10th Visit to Ibiza - July 17th - 24th

robbo23

Having promised myself a break from Ibiza after 9 consecutive years including working last season the lure of the white island proved too much!!
A last minute booking was done and off i went...........and it proved to be one of the best ever.
I booked a weeks stay in the Fiesta Club Playa D'en Bossa which is directly opposite Space and i have to give a big thumbs up, it was by far the best accommodation i have stayed in on the island. Very clean, great pool, great location and the food was excellent. I booked half board and it cost less than £250 for a week.

Saturday 17th

Having booked pretty bad flight times i wasnt shocked to find our room wasnt ready on arrival. We arrived around 5am and were told the room wouldnt be available until 2pm that afternoon. Having endured some fairly heavy whisky drinking on the plane we decided to find a few sofa's in the foyer and get some much needed sleep.
Managed to sleep till around 9am then asked the reception if we could possibly have breakfast. They agreed so off we went to the restaurant in the hotel and i must say the food was very good. Had a vast selection including continental and english breakfasts and you could eat as much as you like....

Managed to go sleep in the sun by the pool until the room was ready. Room was very good, had excellent air con and it was cleaned everyday. We were on the groundfloor which i dont usually like but it had a kind of back garden which was excellent for sitting in and having drinks.

After an afternoon spent at Bora Bora we went to check out the Eric Prydz party at Sands, wasnt that busy though so went for food then headed over to San An to say hello to all the people i used to work with last season. Was good to see so many familiar faces but San Antonio is horrible. It gets worse and worse. Working over there last year really made me resent the place. Went to see a friend, picked up supplies for the week and headed back for an early night...

Sunday 18th

Spent most of the day on the beach near Ushuaia and then hit Bora Bora at 5pm. Music and vibe was great and the place was really busy compared to last season. Playa Den Bossa really has improved over the last few years and i wouldnt stay anywhere else now. It really does have everything.

After drinks and spending a few hours at Bora Bora we headed to space at about 9pm. Managed to find a ticket that was 38e as long as we entered before 10pm which was quite good. Got to say Sunday @ Space was amazing, Jonathan Ulysses played a great 2 hours in the Sunset Terrace and the atmosphere was fantastic. Really uplifting stuff and i had a grin from ear to ear. Things only got better from here as Joris Voorn was superb in the discoteca, never seen him before but he is now one of my favourite dj's. Every track he played got a great reaction and it was a brilliant few hours. I have to mention also, the quality of the supplies i managed to get were vastly improved from previous years. Was told by a friend to get green rockstars and they didnt disappoint. I dont take anything back home anymore as i'm too old and cant handle the crap that has been flying around over the last few years but these were excellent. Very clean, great feeling like the ones 10 years ago, slept completely fine and didnt feel rough the next day. They were 12e each but worth every penny.

After Joris had finished Carl Craig came on....and what an entrance...a 20 minute piano duet done live which had the place in raptures. Fantasic set followed and i think i left space around 5am.

Monday 19th

A few more friends arrived today. So after meeting with them and spending time at the beach we geared up for what i had most been looking forward to.....DC10.
I havent been since 2007 and was really looking forward to it. Again, it was better than ever. Got there about 8pm and stayed until they kicked us out.
The place was busy but not rammed like it was a few years ago which was quite refreshing really, i could actually dance and not be surrounded by 10 sweaty people. And although that was part of the magic of DC10 it certainly didnt make it any less brilliant by being slightly less busy! Cassy was amazing on the terrace, the music was by far the best of the whole holiday and even eclipsed Space on Sunday...
Had a great night and left when it shut at 2am. Enjoyed a few of the sit down moments too..
Big thumbs up to 30e entry and 5e bottles of water!

Tuesday 20th

Spent the day at Salines beach which is fantastic. Had lunch at Guarana which was quite reasonably priced i thought then just lay on the beach all day listening to the music coming from Guarana behind. Perfect chilled beach tunes. The place was crawling with women and it has to be said we get a bum deal in England. I mean even the 35+ yr old spanish women were in fantastic shape and still very very attractive. Enjoyed a bit of talent spotting then headed over to San Antonio to meet some friends. Really didnt enjoy the West End and left about 2am to go see Armin and Roger Sanchez at Amnesia.
Amnesia has always been my favourite club but i picked the wrong night, couldnt get into the music in either room and it wasnt busy at all. Stayed till around 5.30am then left quite disappointed. Also felt robbed by the 11e beer i bought. I expect 10e but 11e is just taking the piss. Why have the raised the prices from last year? Maybe the bar lady kept a tip as they always seem to do in there without asking.
Anyway, gutted i picked this night.

Wednesday 21st

Spent the day just lounging around on PDB beach. Headed to Usuhaia when some Aussie told us Loco Dice and Sven were on!! Went inside for a dance and the music was brilliant. Didnt see Sven, only Loco Dice but it was still great.....except 10e beer!! Its a beach bar for christ sake!
Headed to Kehakuma at space which i thought was very good, great line up with Buttrich, Guy Gerber and others. Best set was Livio and Roby! The place was as busy as Sunday almost which is a great success story for space. Got in for free also which was good. Heard the deep techno song that everywhere seems to have been playing, has some spanish guy talking in it and some kind of horn noise. Any ideas what it is?? Heard it everywhere. Stayed in till about 4am then headed over the road to the hotel. Really is great staying opposite Space!

Thursday 22nd

Went to Salines again for the day but i was struck by severe illness or worst hangover ever. Cant decide what it was. Had to go to bed all day and didnt make it out that night. Shame really as i was planning on going to Underground but it never happened.

Friday 23rd

Had to check out at 12pm. Was still feeling very rough so didnt enjoy the early morning rush!! Had 16 hours to kill before flight home so chucked bags in the secure baggage room and decided to hop on the ferry to Formentera. I'd never been before and i was blown away. the place is beautiful and so peacefull. Went to playa de illetes and walked along a bit to Salines where the water was crystal clear and there was an armada of yachts parked just offshore! It seemed to be a few degrees hotter than ibiza too. Spent all day here and perked up from the hangover/illness. Made it back to PDB then ended up in Bora Bora and Be @ Space which was excellent!! Didnt want to leave at 2.30am but flight was calling......

All in all it was a fantastic week. I'd fully recommend the hotel and most of the nights i went to. After saying last year i wouldnt return, i'm already planning a 4 day trip in September!!

Great review, haven't been myself for a few years but might have to drag myself over again next year.

Good review,

But this...

Big thumbs up to 30e entry and 5e bottles of water!

How anyone can say 5 Euros for 250ML of water gets a thumbs up I will never know. Some people are just mugs, what can you say!

Sounds like a good one though...

because some of us accept the fact that we are in the best clubs in the world with the best dj's and things are going to cost a premium!!

if i bought a bottle of water in Sankey in Manchester it would cost £3. So i really dont think 5e is that bad at all. Plus when you think about it, even the vodka's arent that bad. Any decent bar where i live costs £3.50-£4 for a spirit and mixer. And thats a single measure.

In the clubs in IBiza you get at least a double, probably a treble. So that would cost a good £8 in England. Yes 13e is excessive, but its not that much more than back home.

Its nice to see places like DC10 being a bit more realistic about prices, but in all honesty i dont care. I'm not a mug for paying the prices, its my one week of the year i get to escape from reality. And if that costs me £1000 then **** it. Its worth it :)

... Sunday 18th
... I have to mention also, the quality of the supplies i managed to get
were vastly improved from previous years.
Was told by a friend to get green rockstars and they didnt disappoint.
I dont take anything back home anymore as i'm too old and cant handle the crap
that has been flying around over the last few years but these were excellent.
Very clean, great feeling like the ones 10 years ago,
slept completely fine and didnt feel rough the next day ...

... Thursday 22nd
... i was struck by severe illness or worst hangover ever.
Cant decide what it was.
Had to go to bed all day and didnt make it out that night. Shame really ...

Friday 23rd
... Was still feeling very rough ...

Back