A great Sunday daytimer - Casita Verde

Max Planck

I had a quick search on this board to see if anyone else had mentioned it, but it seems not!

Every Sunday (from 14:00 till sunset) there's an open day at Ibiza's Ecological Centre, La Casita Verde. Full details are at http://www.greenheart.info/english/projects_casitaverde.htm

Casita Verde is set in a beautiful valley near San Jose. It's purpose is to act as an educational tool for demonstrating examples of alternative lifestyle methods. You'll be inspired to think about (and hopefully improve) your own lifestyle!

Some unique features of Casita Verde are buildings made entirely from recycled materials, use of alternative energy (solar & wind power),
recycling and compost making and cultivation of medicinal plants and herbs. This is just the tip of the iceberg, as there are always so many more things going on.

The open day includes a delicious lunch and organic juices which you pay for by donation (10-15€ helps!) and there is a thought-provoking tour of the facilites plus superb acustic music sessions which add to the wonderful ambience of the centre. All work is carried out by volunteers, under the watchful eye of the eclectic coordinator, Chris Dews.

I'm over in Ibiza again this weekend and can't wait to attend the Sunday special at Casita Verde, and to catch up with the lovely folk there - the talented Greenheart crew.

Make the effort to get out there sometime if you can, it's really worth it and it just might make you into a better being on this precious planet of ours.

Big hugs,

Max

Max Planck said:
Some unique features of Casita Verde are buildings made entirely from recycled materials
did you see the house/igloo made of empty glass bottles? fantastic!! :p

Yep! It's a brilliant little room - insde the light coming from the bottles and the old satellite as a roof give it a great vibe...

I've dug out a couple of photos from a past visit.
The bottle house was getting filmed at the time and hence a bit busy inside!
Then follows sunday jam session and view from above towards the san bay...

bottlehouse.jpg

cas_verde.jpg

cverdeview.jpg

Cheers, Max

Max Planck said:
Yep! It's a brilliant little room - insde the light coming from the bottles and the old satellite as a roof give it a great vibe...

bottlehouse.jpg
another picture taken inside:

the-bottle-pile-interior.jpg

:eek:

Good shot!

Nice one McRackin, you certainly captured the bottle house in its glory! How was your visit?

I hope to catch up with the Casita Verde crew at the end of the year when we are planning to visit Ibiza once again.

Does much happen on new year's eve? Not so much into the big clubs, but smaller more intimate do's with a nice bunch of people would suffice!

All the best, Max

Max Planck said:
beautiful landscape, even nicer now in winter when its all green!! :D

we passed next to the casita verde 10 days ago when we went to sa capelleta. take a look..........

:arrow: http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=3914887&link_code=sa01_17http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=2907203&link_code=sa01_17

.......... its worthwhile to go up there if you visit this area!! :idea:

Max Planck said:
Does much happen on new year's eve? Not so much into the big clubs, but smaller more intimate do's with a nice bunch of people would suffice!
if you take a look to the winter clubbing forum you will find some info about various interesting places!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Casita verde visit

Ahhh yes! Good photos in the link - looked like a lovely day for a trip up the hill... excellent views. Must take the hike myself when I'm next over.

Speaking of which... just putting the final plans together for a visit to Ibiza and the Sunday open day at Casita Verde on the 9th of January 2005 (with a new moon to boot!).

Not going to make NYE after all, but hope you have a great one over there. Que te lo pases dabuti !

All the best to all the Spotlighters for 2005 as well.
Watch out for the rumoured full solar eclipse in october!

Cheers, Max

on a curious and very random note cana taida (nowadays known as casita verde) is where the godmother of my mother used to live!! ;)

Casita-Verde_72.jpg

Due to visit again soon!

Well, time has been steadily ticking away and it's not long until we bring over another group for our Green Ibiza tour.

We'll be in Ibiza from 9th of September with a visit to Casita Verde planned for their wonderful lunch and centre tour on Sunday 11th September. Can't wait as the food is some of the best I've ever eaten! Must be all that EM (Effective Micro-Organisms) they have in their water supplies. More info about casita verde at www.greenheart.info.

See our planned program here.

Cheers, Max

Ibiza Sonica at casita verde

From the Greenheart website news:

Local radio station and Greenheart Music supporter, Ibiza Sonica 95.2FM, will be broadcasting LIVE from Casita Verde this Sunday, 28th January, from around 2pm till 6pm.

Come on up and join us for this special addition to our regular Sundays at Casita Verde. Don't forget your warm winter woollies! If you can't make it up, tune in via their internet audio stream from the Ibiza Sonica website.

See you there!
Cheers, Max

18_casita_verde_2.jpg

Ida y vuelta!

This one got postponed and is now happening on Sunday 4th March!

Let the sun shine in!

Cheers, Max

^^^ of course kids are welcome.

i was there for the first time in june this year, really a nice place!

Back