What do most people wear in Ibiza?

beans

First time going (leaving tomorrow). Just packing now. I have some checkered shirts like these:

http://www.uniquemenswear.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1268738444-40598300.jpg

https://www.unionclothing.co.uk/lg_images/Levis_Classic_Red_Check_Shirt.jpg

But I do not know if I am going to look ridiculous in those sorts of shirts?

Also in terms of footwear, I only have one pair of Nike shoes. I kind of need some 'easier' shoes (ones that are simple to slip on) for the beach, lounging around by the swimming pool etc. I've never really been the sort of person that wears flip flops but I may try and force myself to wear them when I get to the airport (last minute shopping!!!). What do most people wear generally and what do most people wear in terms of footwear?

Btw I am a guy :)

Thanks!

Mate - it's chokingly hot in Ibiza in August .. any more than t-shirts and shorts and you'll fry alive ! In San An most guys will be wearing vests and loads of people wear them in clubs too as it's so so hot.

The short-sleeved checkered shirt might be OK for a VIP trip to Pacha but will be way over the top anywhere else or in San An.

On the shoes - I highly recommend this make of flipflops as being incredibly comfortable to walk around in especially if you're not used to them ... but you may have left it a bit late to track them down to be honest :arrow:

http://www.sanuk.com/mens-beer-cozy-flip-flops/SMS2839,default,pd.html

Mate - it's chokingly hot in Ibiza in August .. any more than t-shirts and shorts and you'll fry alive ! In San An most guys will be wearing vests and loads of people wear them in clubs too as it's so so hot.

The short-sleeved checkered shirt might be OK for a VIP trip to Pacha but will be way over the top anywhere else or in San An.

On the shoes - I highly recommend this make of flipflops as being incredibly comfortable to walk around in especially if you're not used to them ... but you may have left it a bit late to track them down to be honest :arrow:

http://www.sanuk.com/mens-beer-cozy-flip-flops/SMS2839,default,pd.html

Ok thanks. For 6 days I have packed:
8 T-Shirts
3 Shorts
3 Swimming Shorts
1 Sweatshirt
1 pair of chinos (not shorts)

Does that sound good?

And yeah sadly I would be too late to order anything online because it would arrive when I have already left!

Always take a spare pair of footwear. 99% of the time I'll wear the same pair of DC's but you just never know if there's gonna be a bit a mad moment when you feel the need to dash into the sea or fall in a pool (it has happened, speaking from personal experience here). Even if you don't wear them it's just good to have.

I'm very much like you in the sense of not wearing flip-flops, they kinda annoy me even the ones with the strap across. I usually have basketball jerseys for the day and smarter shirts or t-shirts for the evening. 1 pair of jeans 1 pair of chinos, few pairs of shorts. Pretty much it.

Always take a spare pair of footwear. 99% of the time I'll wear the same pair of DC's but you just never know if there's gonna be a bit a mad moment when you feel the need to dash into the sea or fall in a pool (it has happened, speaking from personal experience here). Even if you don't wear them it's just good to have.

I'm very much like you in the sense of not wearing flip-flops, they kinda annoy me even the ones with the strap across. I usually have basketball jerseys for the day and smarter shirts or t-shirts for the evening. 1 pair of jeans 1 pair of chinos, few pairs of shorts. Pretty much it.

Ok thanks. I think I am ok with what I have but just some sort of beach shoes really. I will take this pair (not everyone's cup of tea but i like them) http://hypemaniac.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nike-bruin-sb-sport-red-white.jpg

and then for the beach as they are cheap and maybe for nightclubs if they have a stricter dress code (the pair above may not be allowed in some clubs) http://www.clothingattesco.com/shoe...22/&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgmens,mens-footwear

Vests, mostly vests.

I got none! I was thinking of buying 1 but then took it back as I didnt really like it later on. Shame really because I have been going to the gym a lot this year (although obviously that is not the only reason I would wear a vest - also the weather and that it is 'easy' to wear).

I'm eagerly anticipating your Ibiza review when you get home, I reckon kimajy's most recent effort is due to be eclipsed!

Sure sounds like it's going to be a learning curve for you!

I'm eagerly anticipating your Ibiza review when you get home, I reckon kimajy's most recent effort is due to be eclipsed!

Sure sounds like it's going to be a learning curve for you!

Yeah I will definitey give a really in depth review. And I can tell it sure will be a massive learning curve. Never been to Ibiza before, never been on a lads holiday, never been on holiday without my parents, only been to one nightclub before, only been properly drunk once! So yeah it is going to be interesting to say the least haha!

and maybe for nightclubs if they have a stricter dress code (the pair above may not be allowed in some clubs)

The pair above will be allowed in any nightclub in Ibiza.

W*nky regional British dress code twattishness on that scale doesn't really exist on the White Isle. 8)

I personally find it ridiculous that I had to get special dispensation to enter The Egg in London (read glammed up rough and ready Kings Cross nightclub full of ex-convicts) in a pair of khaki shorts virtually identical to a pair I've worn to a load of the best clubs in the world. :evil:

Just relax and wear what you like in Ibiza. That's half the joy of the place. And have a great time - you'll come back changed for ever I've absolutely no doubt 8):p:twisted:

PS - this photo was taken in San An at 8.30am on Wednesday morning ... the group of people larking about have just got there from a night of clubbing on their way home. Gives a pretty good idea of what to expect :

526641_386363008097024_2019438231_n.jpg

Yeah I will definitey give a really in depth review. And I can tell it sure will be a massive learning curve. Never been to Ibiza before, never been on a lads holiday, never been on holiday without my parents, only been to one nightclub before, only been properly drunk once! So yeah it is going to be interesting to say the least haha!

I can not wait for the review!!!!! :lol:

PS - this photo was taken in San An at 8.30am on Wednesday morning ... the group of people larking about have just got there from a night of clubbing on their way home. Gives a pretty good idea of what to expect :

526641_386363008097024_2019438231_n.jpg

Our first vest photo!

I don't understand why people do not wear flip flop coz FLIP FLOP RULZZZ8) especially on country with shiny weather...

I wear them 365day/year even on winter (not outside of course)
, drive car with them...8)..won't bring sneakers (Hey GUYZ its 'SUMMER :eek: )but 3-4 flip-flop pairs

For the shirt , i'm "forced" to wear them at work so out of office ...:FREEDOM:shirtless or tshirt :)...bring only white shirts made of "lin" for biggest club suck PACHA to look a little bit "Dressed"...but on the wole t-shirts or T shirt cut near shoulders...
I 've seen running gag about VEST ? what do yo call a vest?
a t shirt cut near the shoulders? or the same but transparent in add? the one in the pic look like more a sport stuff...

Yes in IBZ it's great that you have no dress code...(remember i was not admit:rolleyes: in "famous" club in PARIS "champs Elyseés" because i wore a short trousers "pantacourt" a kind of trousers but with 7" inch less)
Don't even think to enter in a club in Paris with FLIP flop they are so "square" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This forthcoming review is going to be epic. Hope it's more than just a 'what I wore to wherever' review though.

Cargo shorts are the way to go in Ibiza, light, airy, with plenty of pockets to hold the water whilst you dance, and for safety you can spread the money around.

the one in the pic look like more a sport stuff...

There is definitely a huge rise in sports stuff in clubs this year. Especially places like Sankeys (Diynamic), DC-10 (Paradise, so I'm told) and Space. Vests like the ones in the picture plus gym-type shorts in particular. The up-side of this is there is noticeably more energetic dancing and far less standing about nodding heads :).

Cargo shorts are the way to go in Ibiza, light, airy, with plenty of pockets to hold the water whilst you dance, and for safety you can spread the money around.

Yeah - I go for this sort of thing too for the same reasons (practicality more than anything !) ... but I hate those pointless dangling things and would defo cut them off :lol:

yeah dunno what them dangly bits are for, though I do use them to tie the shorts to the balcony when they're wet.

Back