What's going to happen to SPACE after 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what he means is there will be new parties to Space.....or rather, parties they will steal from other clubs such as Music On.

Yan pisseman love underground sound but can't fill up ushuaia with that sound , maybe he will give a try with Space as he did few years back with ushuaia when they were 4 good party à week ( dice, luciano, sasha and antz) just cross finger to not see edm clown pretending djiing

What's going to happen to SPACE after 2016?

i have no doubt this will happen under the "new management" :spank: :(
=>

... Love don't live here anymore
Just a vacancy
Love don't live here anymore

Love don't live here anymore
Just emptiness and memories
Of what we had before

You went away
Found another place to stay, another home ...

Reactions: PP
... that will happen with space, 2017 totally new building !

25876884fs.jpg
;-

Carl Cox: "My 'show' is like a big celebration, a collection to make history»
"Many musicians are becoming a little vague,
they do not use artists and instruments in their songs'

The legendary British DJ Carl Cox kicks off tonight at the Space nightclub his last'Revolution' with big news, a review of the music of his 15 years of residence in the club Platja d'en Bossa with a collection of his major themes: "Because it is important that we make history." :):cool:

What will you do now?
'Everyone asks me the same. I took 15 years of solid residence in Space since Fritz and Pepe Rosello proposed me to be part of this sensational project. The relationship has always been excellent since there have been very good understanding on both sides. It was like a marriage.

Others have tried but has never been the same because it is something very special. Even before I was clicking my residence for 4 years in Space, therefore he knew well the spirit of the club. So in total it has been 19 years.

-¿Lo Miss it?
-If much. It will be a hole in my heart. I will keep coming to Ibiza because I can not conceive the idea of not coming to the island, but it will be very strange not to go to Space. The island has always been the first, the other came later. People, food, nature, magical atmosphere have always caught me :)
Then being able to work on mine here has been great.

If still coming to Ibiza a bolo will ...
It will be different but will skittles on sites like DC10 or at a party as Marco Carola, perhaps.

I have different proposals but the main thing is to relax. I want to have time to really enjoy the island. In the last 15 years I have always been focused on that Tuesday was the best party of the island and give everything. But now I amuse myself, enjoy the island, also of Formentera, which I know very little and everyone tells me it's fantastic and I have to go.

He -¿Disfrutó in the Legends Dinner IMS Rosello?
-Of course. Pepe wanted to be. He has been in my important events so the least I could do was be with him.

Pepe Rosello is planning a new club in Sant Antoni. You will be part of it?
I'd like to think that if there is a project that can be considered Pepe go ahead. Ours is like a marriage and we're not divorced yet (laughs). There is very good chemistry, we've had our stuff of course, but we have a great relationship. I pointed out things the project and it sounds good.

-¿El Fact that it is in Sant Antoni makes it more difficult?
If it's in Sant Antoni right now it is also interesting because it is a site that is resurgent and more and more quality is improving year after year. :cool:
Some people will not even Platja d'en Bossa because it has everything you are looking for Portmany. If someone wants to Sant Antoni that's Pepe Rosello.

How do you see the shift toward luxury is living today Ibiza?
It's something of the century, I think it offers a range of very positive potential. You can eat a sandwich in a normal site for very little money and enjoy it a lot and eat a sandwich on a spectacular site for much more but with another service. This is the ying and yang incredible that the island offers.

There are still more families clubbers, that means that families still like to come to the island and feels very comfortable here.

'And how do you see the changes made in the recent years?
-The Change in infrastructure has been very important, especially on the issue of roads, driving is much safer now. The new problem is water, something that has to be solved and raise awareness of the importance posed to the island.

Are we going in the right direction?
Yes, now there is more diversity in everything. You can eat flavors from around the world: sushi (there are more than ever and is everywhere), Turkish, Italian, International € and Ibizan cuisine.

What can audiences expect from your show this summer? what's New?
It's going to be like a celebration. Most will be old-school. Many people who come want to hear the music that he knows and reminds other funny moments that happened here before, it's like a collection, it is important that we make history.

-¿La Electronic music starts to get bored because there is too much of everything?
'What happens is that many musicians are becoming a bit lazy and bored because they do not employ many artists in their songs and not much instrument in the songs. I use music in my sets. Before you could feel the essence of music and feel the magic he had in each song. This has been lost. Young people do not have so present, it is not their fault, are other times.

Is Space closing the end of an era for Ibiza?
One of the temples of electronic music of the island missing closure after 27 years in business. We spoke with the owner, Pepe Rosello, to discover the fate of the club

Just three days ago was the dance floor most coveted Mediterranean. Today the Space Ibiza parking only seems that: a parking lot. The sun beats down on the remains of glasses and bottles, forming a tapestry of sticky plastic. They are the remains of a party that brought thousands of people to celebrate the last opening of Space, the swan song of an electronic goodbye this season, after 27 years of existence.

A rises 100 meters impressive Ushuaïa, the jewel of the empire leisure Grupo Empresas Matutes is spreading Ibiza. The home next to be part of this emporium is Space. Land Matutes club belongs to the family (as much of the island) and this has decided not to renew the lease. His plan is to convert a nightclub Space in luxury, :eek: probably keeping the name (which bought five years ago) :confused:
but losing the spirit and collaborators that made it famous

The legendary DJ Carl Cox, inevitably linked to Space for more than 15 years ago, has already announced his resignation to continue in the club. "Without Pepe [Rosello, owner of Space] front, the situation is out of our control," he commented in a roundtable organized by the IMS platform dedicated to promoting electronic music which awarded this year's work Rosello. " I am being very diplomatic with these words, "he added the DJ. It was not for less. The roundtable was organized at the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, property, too, the Matutes family. He was convened under the name: "Space: End of an era".

Pepe Rosello convinced not answer when asked if this is the end of an era, but says he will be attentive to changes, one can not stand aside when it takes 55 years dedicated to this business. At the moment, observed the drift of the island (a place where the entrance to a nightclub varies between 40 and 100 euros) with some skepticism. "It's music with luxury and overspending as standard. Bombo and smoke: Ibiza marking decadence without brakes "sentence.
Certainly not mince words.
Just received the Legends Award IMS and dinner that was organized for the occasion, Rosello was calm and emotional, always flanked by Carl Cox and warmly greeting all the guests. It was the groom at the wedding and refuses to be dead at the funeral, because although Space has its days numbered, claimed Rosello in the toast, history will survive.

Space is sold as the most winning club in the world and the truth is not lacking merit. 20 awards recognize it as the best club in Ibiza six as the world four times and has been first in the ranking of precious DJMag, the magazine of reference in the sector. However Rosello, does not emphasize his resume when taking stock of these 27 years, but their history. Space on the steps of one could be found sitting Naomi Campbell, sharing step and bottle of champagne with friends.

In his famous terrace one could alternate with Jay Kay, a.k.a. Jamiroquai, as a clubber more, perched on one of their attics (and nearly have killed him if Rosello had not intervened in time). Space was the bourgeois anti nightclub par excellence, where famous place, drag queens, bohemians and clubbers from around the world shared space and sensations thanks to a formula that Rosello never tires of repeating: "Music, music and music".
See sunrise, watch sunset and watch dusk. Three of the things they like to do to those who have visited Space Ibiza.

But if it became famous for something this club, back in the nineties, was for his morning session, a party that exploited a loophole ( "forced us to close at a certain time, but could not open when we wanted," Rosello said) to patent a concept that shuns this entrepreneur: those after hours. "I call it dancing in the morning," he says with a smile, "is much cooler."

The concept was born after hours of transgression and they had a sordid environment, maintains the author of Space, arguing that they always acted "from the law." In any case the administration did not see it the same way and ended up closing the morning sessions of Space. "They have by system monitor very closely what happens in the clubs," argues Rosello, "attributing one way or another mismatches that are created in society. We are the bad guys and the most exposed, "he laments.

Although his speech has much studied, Pepe Rosello not cut the time to talk about everything and everyone, giving off their sentences freedom that give the years and finished work.
In any case, the end of Space will not necessarily mean to Pepe Rosello.
"Music has given me everything, it's time I give back something. I will work for recovery, to return to their place. " With this cryptic phrase, the creator of Space suggests that you have a project in hand, although attempts to realization by the journalist are unsuccessful.

Rosello not talk about his future and prefers to look back and take stock of the past. "These 27 years mean many things," he says solemnly. "The 27 is a symbol many great artists died at that age, and his music, however, has su
rvived them. So for us these 27 years represent a lot of feelings, music, artists that will remain impregnated on these walls. The spirit of Space will remain forever. "

http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/06/07/tentaciones/1465318507_308208.html

180 grandparents take the track Space
Members of the Club of Retired Sant Antoni spend an afternoon at the club invited by its owner, Pepe Rosello :cool:

180 retired roost in an inner room before up to the terrace for dancing and switch while Pep djs and Joan Trias Pilot pricked 70 hits.

An unusual public raided yesterday the dance floor Space Nightclub:
180 members of the Club of Pensioners of Sant Antoni to the owner, Pepe Rosello, invited to spend an evening on the terrace and that at the entrance greeted effusively one one without exception.
Sant Antoni grandparents gave Rossello a photograph of her grandmother, a memory that moved him appears. And then, dancing and debauchery.

Casimiro Martínez Playa d'en Bossa, conquense 85, I wanted to know Space inside. With a bulldozer raided 27 years ago the land on which the famous nightclub stood and fought borriqueros scrub and thistles. "This was a wasteland," he recalls. Then he never came: "I had no time because of working day and night, exhausted, slept."
He met in person Abel Matutes, to who built his first hotel, but not to Pepe Rosello, who yesterday wanted to shake hands. And so he gave it, as each and every one of the 180 members of the Club of Retired Sant Antoni to the owner of Space invited to spend an afternoon in his room, to know inside and dancing on the terrace.

Rosello, the perfect host, waited at the entrance and greeted and kissed each of them, without exception, and after receiving loud applause from the grateful group, which arrived in three buses and several private cars.
Among those who had previously been in Space was Juan Torres, Lieutenant Artillery 76 years but not to dance but to attend rallies PP.

"I've told my grandson do not expect to arrive before five in the morning", he gave a grandfather to one of the security guards at the entrance, which tronchaba.
Yesterday, responsible for monitoring the behavior in Space, instead of showing biceps to instill respect, they had a kinder role: helping some of the retirees who had motor difficulties, as some arrived with a cane. "In life you have seen something, eh," he joked a grandmother with one of them.

"Many who are here today went to my first disco, Play Boy, like that which is butcher in Sant Antoni. And many jumped the wall, well not pay or because they were not yet 18 years ", had Pepe Rosello, who immediately agreed that the members of the Club of Retired Abad visited the hall in when it asked its president, Pepita It roselló. This gave him on behalf of everyone with something special: "You have everything except this," and gave him a framed photo on her grandmother appear next to the mother of Pepita.
Rosello then tried to have a crucial part of his biography: "We were five brothers and padrineta sa ..." but was excited and had to stop. They were five brothers who were orphaned. The biggest was eight years old, the youngest one month. His mother, Maria Prats, was widowed at age 27 when her husband died of a motorcycle accident. "My mother was a very fine woman playing piano," he recalled little later, after calming the excitement. But after her husband died "the piano stopped ringing in the house in mourning. It was like The House of Bernarda Alba. "

Who knows if because that piano fell silent, Pepe Rosello then decided to pursue music and opened in 1963, the disco Play Boy at Doctor Fleming Avenue and, in 1973, the Play Boy 2, in the West End.
This year, after 27 as a reference for the clubs of Ibiza, Space closes:
"I do not know what I'll do," he commented Rosello, asking for advice about the retired experts. And not worth visiting works.

Joan Trias, 69 ( "the best age, eh") and Pep Pilot, the Retro Association, took charge of DJing music that grandpas danced on the terrace of Space: "Soft, 70, who nor they could ask them a lot of movement, "according to Pilot. But it was enough punch the'Mamma mia' of Abba for retirees despendolaran. The security could not believe. Or at a session of La Troya there is so much wiggling hips.

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/06/20/180-abuelos-toman-pista-space/849594.html

Sorry if this has been previously mentioned but check 50:43. What was Carl about to say? I hope it's what I think it was...

Reactions: ric
Space celebrates its last birthday

Sunday night was no ordinary night for thousands of clubbers who gathered at Space occurred. The date of July 24, 2016 will be recorded in the memory of fans of the legendary nightclub of Platja d'en Bossa and will be kept with affection among countless fond memories to cherish her several generations for nearly 30 years. On the occasion of its twenty-seventh and last anniversary, Space organized a splendid birthday celebration with which claimed the place of honor that has built over the years in the history of the white island and what is now today the concept of electronic music party in Ibiza.
Space gave life to the lights and colored lights to illuminate a starry night, shook the shaker once again with its unique and unmistakable style and mixed with sapiencia the charm of its musical rhythms, representing colorful animations and performances and large doses fun for their loyal fans. And the result he got was a bright and sparkling night that might even have been even more from being able to carry out the wishes of Pepe Rosello, owner and founder of the label Space Ibiza.

"We would have liked to have opened the parking area and make a big festival with a great show, but the council has not left us. It's a shame, but what there is, "said the businessman.
In this sense, Rosello said that "it is a night that means something special to us because it's our last year. That we celebrate our 27th anniversary and they have not given us permission has surprised me a lot. I think it makes no sense.
Our intention was to have celebrated this event with a great show because we had the illusion of being able to repeat a similar party that we did on our 25th birthday, but have not given us permission even though we requested early enough. "

Beyond this drawback, Pepe Rosello was pleased with the success of the formula Space and moved for the final goodbye to his audience, once the season ends "we will make a feast of historical closing, we want to do something memorable because we put an end to a wonderful story. I think Eivissa has made us the gift to be with everyone and enjoy so many things for so many years that people a farewell that will match deserves and you can always remember. "

The thousands of rumors and speculation through the streets whispering secrets veiled among clubbers about their immediate future, the Ibizan businessman said that "I'm not sure yet what it's going to happen once we close our doors. People like to talk a lot and entertains discussing things, but of course, I can not say that I have nothing firm thought. "
However, the founder of Space added that "could be the emergence of some new thing out there, with other different perspectives to what has been done so far. I still have my reservations in this regard and I think it would not be appropriate or actual venture nothing on this issue ahead of time. "

At the moment, he continued, "we will devote ourselves to make a great season to thank our audience your company and your loyalty. I understand a great time to be close in a very tender way, very delicate and ends with feeling. That's the most important thing because, ultimately, we all remember the happy moments we have lived and are those beautiful memories which we are recorded and made unforgettable in our me. "
Whatever happens, the legendary nightclub in Playa d'en Bossa still promises many nights full of magic and illusion in which your audience will dance and be seduced as never before by the true power of sound Space.
And then we'll see.

http://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusas/local/2016/07/26/205822/space-celebra-ultimo-cumpleanos.html

Hmm... Is there any chance of them NOT being granted the ability to open the car park for Closing!??!

Seems like they did everything right to get it opened for the birthday party, but were declined, so what's stopping that happening again in October?? :spank::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back