6 nights in Ibiza 8th-14th September

Aaron D84

Hello,

First post i've been lurking on this forums for a while and never posted but really wanted somewhere to get down what happens on my upcoming trip to Ibiza somewhere to look back on and get my memories down

This won’t be my first trip to Ibiza but i never knew about the forums before and have spent most of this year reading but not posting. Last summer myself and a few friends decided that we were going to go to Ibiza in September this year. There is going to be myself, my girlfriend and 3 of our mates. My girlfriend and two of my mates have never been to Ibiza before. We are all massive trance fans and go to nights out up and down the UK every month and have been to plenty of larger and smaller scale events abroad, mainly in Holland on numerous occasions between us, so we have decided to book up for a group package called Island of Trance put on by various clubs in the UK which we go to on a regular basis. It basically covers bed and breakfast and then tickets to a few clubs and the week (well 6 nights) means we would be flying on Sunday 8th September and returning to the UK on Saturday 14th. Not quite a full week, but without flights it cost us about £319 each for the week for a weeks bed and breakfast in Hotel Tropical in San Antonio and included various discounts etc and also included other things. Included in the package were the following:

• Tickets to Full On at Eden on the Sunday feat Bass Jackers, Sied van Riel, Jordan Suckley, John O’Callaghan and Ferry Corsten,
  • Tickets and transport to A State of Trance at Privilege on the Monday feat Shogun, Antillas, Andy Moor, Markus Schulz, Armin van Burren and Aly & Fila
  • Tickets and transport to Cream at Amnesia on the Thursday with Gareth Wyn, Jordan Suckley, Orjan Nilesn and Above & Beyond

The package is pretty much the nights we would have went too had we booked separately anyway so was a bargain so we booked a double and triple room. The lineups are decent enough, some DJs i'm not too bothered about seeing i can’t wait too see but as with Ibiza it’s more about the atmosphere and clubs than the lineups and i can't wait to get there.

The last 8 months have been spent saving up as much spending money as possible however knowing that our tickets were already sorted before hand it meant that it hasn't been as bad and should not be as expensive as previous. I’ve spent the months just looking at the forums and thinking about things to do during the week. I knew it would be difficult given we would be at a club for at least half of the time we were there and my mates would be wanting to do loads in between given it was their first time, but we also wanted to try keep it cheap. We decided that there were 2 more things that had to be done whilst we were there. Both of these things were boat orientated. After browsing the forums we decided that renting a boat from Star Boats would be one, and the other thing was a Boat Party and knew the perfect one...You guessed it a trance boat party. We have heard nothing but good things about the Driftwood events so decided that was going to be the one. Bought tickets months ago and sat waiting not so patiently to see who would be on the boat as they still hadn't announced the guest DJs yet. They announced that on Friday with Ronski Speed and too our surprise Matt Hardwick. This is one of the best things that could have happened really. For absolutely years Matt was my favourite DJ and i've lost count of the times ive saw him but he retired a few years ago to concentrate on his law career so to have him out there in the intimacy of a boat party will be special.

Previously most of my clubbing in Ibiza had been done at Amnesia and for some reason i’d never been to Space and decided that this year would be my first visit there, House music isn’t my thing so i’d never done We Love before, and i knew that we already had the Sunday sorted so we checked out the lineups. I don’t mind techno however i’m quite particular about it, I used to absolutely love UMEK and have saw him before years and years ago b2b with Valentino Kanzyani but i know his style has changed so decided that the night to go to would be Carl Cox at Space on the Tuesday feat the man himself, Umek, Adam Beyer, Guy J, Fatboy Slim, I figured with the big man on it would be a great night so there was one thing down i really wanted to do. We decided then to do the “VIP” upgrade for island of Trance which meant for £50 more we got a few other extras including another boat party this time organised by the club nights behind the package which would have been costing €40, and also included tickets to Carl Cox at Space so we upgraded as this would be another saving.

Driftwood have also planned another event "Captured Festival" at the zoo on the Wednesday with a quite spectacular lineup if you love trance in association with Island of Trance so the 6 nights where half of the week was going to be relaxed has pretty much turned into a week where we will be out every night. God knows what state i'll be in come the Friday which is the only night we won't be at a club/event.

As the months have passed more and more people who we know from the UK have started booking up making the trip even more appealing. A few had booked onto the same package, then other people were booked up the same week. All in all i would guess we will know about 15 other people at least going out that week. All of whom are doing the same nights we are..or at least intend too.

Our flights are booked for 6:45am this Sunday and we have pretty much everything we need for the trip. The only thing lacking now is a bit of patience but we are in the home straight with just under a week to go i decided i would write the start of this review. With the aim of writing it when i get back. We will see how motivated i am to do so but this is a start. Will also be interesting seeing how in depth the review goes compared the the mammoth essay i've wrote here when my brain doesn't work properly when i get back. We will also see if i stick to the planned events which are...

Sunday - Full On Ferry @ Eden
Monday - Driftwood Boat Party followed by ASOT at Privilege
Tuesday- Carl Cox @ Space
Wednesday - Googreef Boat Party followed by Captured Festival @ The Zoo
Thursday - Cream @ Amnesia
Friday - Die

Back