A quick ish review of my first visit to the island

Marts73

So, here goes a quick ish review of my first visit to the island.
We arrived on the 4th August. From the cab drive from the airport to the hotel I’d already made my mind up I was in love with the place. Looking at all that greenery going into the mountains was just spectacular.
Our first hotel was Hotel Puchet. Nice enough and we were only staying for a night. A bit Love Island ish round the pool but great for people watching.
Following morning we went to the hotel Palladium Palmyra. This was a step up. Lovely staff, gorgeous hotel. No complaints.
First bar we tried was Tulp which was more or less next door. Reasonable prices, right on the beach front and hearing tunes like Frankie Knuckles - Tears ticked all the right boxes for us.
The beach close to the hotel was surprisingly sparse of people. We were expecting it to be full but we ended up here most days. The sea was gorgeous, clear and refreshing.
Our highlights were Pikes for Nightmares On Wax where we had a fantastic dinner followed by meeting a lovely couple that we have now kept in touch with and planning to meet up in London in October. Had a proper couple of dances but could only deal with 20 minute bursts of action. I like a bit of space to boogie but only had enough space for a bit of hand clapping and hip shaking. Still, no complaints from me.
We had dinner at La Torre. Again, just magical. Managed to get a shady table next to the bar as the sun was still belting down. Great food and service. Fantastic sunset and music. A lovely couple behind us took a photo of us at the sunset and then sent it to us. It knocked us out. The same couple gave us a lift home after we waited for a non existent cab. These things make a holiday for us.
Other things we will never forget = chilled out boat trip round some beaches. Snorkelling in the sea to a great soundtrack. Perfect. My wife getting me to go in the slingshot when I’m really a bumper cars boy. Dancing in the sand. Watching lizards. The list goes on.
We will come back next year but for two weeks. We hardly did a fraction of what I had on my list and we only scratched the surface of what Ibiza has to offer. So, for our first visit and honeymoon we will never forget how happy everyone is and the natural beauty of the place. I could bore the pants off anyone about our week. But there’s so many layers to Ibiza . And thanks to the guys here for all the advice and info. Makes all the difference. X
5F59CB8C-E52B-42F9-BC3D-2560C2B686FC.jpeg

So, here goes a quick ish review of my first visit to the island.
We arrived on the 4th August. From the cab drive from the airport to the hotel I’d already made my mind up I was in love with the place. Looking at all that greenery going into the mountains was just spectacular.
Our first hotel was Hotel Puchet. Nice enough and we were only staying for a night. A bit Love Island ish round the pool but great for people watching.
Following morning we went to the hotel Palladium Palmyra. This was a step up. Lovely staff, gorgeous hotel. No complaints.
First bar we tried was Tulp which was more or less next door. Reasonable prices, right on the beach front and hearing tunes like Frankie Knuckles - Tears ticked all the right boxes for us.
The beach close to the hotel was surprisingly sparse of people. We were expecting it to be full but we ended up here most days. The sea was gorgeous, clear and refreshing.
Our highlights were Pikes for Nightmares On Wax where we had a fantastic dinner followed by meeting a lovely couple that we have now kept in touch with and planning to meet up in London in October. Had a proper couple of dances but could only deal with 20 minute bursts of action. I like a bit of space to boogie but only had enough space for a bit of hand clapping and hip shaking. Still, no complaints from me.
We had dinner at La Torre. Again, just magical. Managed to get a shady table next to the bar as the sun was still belting down. Great food and service. Fantastic sunset and music. A lovely couple behind us took a photo of us at the sunset and then sent it to us. It knocked us out. The same couple gave us a lift home after we waited for a non existent cab. These things make a holiday for us.
Other things we will never forget = chilled out boat trip round some beaches. Snorkelling in the sea to a great soundtrack. Perfect. My wife getting me to go in the slingshot when I’m really a bumper cars boy. Dancing in the sand. Watching lizards. The list goes on.
We will come back next year but for two weeks. We hardly did a fraction of what I had on my list and we only scratched the surface of what Ibiza has to offer. So, for our first visit and honeymoon we will never forget how happy everyone is and the natural beauty of the place. I could bore the pants off anyone about our week. But there’s so many layers to Ibiza . And thanks to the guys here for all the advice and info. Makes all the difference. X
View attachment 14530
Brillaint review and congratulations 👌

The sunset from there is like a yellow/golden carpet to the sun from infront of the terrace 😍

can you expand at all on hotel Puchet🤣 staying for the first time in a couple of weeks!

Location/clean tidy etc 😁?

can you expand at all on hotel Puchet🤣 staying for the first time in a couple of weeks!

Location/clean tidy etc 😁?
Yeah. We were only there for the night but we found it great. Room was clean and tidy. Everything you need. Nice pool but mostly people watching in their 20s hanging out there. When we went down they were cool. Decent pool bar. The hotel bar was cool as well. Great gin and tonics. Unfortunately, we crashed at some point and missed dinner! 🤣
It’s very close to the beach. 5 minute walk and equally close to few reasonable bars. A shop right next door to the hotel is very handy and a 10 minute walk gets you down to the egg roundabout. No complaints from us .

Yeah. We were only there for the night but we found it great. Room was clean and tidy. Everything you need. Nice pool but mostly people watching in their 20s hanging out there. When we went down they were cool. Decent pool bar. The hotel bar was cool as well. Great gin and tonics. Unfortunately, we crashed at some point and missed dinner! 🤣
It’s very close to the beach. 5 minute walk and equally close to few reasonable bars. A shop right next door to the hotel is very handy and a 10 minute walk gets you down to the egg roundabout. No complaints from us .
Thanks mate sounds promising!!

Back