PIV and then moved onto A'dam Tower for Appetite. Nice little introduction. Not too messy and not a late night either. More business today and then tomorrow things ramp up a bit
How was Appetite? Always wanted to go to A'dam Tower but always seems to clash with other things I've got booked, plus not out there until friday, so missed it

How was Appetite? Always wanted to go to A'dam Tower but always seems to clash with other things I've got booked, plus not out there until friday, so missed it
Really like the space and it was a good crowd. Lots of Brits, but plenty of Dutch too. Great views across the city, obscured slightly by the rain. Added bonus that I am staying 100 yards away

Staying at the Adam Tower this weekend so if anyone wants to say hello :D
Tonight Monkey Project with BlondIsh in Loft, tomorrow Fuse daytime and then He She They in Shelter.
Waiting for confirmation to be able to do a sunday morning thing in the Crane and then I might be heading to Days Like NIghts in Raw Factory since I won some tickets for that.

Bit of a crawl tonight. Ending up at Eastenderz. Tomorrow Defected, Panama and probably ending up at HE.SHE.THEY.
Got to shoot off early on Sunday, so need to keep it fairly local

Bit of a crawl tonight. Ending up at Eastenderz. Tomorrow Defected, Panama and probably ending up at HE.SHE.THEY.
Got to shoot off early on Sunday, so need to keep it fairly local
Did you like He She They in Shelter? It was a bit too hard techno for me.

Back