Ushuaïa / Cameras

JPF

Maybe a crazy question, but what is the camera policy there?

Not on about the mobile phone route, but taking in a DSLR?

I am sure on over the last couple of years I have seen punters with camcorders and other half-decent photo cameras.

ta

If you work for a publication (even a small website), apply for press, otherwise you won't be allowed to take in a "pro" camera.

Some places are better than other. One of the larger clubs doesn't allow any pro cameras in, even if you shoot for a big name publication!

I'd rather not say (can PM you) but it might just have been related to filming rather than shooting, I can't remember now.

I can understand why clubs are suspicious of shooting/filming, what with some of the utter mis-representative crap that is thrown around (from Ibiza Uncovered to Panorama).

I'd rather not say (can PM you) but it might just have been related to filming rather than shooting, I can't remember now.

I can understand why clubs are suspicious of shooting/filming, what with some of the utter mis-representative crap that is thrown around (from Ibiza Uncovered to Panorama).

yeah OK send me a pm then.

If you work for a publication (even a small website), apply for press, otherwise you won't be allowed to take in a "pro" camera.

Some places are better than other. One of the larger clubs doesn't allow any pro cameras in, even if you shoot for a big name publication!

I wouldn't class my DSLR a pro-camera, just semi-pro! (well the one I am bringing to Ibiza!)

Seen all sorts on other visits to Ushuaia, and unlike the clubs is would obviously be a harder one to enforce particularly with guests using the venue direct from the hotel rooms!

Back