2011 round up

Robder

Following on from 'how's your year been?'

Best night out: NYC Downlow at Glastonbury

Best night out to date: Universe/Big Love 1996 & Space's birthday in 2000 & Trade's last dance at Turnmills 2008

Club venue of the year: XOYO (sh1t license restrictions though) & the NYC Downlow

Promoter of the year: Lucky Cloud (The Loft)

Most impressive act (non-dance): Incognito

Live act of the year: The Cure at Bestival

DJ set of the year: Coleen (Cosmo) at the Loft (June)

Track of the year: Dicky Trisco - Night Dancing (Dicky Trisco Edit) OR... Session Victim - Good Intentions

Festie of the year: Glastonbury every time

Your chosen holiday destination: Four day solitary fast up a remote mountain in Wales :lol:

Your turn...

Last edited by a moderator:
Best night out: every day at Glastonbury

Best night out to date: Sven Vath @ Cocoon, Amnesia 2003

Club venue of the year: Fabric

Promoter of the year: Rizlab @ Bestival & Glasto

Most impressive act (non-dance): Hercules and Love Affair really blew me away at Glasto this year

Live act of the year: Beyonce @ Glastonbury

DJ set of the year: Lee Foss @ Fabric birthday 2011 / Ralph Lawson @ 20:20 Vision in May

Track of the year: Steve Hurley Jack your body @ Fabric birthday / Beyonce - Halo @ Glasto

Festie of the year: Glastonbury every time

Your chosen holiday destination: Malaysia for 2 weeks in April... or Marbs with the girls in June. Can't decide between the two :twisted:

I think we can safely say that Glasto was the ultimate highlight of my year! :p

Best night out: 10 Years of Leftroom at Fabric

Best night out to date: Creamfields 1998 - Trade tent with Pete Wardman & Tony De Vit, & Sasha & Oakie live on the Essential Mix in the Courtyard tent

Club venue of the year: Fabric

Promoter of the year: Circo Loco

Most impressive act (non-dance): Ed Sheeran at Jersey Live blew me away

Live act of the year: Chase & Status just for the energy they create....

DJ set of the year: Mathias Tanzmann & Matt Tolfrey at 10 Years of leftroom night at Fabric

Track of the year: Can't decide!!

Festie of the year: Glastonbury

Your chosen holiday destination: Rio De janeiro for 5 nights incl NYE, Santa Catarina for Seb Ingrosso @ GreenValley then onto Florianapolis

Agree...Magical moment. 8)

The atmos was ridiculous when the sun came up.

I'll never forget it mate. Every set onwards from Steve Thomas, Ian M, then Pete Wardman was ridiculous and then De Vit came on, late may i add then just absolutely smashed it. Best festival set ever for me.......8)

Trade = best UK club that ever existed.

Nothing more to be said.

Sh1t - how could I omit that from my list?!?? Editing immediately. :lol:

I've borrowed most of my format from Wayno's .. just seemed to work better :lol:.

Tune of the year – Paul Kalkbrenner - Platscher Pure quality. Future classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMnLkUQcZ6c

Club of the year – Berghain, Berlin. Especially the main floor. Don't care what anyone says about it there's nowhere else I've been in years which comes close for liberal energy, atmosphere, down-to-earth crowd and pure Techno Therapy. 28+ hour Saturday nights would satisfy and lift the soul of even the most jaded techno-lover. If you can bear to limit yourself to a few hours it can actually leave you energised, grounded and restored.... after a full-on party. That's quite simply pure genius. :twisted:

Party of the year – Marco Carola 12hr Fiesta 5am-5pm on Spain's National Day @ Row 14 (Elrow), Barcelona. Possibly the happiest crowd having the most fun I've ever seen. Pure joy. :D8)

DJ set of the year: For pure technical and dancefloor quality from start to finish, Guy J 5hour set @ Macarena Club in Barcelona. Playing his very best to about 200 people. 100% up-to-date but the same feeling I got after a killer prog night in the 90s. Those who remember will understand exactly what I mean ;)

Game Changer of the year – Guy J. Definitely come of age. Dispels all perceptions that Progressive House has had its day when Guy J hits the DJ booth. Cream of the cream. :p

Excursion of the year – hiking Les Calanques near Marseilles in a heat wave and jumping off the rocks into a bracing Med. Loved every minute.

All-round destination of the year - Ibiza. Naturally. Why else would I have made 5 trips in a Season ?! xxx

Work horse of the year – Mr C. Rock star stamina keeping it really real. Much Respect.

Comeback kid – Steve Lawler – The guy's really cracked it this round. 8)

Future Hero – Maceo Plex – Hope "Maetrik" doesn't die along the way and that he has the stamina for it all after his recent mini-breakdown. :rolleyes:

Future Zero – Tiesto – you've had your day, mate. Back off gracefully now, eh ?

Best Night Out: Off Sonar: One Illusion @ W Hotel onto the Visionquest party @ Macarena Beach ending @ the opening East Ender night.

Club Venue Of The Year: Crucifix Lane - highlight was the Leftroom party after Field Day, Tolfrey, Laura Jones, Ryan Crosson & Matthew Dear all repped it good that night. Many a after-hours spent @ this venue too!

Promoter Of The Year: Planet E Communications

Live Act Of The Year: Carl Craig presents 69 @ Field Day

DJ Set Of The Year: Ryan Crosson B2B Matthew Dear @ Crucifix Lane

Track Of The Year: Danny Daze - Your Everything or Intruder - Amame (Murk feat Jei)

Album Of The Year: Martyn - Ghost People

Festival Of The Year: Sonar

Excursion Of The Year: Hiking the Mosiac Canyon, Death Valley, California.

All-Round Destination Of The Year: San Francisco - good vibe city! 8)

Future Hero: DeadEcho - 2012 releases are already looking strong!!

Future Zero: Luciano - F**k off constantly using the filter to build up, followed by a text book drop (repeat for duration of set) C**T :lol:

Best night out: Well,,,if day counts Cocoon Closing After Party at La Plage

Best night out to date: Dirty Diamonds Ibiza 2007 http://youtu.be/dCdWcXWukSA

Club venue of the year: Amnesia

Promoter of the year: Sexy N Chic

Most impressive act: The person that got me to bail them out with an air fare from Mexico

Live act of the year: Jah Wobble

DJ set of the year: Sven Vath..Cocoon After or some guy that was playing Bubbles 3 weeks ago.

Track of the year: Deniz Kurtel...The L Word (assuming it was from this year)

Festie of the year: Burning Man (even though I didn't make it this year...can I have last years?)

Your chosen holiday destination: Bali

(Considering I only get out a few times per annum, a rather lack luster offering...)

Best night out: Prob Cafe Ole @ Space, not mind blowing music but good company and wifey stayed til the end!

Best night out to date: Sasha @ Pacha (http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=7406)

Club venue of the year: Stinkys Peephouse (Leeds)

Promoter of the year: Back to Basics

Most impressive act: Frankel - the greatest racehorse in history.

Live act of the year: Roger Waters @ MEN

DJ set of the year: Howard Marks @ Back to Basics 20th birthday party, surreal.

Track of the year: pass

Festie of the year: Camping with friends @ Easter with portable music is the best I can put forward.

Your chosen holiday destination: Ibiza in winter

Best night out
Off The Rails @ Plug, Sheffield, Febuary
Digital Soceity @ O2 Academy, October

Best night out to date
The Gallery Closing Party @ Turnmills

Club venue of the year
Amnesia, Ibiza

Promoter of the year
Off The Rails (For two very, very messy nights which reminded me that High BPM Trance is still played)
Digital Society (For all the cracking nights this year, incl Schulz and Above & Beyond)
Cream (For Thursdays in Ibiza)
Forward (For giving me two DJ sets, and letting me headline room two on the 6th Jan)

Most impressive act (non-dance)
Not Sure, haven't spent enough time listening to non dance music this year

Live act of the year
Underworld

DJ set of the year
John '00' Flemming & Signum @ OTR, Febuary
Above & Beyond @ A State of Trance 500, Den Bosch
Paul Van Dyk @ Cream, Ibiza

Track of the year
Above & Beyond - Formula Rossa

Album Of The Year
Above & Beyond - Group Therapy

Festie of the year
Global Gathering

Your chosen holiday destination
Ibiza
USA

Best night out: Shed, Roman Lindau at a club I can't remember the name of in Amsterdam, more like a multi-media venue actually (or possibly tonight at WHP).

Best night out to date: A couple - Cream, Boxing Day 1997. Great atmosphere as always and Tony De Vit destroyed the annexe. Judge Jules' face was priceless having to follow that tour de force. Also Tresor's 18th Birthday, 2009.

Club venue of the year: Corsica Studios

Promoter of the year: Bleep43

Live act of the year: Shed

DJ set of the year: Roman Lindau

Track of the year: Phreek Plus One - Passion (DJ T mix)

Festie of the year: not been to any

Your chosen holiday destination: Sicily

Best night out
There has been a few......Howells & Catteneo at Liverpool cathedral for my night in April was special! Kekhahuma in September for the Crosstown party was brilliant

Best night out to date
God knows - far far too many to put just one!!

Club venue of the year
Haven't been to that many venues this year to be fair...i will always love Space despite the changes over the years

Promoter of the year
Circus (Liverpool) for consistently delivering unebeliavable line ups month after month in a venue that capacity wise should not be able to cater fianacially for those line ups.

Friendly Fires

Live act of the year
Friendly Fires again! Though Hercules and Love Affair were amazing too in a really small venue

DJ set of the year
Troxler at the aforementioned Keka night. Kenny Larkin at DC10 worth a mention too as is Laurent Garnier's LBS at Circus early in the year

Track of the year
Too hard to pick one - Little Dragon - Ritual Union (maya jane coles mix), Onuslade - Envison (ame mix) and Deetron - Star Blazer were all outstanding

Album Of The Year
Friendly Fires - Pala

Festie of the year
Cocoon in the Park was the only one i went to, and was class

Your chosen holiday destination
Spain camping for a week
Ibiza in September

Best night out
Fabric birthday 2 day session

Best night out to date
Lost Souls party in a squat type building in london bridge which i think is now a ww2 museum thing

Club venue of the year
probably fabric , whatever people say they have consistently the best in house booking policy of any club in london

Promoter of the year
Id say LWE (london warehouse events) , they have put on some massive parties this year including adam bayer/drumcod and chris liebing/clr coming up

Lana Del ray

Live act of the year
Matthew Johnson

DJ set of the year
Steve Lawler at Space 1st week september

Track of the year
Lana Del Ray - Video Games

Album Of The Year
(guilty pleasure) Ed Sheeran - +

Festie of the year
Glade or Bloc , very different but both amazing