Twitter !!

Craigus

Hi guys if youre off to Ibiza then heres my top 5 twitter accounts !

@ibizaspotlight
@Mamboibiza
@WestEnd_SanAn
@LinekersIbiza
@eden_ibiza

Have a great summer..... I am !!

Could be unrelated but I noticed that the Secret DJ has deactivated his account. A shame as I enjoyed the tory-bashing and perfectly normal island updates

i'd be gutted if they kill Twitter. for all its sins, I had a good community on there. people I will never meet but who I enjoyed interacting with. the media focuses on all the negative stuff, but most of the time it is a good laugh whether music, football, gossip or general pisstaking. if you work alone/remotely, it's one of the few ways to kill the day when you're bored out your mind.

Could be unrelated but I noticed that the Secret DJ has deactivated his account. A shame as I enjoyed the tory-bashing and perfectly normal island updates
maybe, but he does go through bouts of inactivity every now and again

is it all over then?
It seems more like it's just begun. If Elon Musk plays his cards right, which he seems to be doing, Twitter could win back lots of users who had left for Minds, GAB, Parler, Truth Social, Gettr, and to a degree Telegram etc. (There are so many of this alt-Twitter sites I can't remember them anymore.)

He might lose a few users who can be best described as members of the pro-establishment, cultural hard-left wing (but not Bernie Sanders wing), aka woke. I suspect most will stay on, although complaining along the way.

It's a numbers game. Twitter will most likely regain/gain more non-woke users than they will lose woke users.

I'm talking about real users of course. Musk might nuke lots of bots. A considerable number of likes are given by bots. This means that the handful of otherwise not so well known UK MPs and political activists who for unexplainable reasons get thousands of likes to each of their tweets, might suddenly only get a few dozen likes. I have already seen complaints from one well-known pro-lockdown activist whos likes suddenly vanished. This doesn't mean Twitter is over.

The one thing that is most likely over is the bias against anyone not on the cultural hard-left (as in Californian/Bay-area hard-left). People won't be banned so quickly for diffuse reasons. Banning will be more predictable, and fair.

It seems more like it's just begun. If Elon Musk plays his cards right, which he seems to be doing, Twitter could win back lots of users who had left for Minds, GAB, Parler, Truth Social, Gettr, and to a degree Telegram etc. (There are so many of this alt-Twitter sites I can't remember them anymore.)

He might lose a few users who can be best described as members of the pro-establishment, cultural hard-left wing (but not Bernie Sanders wing), aka woke. I suspect most will stay on, although complaining along the way.

It's a numbers game. Twitter will most likely regain/gain more non-woke users than they will lose woke users.

I'm talking about real users of course. Musk might nuke lots of bots. A considerable number of likes are given by bots. This means that the handful of otherwise not so well known UK MPs and political activists who for unexplainable reasons get thousands of likes to each of their tweets, might suddenly only get a few dozen likes. I have already seen complaints from one well-known pro-lockdown activist whos likes suddenly vanished. This doesn't mean Twitter is over.

The one thing that is most likely over is the bias against anyone not on the cultural hard-left (as in Californian/Bay-area hard-left). People won't be banned so quickly for diffuse reasons. Banning will be more predictable, and fair.

You're talking about obsessively political types, whereas I think most normal people use it to post pictures of cats or embarassing goal misses. The site becomes unbearable if it just turns into a massive algorithm or if the concise features that once defined it are lost. I think that's the main reason people are leaving

Indeed. Now the site has an owner with a sense of humour. It's no longer all about algorithms that oppress opposing views to whatever THE MESSAGE is supposed to be this week.

You seem to be under the impression someone controls The Narrative. There is no narrative. The only narrative is capitalism using algorithms to profile/target consumers. Nobody gets binned for their politics. People get chucked off for abusing the site to spread lies, advocating criminal acts or just being malicious. By sacking staff, there is a risk the site will get overrun by bots again which will make it unbearable. If you want to hang out with gunbearing Trumpites you can, as you say, do that elsewhere. Musk is a massive prick rich kid who just found a box of matches

You seem to be under the impression someone controls The Narrative. There is no narrative. The only narrative is capitalism using algorithms to profile/target consumers. Nobody gets binned for their politics. People get chucked off for abusing the site to spread lies, advocating criminal acts or just being malicious. By sacking staff, there is a risk the site will get overrun by bots again which will make it unbearable. If you want to hang out with gunbearing Trumpites you can, as you say, do that elsewhere. Musk is a massive prick rich kid who just found a box of matches
Musk is a spectacular moron and true garbage human. He is speed running Twitter into bankruptcy, it's amazing to watch.

Ite IDEA of Twitter is what made it work, that is long gone now and will devolve into fake everything shortly. Advertisers are ready bailing, the company will be a husk by January.

Twitter users are from almost the entire world - from the Taliban to Trump-supporters to ethnostaters to nauseatingly politically-correct rock stars preaching an eco-message whilst flying around in private jets. But it's possible to create ones own bubble on the site. I managed to avoid seeing a single Qanon post when that was a thing, as well as just about all posts from Hollywood and other entertainment celebrities (who for some reason think people are interested in their thoughts :rolleyes: ).

The only thing I can't escape are post showings the ridiculousness happening on TikTok. We are witnessing the fall of Western civilisation.

If there's a site in need of being nuked from outer space, it is TikTok.

Pretty sad in a few years we won't have much doctors, nurses, dentists, scientists it will be infuluencers you tubers, tik tok stars, and sheep
I'm not so black pilled. The Pareto principle applies to social media. It's like Hollywood actors. Something like 98 % are currently working as waitors or some other non-acting job. They aren't making any money acting.

The top ten Onlyfans "creators" earn in the region of 5-30 million dollars. The top 1 % take 33 % of the total income, whilst the top 10 % take home 73% of the total. The average for all creators is only 180 dollars a month. This means the vast majority earn less than 30-40 dollars a month. The majority of accounts don't actually have any paying followers.

Of all the Youtubers trying to break through, only a fraction make it. Of all the DJ-wannabes and aspiring drill rappers, with views on Youtube in the thousands, hardly any are making money.

It's never been easier to write and publish a book. Anyone can self-publish on Amazon. Yet most books sell no more than 20-30 copies.

Kids will soon learn to get back to school.

Back