8 - 14 Sept Ibiza Virgin Advice Please

mtlaney09

Hello all. My wife and I are headed to Ibiza for the first time 8-14 Sept. We are in our late 20's and still love to push it up. Our favorite genre is progressive/electronic house and a little trance. Just trying to make sure that we don't miss anything or waste a night let me know what your thoughts are on the schedule.

9 Sept (Tue): Pacha 67 sailboat (seems chill and fun) followed by Carl Cox at Space (seems like a must attend).
10 Sept: Not sure but if we go on the Pacha 67 sailboat it comes with entry tickets to Pacha and the only show we would be free for is Aoki (not super excited about him, is he worth seeing?).
11 Sept: Armin at Ushuaia followed by Cream at Amnesia. (I'm most excited about Cream based on the DJs).
12 Sept: ?
13 Sept: ?

Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also going with my girlfriend that week (and the following) for the first time! Interested to hear the advice. I'm not really massively into electronic music so I don't know 95% of the acts playing so it's difficult for me to choose..

Also going with my girlfriend that week (and the following) for the first time! Interested to hear the advice. I'm not really massively into electronic music so I don't know 95% of the acts playing so it's difficult for me to choose..
I'm also heading over around then with the wife (who has never been). Staying in ibiza town 3-12 sept. Last time I was over for clubbing was nearly 10 years ago (we're 32).

I quite fancy a beach / boat party, but anY hints/tips/advice on what to go to, or to avoid, would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Going the same week. I recommend looking here, most nights are listed -
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

If you're into trance, Sunk is a great offering but it's on Tuesday so clashes with Space. That said, in the day there is Captured festival, which looks blinding. Crasher did have some good line ups, but it all seems to have gone to shit.

Wednesday I'll personally be heading to Crasher for Garlands Bedlam (assuming the club is still open) as it's my regular haunt back home. That said, I am tempted by Suara's night at Booom, and Dusky are playing DC10. Decisions, decsions.....

I'd leave Aoki though. Lovely bloke, but as a DJ its all about his gimmicks. Not sure if the fact it's Pacha will make the crowd a little more sophisticated, but last year at Amnesia it was full of kids and stupidly overcrowded for his set. I note the Chainsmokers are also playing that night too, avoid avoid avoid...

If you're into your more mainstream prog/electro house, there's also the Departures closing party on Wed, with Axwell and Ingrosso.

Friday there's Ferry Corsten's Full On night at Space, support from Bassjackers, should be a nice mix between trance and prog house. There's also Judgement Fridays, for some reason at Es Paradis this year.

Saturday is a dead end in terms of club nights for me. Going to just hit the bars I reckon.

Hope that is of some help!

Back