A few questions from a first-timer!

OK, I realise the answers to some of these questions may seem a little obvious to most of you but bear with me! First time in Ibiza this August and want to make the most of it in the limited time available (1 week). I'm reading all the threads (and the main website) to get some ideas about which clubs to go to and when but I'd quite like to know some more practical info if poss.

Firstly, given that I hear it's going to be expensive getting into clubs, drinking, and everything else (especially during August), how practical is it to get slightly merry at the villa before going out? I guess what I'm trying to say is will there be a problem getting into clubs if you're not quite coherent? Not planning to get wasted or anything but I do like a bit to drink usually so would be good to know. Do you generally drink less when in the big clubs due to price/endurance reasons? (By the way, I'm not into the drug scene - so far!).

Secondly, what do people think about renting cars? I had assumed we’d just stick to buses/taxis but I’ve heard a couple of people mention that cars were essential for them. Just wondering whether it’s worth it especially as we’d have to leave it in random places overnight after a club etc.

I’ve got a few more but I’ll keep them for later!

Thanks!

Newbie.

OK, I realise the answers to some of these questions may seem a little obvious to most of you but bear with me! First time in Ibiza this August and want to make the most of it in the limited time available (1 week). I'm reading all the threads (and the main website) to get some ideas about which clubs to go to and when but I'd quite like to know some more practical info if poss.

Firstly, given that I hear it's going to be expensive getting into clubs, drinking, and everything else (especially during August), how practical is it to get slightly merry at the villa before going out? I guess what I'm trying to say is will there be a problem getting into clubs if you're not quite coherent? Not planning to get wasted or anything but I do like a bit to drink usually so would be good to know. Do you generally drink less when in the big clubs due to price/endurance reasons? (By the way, I'm not into the drug scene - so far!).

Secondly, what do people think about renting cars? I had assumed we’d just stick to buses/taxis but I’ve heard a couple of people mention that cars were essential for them. Just wondering whether it’s worth it especially as we’d have to leave it in random places overnight after a club etc.

I’ve got a few more but I’ll keep them for later!

Thanks!

Newbie.

Dont worry about getting in to clubs after having a few. Obviously try not to vomit as you go in or, shout silly things at the top of your voice, but as long as seem in a happy mood and not likely to cause agro you'll be ok.

I think renting cars can be a good idea if your planning on visiting the island on your days off clubbing, or if one of your mate doesn't drink. If you're sharing a cab between 4 you'll find taxis arent that expensive and theres also decent bus connections.
I guess if youre staying in a villa in the middle of nowhere then renting a car is essential.

If I were you I would def do the majority of the drinking before you head into the clubs... Drinks can expensive so I would normally sit in the apartment a have a few to get me ready for the night of immense raving that is about to take place.

As far as the car goes, I think it would be a good idea (Im not sure about prices or anything)
I was invited to a party in a villa on my first year and trying to get a taxi to a) take me out to it and b)when I eventually got one, follow my directions proved difficult.

I did hear that some taxis will pick you up and drop you off at the villa if you pay them a set price at the begining of your hoiday but you would need to do a bit of research about this as I'm not 100% about it.

Hope this helps.

J

I'd hire a car for sure. I can't imagine going to ibiza and not hiring a car. .. unless you don't want to see any of the island. I always rent one. Even if its just yourself, they are pretty cheap and the best way( the only way to get to some places) to get around.

Thanks for the info about drinking - will definitely be having a few in the villa and cheaper bars before hitting the clubs so it's good to be reassured that's the done thing.

As far as car rental goes, I can see it will obviously be a necessity for getting around the island during the day etc. Just have to convince the others it's a worthy expenditure now! What do you car renters usually do at night time though? Would you drive to the club and leave it there or just get taxis?

I've gotten 5-seater vehicles in the range of 25 euros/day (or less) for each of the past few years. It's a relatively small expenditure, really, especially if you're sharing it with people.

Stupid question likely to hail the response of "look around" but where have you found them that cheap from? At the mo the cheapest I've found is about 240 euros for 8 days (which is only 30 euros/day I guess, although only for a crappy 3 door Ka) from www.doyouspain.com. Looked at some other websites but these seem cheapest, ignoring some of the sketchy feedback I've read about them.

Back