Weekend Plans

BBQs are definitely the way forward for semi-retired ravers. Had so much fun on Saturday. Best afternoon in months. Met a few amigos at a really nice place called Les Planes just outside BCN, all sorts of people, different ages + a lot of South Americans who take it all really seriously! You turn up early and hire a slot and a long picnic table and it's the best fun.

*If anyone knows any similar public (diy) BBQs in Ibiza please let me know. Or do you have to stay at a campsite?

My weekend has started today so here goes!

Tomorrow: Pack and head for Heathrow airport hotel
Friday: fly to Los Angeles 😁 (11 hours on a plane though 😫)
Friday evening (LA time): try to stay awake til a reasonable hour and not fall asleep by 6pm
Saturday: head for Palm Springs, bit of a tour around. Overnight in Phoenix.
Sunday: through the Sonoran desert to Sedona and on to the Grand Canyon.
Monday: monument valley.

Similar theme carries on throughout the week! I end up in vegas on Wednesday!
Amazing!! I LOVED Arizona in general. Went to Vegas for the big 40th last year and that place doesn't disappoint....make the most of it, crazy place but a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Thursday (well I think it’s Thursday!) counts as the weekend right?

Today - Vegas, @Gemski_83 you’re not wrong about this place being crazy! Glad I’ve been but I think I’ll stick to Ibiza 😂
Tomorrow (Friday) - leave Vegas for Fresno so will be seeing some of Death Valley.
Saturday - Yosemite National park
Sunday - head for San Francisco!

Today - Vegas, @Gemski_83 you’re not wrong about this place being crazy! Glad I’ve been but I think I’ll stick to Ibiza 😂
Tomorrow (Friday) - leave Vegas for Fresno so will be seeing some of Death Valley.

ooh are you flying or driving via LA at any point? if you're on the road you HAVE to stop off and see the Big Sur. It's amazing!

Today - slope off early to take boy 2 to meet boy 1 at Arsenal for footy session. Pizza too then sleepover movietime in out bedroom as usual

Saturday - take kids to pick up my sister and visit my folks in morning, then in afternoon, I'm taking the kids to watch my mate in a semi-pro footy final

Sunday - Kids' rugby club awards day - I've got a slot on BBQ duties. Lovely touch that my eldest boy had been asked to help hand out the medals. (Most on here know by now he has Autism, but is allowed to train with his little brother's team). Home by half four to watch Arsenal Utd, hoping Fulham have somehow nicked something off the juggernaut that is Man City

We’re driving back down the coast from San Francisco to LA on Tuesday I think - I’m hoping Big Sur is one of the stops!

if you take the coastal route, it really is worth it. you might even see condors. Check the traffic reports for Pacific Coast Highway before you head off. when we drove down from Carmel to LA we were lucky but were told other vehicles sometimes have to drive back all the way around if there's rockfall (no turnoffs for miles). We stopped at a campground in Malibu. Zuma Beach sunset is recognisable from a million movies. Everyone super friendly (not cheesy). There's still the odd hippy rocker in the old bars of Pisno Beach. LA itself is exhausting and a bit overwhelming at times but best to focus on one area. West Hollywood way nicer than actual Hollywood. Carneys and Norms diners for cheap food. Largo for standup comedy, Grand Central Market for Downtown drink, The Original Pantry Café for the best pancakes. Venice is still good fun, a bit tacky, but a few characters too.

(*not been since pre-lockdown but I think those spots are all evergreen)

I agree Ibiza is better but Vegas is a different kettle of fish 😂

Can recommend a bar in San Fran called Rickhouse - amazing speakeasy! You must head to Alcatraz too if you can, and The Buena Vista for the best Irish Coffee. Very envious - enjoy! 🤩

if you take the coastal route, it really is worth it. you might even see condors. Check the traffic reports for Pacific Coast Highway before you head off. when we drove down from Carmel to LA we were lucky but were told other vehicles sometimes have to drive back all the way around if there's rockfall (no turnoffs for miles). We stopped at a campground in Malibu. Zuma Beach sunset is recognisable from a million movies. Everyone super friendly (not cheesy). There's still the odd hippy rocker in the old bars of Pisno Beach. LA itself is exhausting and a bit overwhelming at times but best to focus on one area. West Hollywood way nicer than actual Hollywood. Carneys and Norms diners for cheap food. Largo for standup comedy, Grand Central Market for Downtown drink, The Original Pantry Café for the best pancakes. Venice is still good fun, a bit tacky, but a few characters too.

(*not been since pre-lockdown but I think those spots are all evergreen)
Thank you :) I’ll see if I manage to get to any of those

I think we can agree that @fhmsparkle is having the best weekend so far 🤩
Vegas this, L.A that….

Im off to the quayside on a scorcher of a day 😝

And i think they looked visible from most places but the northern lights were pretty spectacular last night. Wish id known about it happening rather than just seeing photos this morning. Would of tripped my balls off watching them🍄

Back