10 days in Ibiza.......I think it all got a bit much!!

fhmsparkle

Well I'm now home, and have come to the conclusion if you are intending on partying hard - it may be an idea to break your holiday in to two. Maybe four days one month, four days another (well extended to five if your silo I guess :p), as I feel absolutely drained and all over the place - mentally more than physically!!

So, on to my review. I'd been so excited since January when my friend and I booked this holiday. Last year I decided a week wasn't enough and I needed longer. My friends who I went with, are not big clubbers, but don't mind hitting a few bars and then leave me to my own devices to hit up the big clubs. I joined this forum to see if I could find someone to join me in my clubbing antics as I hate going to places by myself (did Eden last year and got fed up of playing the "oh I lost my mates" trick when people asked why I was alone), so with a few contacts from here and rough plans of what was happening I set off to catch that plane to Ibiza on 2nd July.

The excitement began before we even left the airport!!! Sitting waiting for the queue to board the plane. The man I was planning to see the Wednesday night at DC-10 (Jamie Jones) plus crew sailed past for speedy boarding. I was like a kid at Christmas!!!!! When we got on the plane, I was sat a fair few rows behind him (can pick that afro out anywhere), and began to drink a little too much fizzy wine.......dutch courage kicked in to go and say hi, but when I got down there I discovered he was asleep!!! Mortified or what!!!! So I sort of muttered "errr thats Jamie Jones right?" to the guy next to him who just kind of shrugged at me. I legged it back to my chair hoping the plane would blow one of those random holes open and swallow me up. About 5 mins later he heads up the back of the plane at which point I did get to say hello. Anyway, landed, got the bags, headed for the hotel (there's more to come on this one too), and went out locally for a cheeky couple in San Antonio Bay. Ended up in Bucaneros Bar suitably tipsy (I don't really remember being here) before going back to the hotel.

This is probably the point where I should get my hotel review in as this is the lowest point. I stayed at Hotel Els Pins in San Antonio Bay, which I can only describe as one of the most confused places I have ever stayed. There are two distinct groups of people who stay there - families and large groups of people who want to party. In my mind, these two do not mix well together for obvious reasons. Still, my hotel room was clean and tidy, and the breakfast was edible. Evening meal - let's not go there. It fills a gap if you need to soak up the alcohol - but that's about it. Tasteless and boring. This is the nice part of the review.

The not so great part is their "no friends of guests" policy. Now when you check in, nobody mentions this. It's not mentioned anywhere when you book, and when I've visited friends and family and stayed at hotels in the past I've never had issues taking them to my room, or having them use the hotel facilities such as the bar (well they are spending money!). It seems that this hotel know exactly who their guests are, and anyone else is not allowed past the security guy on reception. Now I guess people may get the wrong idea about me from reading this, but if you read Silo's review - after parties weren't a problem in his hotel, or uzzy's down in PDB. After a night in Eden, I was just repaying the favour on this side of the island. So I started by asking the security guard nicely, and he said no, but it ended up in a bit of an argument. Not a long one and at no point did I get aggressive, but I just sort of said "whatever" and we left to chill on the beach instead.

Later on, once I had finished partying on the beach, and then partying with a group of other people who were also staying at the hotel (yes, they don't have a problem with their own guests causing carnage inside and don't seem to care to be honest either), I returned to my room to be spoken to (quite abruptly) by the cleaner in the hall saying that I had to go to reception. So after changing I was about to go down when I got a knock on the door and found the manager and another maid standing there asking to come in. Once inside my room he let rip at me, having a go, saying I was not to bring guests back, and that I had been rude and aggressive to his staff and he did not want guests like me so I was to leave his hotel. A discussion followed in which I wasn't really that bothered to be honest and gave a "fine, don't care anyway" response as I'd pretty much had enough of being told what to do and what not to do. I'm almost 30, being spoken to like this did not go down well with me, especially as the after party was going to be more of a chill out and discuss the evening anyway - not running around and screaming as half the hotel seemed to be doing. The result was he was going to go away and have another think. He kept me waiting 24 hours in which I felt so s****y I ended up missing ASOT. So yes if you plan to gather fellow Spotlighters together do not stay here, unless you all book in together.

Lets get to the clubbing bit shall we??

Wednesday 3rd July

Slightly foggy from all that fizzy wine on the plane, I spent my day with my friend chilling by the pool, and making plans to meet up with uzzy, rogery, and silo that evening. I decided to brave it in a taxi to PDB and meet them as I wasn't too familiar with the area, and met them at the bar next to the Hotel Garbi. I just knew we would all get along fine :) so everyone turned up, headed to the bar opposite Sankeys and I definitely felt I was among friends - even though we had all only known each other a small amount of time. Off to DC-10 then where things did get ever so hazy for me!! The dancefloor was rammed but I was loving the tunes that were being pumped out, so was quite happy to boogie about in the area just outside there by the bar - hellooooo air conditioning!!

I know Silo has explained most about this and I'm glad he did, because I was not on the island of Ibiza that was for sure!!! I do remember thinking it was a great night however, the lights were fab, the company was excellent - and I knew this week was only going to get better :)

So, after heading to uzzy's for an afterparty/evening de-brief kinda thing, then to accompany silo on to help him get his **** together (and yes I was the one on planet me previously), I fell into a taxi back to the Bay and proceeded to breathe very deeply so I wouldn't throw up all the way back.

Thursday 4th July

After spending all of the day in bed, I'd managed to get myself together to meet up with prsh and jmanny at the bus station in San Antonio to make our way over to PDB again to meet up with the guys from last night. We got the bus in to Ibiza Town, but couldn't figure out which bus we needed to get across from there to PDB - so figured again taxi was the best option but we saved ourselves a few euros by using the bus some of the way anyway :)

When arriving, it was obvious that uzzy and silo were struggling also from the previous evenings antics (ahhh I've managed not to get in a "missed your flight" joke here for silo :p), but one vodka in, along with the best ham baguette in the world ever (well it felt like it, the only thing I'd eaten all day) and I was good to go again. Tonight was Cream at Amnesia with Eddie Halliwell and Paul Van Dyk!! I couldn't falter with Amnesia again (well I went last year and don't even remember being there) so I had no choice!! A few drinks later and we head out to the club, trying to get in was a bit confusing as we had paid for the VIP balcony access tickets, so saw the entrance for VIP but couldn't get in there as it was VIP VIP VIP, not just VIP with balcony. So we queued with everyone else, and got in, got my "special" stamp which meant I could go up and down stairs to the balcony as I wanted - headed for the bar and got a beer. The place was filling up nicely, but silo only had a normal access ticket and hadn't brought trousers with him so I went down to keep him company as I don't like to see my friends left by themselves. Trying to find anyone in that place is a nightmare, the crowds were tightly packed - I would dread to think what would happen if there was a fire. For those who have met me off here, I'm not the biggest person in the world - so I had never felt so relieved to see anyone in my life when I found him!!!

So we danced the rest of the night away to Paul Van Dyk, who was such a tease!!! I think my favourite moment was when he teased us with bits from Underworld - Born Slippy, one of my favourite tunes of all time. I would have loved to see the reaction of the crowd if he would have gone for it with all the drums and that!! I also thought it was great towards the end of the night when they were dropping tunes such as Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams, because most of the crowds had gone and I could have a good old boogie and a sing song ;) everyone else had filtered away and uzzy, silo and myself stumbled out to find daylight. Yes, I had done it!!! Been to Amnesia and remembered it, and not passed out before the sun came up!!! Back to uzzy's again for a de-brief of the evening and to make sure silo got on his plane!!!!

More to come tomorrow - I still have 4 more nights of clubbing to recount - 3 of them straight in a row from these :)

Friday 5th July

Yet again, I manage to spend most of the day in bed after the epic night at Amnesia. However tonight was to be a night where I spent time with the girls who I went to Ibiza with, so we decided to chill in a few of the bars in San Antonio along the seafront. We grabbed some dinner quickly at the hotel and headed to Bay Bar, where Judge Jules was doing his pre-party before heading off to Eden for Judgement Fridays. It was reasonably quiet and the sangria was flowing well. Judge Jules and his gang turned up and spun a few tunes which I was enjoying. It was at this point one of my friends randomly went "shall we get tickets for Eden later?", so I said I would go with her and we picked some up. We dashed back to the hotel to put some clubbing gear on (I was in a dress which was a bit too "floaty" to go clubbing and sensed disaster so needed something more appropriate), and then back to Linekers for a couple of cheeky vodkas and shots to get us going. We headed to Eden about 1.30a.m. ish and it seemed like a bit of a cattle market - but having been to Eden before I could see that it had been given a lick of paint and tarted up a bit and didn't look too shabby. Went to the bar, and looked at the prices - 15 euros for a vodka and orange - which was the same as a glass of Moet champagne!! My friend was quite drunk by now so she opted for the champagne and teetered around the edge of the dancefloor whereas I headed in and got my rave on to some awesome tunes while sneakily watching my friend from the corner of my eye.

Seeing that my friend was having difficulty standing up, I went over to see if she was ok, she said no she needed to head to the bathroom so we went. As we were coming out, she clearly felt she could walk unaided, so tried and wobbled about a lot. The security noticed so they asked if I was with her and told me to look after her (Which I was trying to do but she was having none of it). I dragged her to the bar where she had the sense to get some water. She kept wandering off from me so I gave up in the end and went back to dance. I tried to keep an eye out for her but there was no sign. I carried on, found an afterparty and partied again til the sun came up.

When I met the girls later the next day, my friend said the staff at Eden had thrown her out for being quite drunk which was why she disappeared. I was surprised by this as there were a lot of people who were a lot more spaced out (not to mention paranoid) than she was acting, but they left them alone. However, they did have the sense to stay with their mates and not tip drinks all over the place while they were trying to walk. Eden 1 - my friend 0. This kind of knocked her confidence for the rest of the holiday and she wasn't the same after that.

Saturday 6th July

Today I make it down to the pool with the girls and spend the day asleep on a sun lounger in the shade - needed to get a few hours shut eye in as tonight was Hed Kandi night with prsh and jmanny!! One of my friends decides she is coming to Hed Kandi also so we doll ourselves up and head to meet the other two at Linekers for some cheap drinks offers. The club 18-30s bar crawl crashed the bar and we decided to leave as things got a bit rowdy and they started fighting among themselves. We hit Bay Bar (again), Itaca's and then Ibiza Rocks for the Hed Kandi pre party. There's a great atmosphere in here as everyone is dancing about ready to go on to the club. It was while we were in here my friend decided she was too drunk to go on and gave her ticket to some very lucky young lad at the bar. We head off to the bar to the side of Es Paradis and I realise I am quite drunk when we get in here. But we make it in to Es Paradis and I was not disappointed - I got right in there and danced all night non stop!! Even better I didn't have to spend any money at the bar!!

The reason I love Hed Kandi is because I find it all so uplifting - Lovely Laura on the sax is as good as ever and I'm enjoying singing along to Daft Punk. I leave here, not so much afterparty but a bit of a stroll along the seafront in San Antonio Bay - lovely stuff - done enough dancing - its time for bed!! With a hope I "may" make breakfast at the hotel in a couple of hours.

Back