A month off work....what to do?!

Evolution

Just had my holiday confirmed at work and now have pretty much the whole of September off. I am heading to Ibiza on 31st Aug and was planning on just spending the majority of my time there.
However decided that the world is a much bigger place and may aswell use the time better and see some other places.

Does anyone have any decent suggestions for places to go either for a few days / week which has pretty good connections so i can easily move on to my next location?
Looking for a mix or tourist / tranquill places with lots to do and see.
Anywhere over Europe is the idea....cost doesnt matter all that much as my July bonus will be paying for it all :p

On a more serious note, I was lucky enough to visit Montreux last Month.

Really beautiful place with spectacular scenery, great restaurants and plenty to do.

Sleazyjet flight to Geneva and a little hire car / taxi. Job done.

8)

Southern Spain, Gibraltar and Morocco There all close together kill 3 birds with one stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not spend a full balearic month then? start in mallorca, visit all the island by rental car, then hop on a ferry over to ibiza and enjoy as much time there as you want and after partying during the closings, relax a few days in formentera before you fly back home!!!

Does anyone have any decent suggestions for places to go either for a few days / week which has pretty good connections so i can easily move on to my next location?

I personally would do ibiza partying, sightseeing, and chilling for a couple of weeks, and then head to Formentera and do nothing but chill for a week or so. Itll help restore the braincells and its lovely in September 8) Plus the connection couldnt be any easier ;)

Just had my holiday confirmed at work and now have pretty much the whole of September off. I am heading to Ibiza on 31st Aug and was planning on just spending the majority of my time there.
However decided that the world is a much bigger place and may aswell use the time better and see some other places.

Looking for a mix or tourist / tranquill places with lots to do and see.
Anywhere over Europe is the idea....cost doesnt matter all that much as my July bonus will be paying for it all :p

I did a road trip through Europe last year. I would highly recommend Switzerland!

Along with Spain you could easily fit in France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy.

I've been to Ibiza for the last 4 years and seen alot of the island and experienced most of the night-life.
Though it'd be good to try something different seeing as though I have both the time and the money, might not get the opportunity again.

Will definitely be looking at the interrail option, seems like a good idea. :D

i'm still paying for my conveniently timed garden leave during the world cup, so stay away from betfair, paddy power, william hill, coral.....

Got my flight to Ibiza booked already so i'll definitely be there for the first few days then Ferry to Barca i think and the interrail commences.

Been busy at work allday working....on where to go :D

Back