5Th Sept. SHM or Tiesto???

Hozo

Hey Everyone,

Its my first time to ibiza coming from Cairo,Egypt. having trouble deciding on monday night!!! which party to crash SHM or Tiesto given that i arrive at ibiza 10 pm and i only have 4 nights to party!!! so which shld be the monday night of my life :D:D:D::lol:

My first time in Ibiza too! Had the same Monday quandry, decided on Tiesto, experiencing Privilege swinged it for me. Plus I heard SHM @ Pacha gets crazy busy.

Personally, I wouldn't do either... I'm there on this date and think we are going to dc10 and cocoon... however... back to your trip...

My best friend had her first trip to Ibiza in July, and I advised her to go to Tiesto at Privilege.

She loves Tiesto and I thought, from what I have heard to see a club like that filled and buzzing, with a DJ you love would be amazing. She wasn't disappointed and had a fantastic night.

I would skip SHM. Pacha packed is a nightmare, and check out Tiesto. If your into that sort of music you will more than likely have a great night.

Apologies if I'm rambling, not long got up...

8)

Have a great trip...!

If you like pumping techno, and all things dark and mysterious, check out DC10 and Cocoon (I may be wrong with what they actually play, but it's very different to SHM / Tiesto)

I'd go with Tiesto. It's a good night, and the club is an amazing club (bar the toilets, which seriously need some work)

DC10 - then Cocoon! You know you want to.

This is one of my pet hates about this forum.
Someone will ask which night to go out of a possible few which are in clear genres (house / progressive / trance) in this case and will say neither...go to DC10 / Cocoon (techno).

If you can't help the person decide which of the two they want to go to...why chirp up all the time with a completey different suggestion.

Isn't a direct dig at you Shane...everyone does it.

Someone will ask which night to go out of a possible few which are in clear genres (house / progressive / trance) in this case and will say neither...go to DC10 / Cocoon (techno).

If you can't help the person decide which of the two they want to go to...why chirp up all the time with a completey different suggestion.

I don't :lol: too much, anyway ;)

Think that way and you'll never try anything new. I wasn't too keen on dubstep until I went to an actual dubstep night and felt the bass shaking my insides. :D I'm not keen on Biffy Clyro but went to see them at Ibiza Rocks and had a fab night... I thought Fatboy Slim was 'past it' but went to see him at Mallorca Rocks and had an amazing time (discovering TEED in the process). I'll often give people suggestions which may deviate a little from they want. Up to them if they try them or not, but sometimes it's worth doing something you may not have considered. There's nothing like not expecting much from a night then getting something fantastic.

*rant over*

I agree. If people don't want rounded comments they are free to say "no other issues considered - please limit your comments to the specific question asked".

Surely the question-poser is the right person to make comments about the type of responses received rather than other people looking on and reading the thread ?

This question includes the comment "so which shld be the monday night of my life :D:D:D::lol:" .. surely readers who think neither night would achieve that ought to be free to suggest one which might instead, unless instructed not to in the original question..

else they could just give a grumpy "neither" instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW ...

just for the record I reckon you could have the Monday night of your life at either or any. Provided ...

1) You get it that you make the night - the night itself doesn't do it for you

2) You're in your own good company (if you like that) or you're in the company of people you get on with and everyone is up for making the most of every minute

3) You maintain a positive attitude when things go wrong or the music's not quite what you thought it would be .. and let your child-like joy flow free when your expectations are met or exceeded.

and

4) if worst comes to worst and it's dire you hit the road and move on to another party to make darned sure you get that great time you're looking for.

Unless the music is the be all and end all of the evening the club atmosphere, 'theme' of the lineup and crowd are just as important as the music or venue. Rarely are these factors explicitly discussed when responding to peoples' questions.

With the right crowd, decent music and few bevvies I could have the night of my life in a car park. The club's just the icing on the cake.

Back