a good or a bad thing.

i remember being shocked,excited,amazed buy styles and people..clothing, shows etc my first time on the island in 98.
last year and also a couple of years ago it felt like some of the fun and buzz had been replaced with money and
vip poncy-ness.. (if thats even a word...lol)

i think the vibe and buzz that house,trance,dance music bought to the island is dwindling..

some of the musical trends that are showing their heads on the island... those that got places like ayia napa a bad reputation hopefully wont kill off the wonderfull vibe that the island had for me and im sure many others.

i suppose the best way i can discribe it...
most music has feelings that it bring out in the listener.
rock tends towards the agressive. for example.

to be honest i cant stand R&B and the "all my bling" type style that comes with it..

now i know some have the view that house and trance/dance music bought a drugs culture to ibiza but at least for the most part that didnt bring a gangland type culture with it.

i suppose what worries me is the "be happy" type feeling that has always gone hand in hand with house,dance music seems to be being pushed to the left a little by the "my gang" -- "my entourage"..
"all my money" type feeling...

the house music genre has helped to make ibiza into a clubbing mecca world wide i hope it stays that way..

I know exactly what you mean, clubs etc chasing the $$$$. Why pay a few hundred euros for a VIP area so you can sit down, its called dance music for a reason, I like to think even if I was loaded I wouldnt bother. The problem starts when you dilute the artists coming to the island, like Rihanna, and more mainstream stuff who bring all their entourage and bling, its not nice to see.

Agree with some of your post but my friend out there for the first time texted earlier in the week saying he can't get his head round the attitude of lads in a straight environment "Everyone lad looks like they want to **** eachother, even when you try to offend people-they just laugh, give you a hug and a kiss/high five"

Looking at old videos you can see 'weird' clothing fashions and styles, maybe this isn't as evident today but you couldn't wear half the stuff, and feel comfortable on alot of high streets/towns in Britian that you see people in Ibiza sporting.

Back